British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

Whilst I agree there is no rush if I was a rider I would like to know by now even if I was told to keep quiet until official release.

If those involved had been notified then there is a stronger chance they would be better prepared / be investing in new or upgraded equipment sooner rather than a last minute rush.

How do you know riders havent been told?

• Like 1

How do you know riders havent been told?

It amuses me that fans think promoters sign a rider and put the press release out 10 minutes later. Some riders are signed up for weeks, even months before being announced - sometimes for maximum exposure, sometimes because I think promoters like playing games because they can. Other times because the promoters have forgot the fans exist and need informing :o

Hopwood to Buxton, interesting move. Perhaps the Raiders are going to go down the route of signing a Greenwood/Branford.

It amuses me that fans think promoters sign a rider and put the press release out 10 minutes later. Some riders are signed up for weeks, even months before being announced - sometimes for maximum exposure, sometimes because I think promoters like playing games because they can. Other times because the promoters have forgot the fans exist and need informing :o

Agreed, but then at the opposite end of the scale, you must admit that approaching late January and no rider announced at all (the only one mooted looks ineligible) isn't going to create optimism within the supporters.

Agreed, but then at the opposite end of the scale, you must admit that approaching late January and no rider announced at all (the only one mooted looks ineligible) isn't going to create optimism within the supporters.

Is the NL at Rye House ever going to create much enthusiasm? It's a second team to them, they're probably not all that bothered and would rather have 1 or two youngsters with a view to them becoming Rockets rather than sign up some super team anyway.

Is the NL at Rye House ever going to create much enthusiasm? It's a second team to them, they're probably not all that bothered and would rather have 1 or two youngsters with a view to them becoming Rockets rather than sign up some super team anyway.

I think it is safe to assume Luke Priest will be there. He said in the SS he was sorted for 2015 and I don't think he fits anywhere else does he?

• Like 2

Just because there won't be a lot of enthusiasm doesn't mean there won't be none and there should be no effort put it to entice the crowd. Atm it looks a possibility that Rye could end up with a team of newbies with most of the leading lights at other clubs or rumoured to not be in the league for one reason or another. Fans realise that it may take a few training sessions to find the right bottom end but not the top, and they need those top men to make the team competitive.

The Rye House fans may not be expecting a table topping side but I doubt they will turn out for a "Scunthorpe" style side that gets battered regularly.

The national league produces some of the most entertaining racing in the country (for both right and wrong reasons) and a Raiders side that could mix it in most meetings could be very well supported.

I think it is safe to assume Luke Priest will be there. He said in the SS he was sorted for 2015 and I don't think he fits anywhere else does he?

No, not since Ben Hopwood was signed by Buxton. I would think Andrew Silver is going to announce the team like his dad does, ie all seven in one go.

Are we running this year?

On one side: I thought Moggo II and Hoppy were highly likely team members but both have now joined others

On the other side: The fixture list have the match dates.

Come on Andrew please enlighten us.

Priest would be a poor signing, not going to score enough to take pressure off the lower order and he's never going to get any better.

There's plenty of time to name the team. We're not the kind of club that announces that we're running and then pulls out last minute. Riders are probably signed up already and awaiting announcement.

Priest would be a poor signing, not going to score enough to take pressure off the lower order and he's never going to get any better.

There's plenty of time to name the team. We're not the kind of club that announces that we're running and then pulls out last minute. Riders are probably signed up already and awaiting announcement.

I agree, but why the delay? What do Rye gain from it? Your own supported are now questioning if you're even running, which I'm sure you are btw.

I agree, but why the delay? What do Rye gain from it? Your own supported are now questioning if you're even running, which I'm sure you are btw.

Maybe the whole team is not signed but some members are, Rye teams are usually announced in one go rather than drip fed to the fans. I believe that is the simple truth behind the lack of news so far. Drip feeding news across the winter keeps fans engaged however, something that our promotion have always seemed to struggle with.

Probably for the best that you're not picking the side RocketBen as I think you've had an issue with every rider people have suggested!

Probably for the best that you're not picking the side RocketBen as I think you've had an issue with every rider people have suggested!

Not problems, sensible reasons. Big difference.