British Speedway Forum
Steve0

More Tinkering At The Agm

the 1 tac ride move is a decent enough one, upping the average is also alright, and giving other brits a chance aswell aint bad. But the rest is a bit of nothing really.

the yellow and black helmet cover is back.....

if that doesn't bring thousands back to the sport nothing will.... :o:D

• Like 9

A 2-point increase and stronger reserves - wait for the price increases!!!!!!! :mad:

Actually the 2 point team building limit would allow all but one team to retain their 2014 1-5 - assuming all riders were wanting/able to return?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Well, some interesting negativity here, based on the fact that the BSPA say that they were responding to fans' requests. I for one think they have done a pretty good job and to me it seems to have gone a little better without Bob Dugard spoiling some of the ideas!

• Like 6

Well, some interesting negativity here, based on the fact that the BSPA say that they were responding to fans' requests. I for one think they have done a pretty good job and to me it seems to have gone a little better without Bob Dugard spoiling some of the ideas!

Agree, the only reservation I have at the moment is the limit of 2 riders over 7 if this is the case.

English said: “Teams used to get two points for a home win of six points or less, but that meant some home supporters were leaving disappointed that they’d dropped a point."

I liked that rule it kept many meetings interesting right to the end.

• Like 3

lets be honest, most of the changes are to situations that should never have existed in the first place.....

sorting the tac rule, not using guests from already qualified teams in the play offs, replacing injured riders for the play offs, all should have had clear 'common sense' rules in place already..

the biggest disappointment for me is the bowing down to the GP riders, 'ride when you want lads' is now the message,...

'don't bother attending an EL meeting in a GP week fans' could also be the message..... :cry:

• Like 7

Reserve position will be stronger which is a good move and also the points limit increase. I don't see anything bad at all, it is just tinkering but think it will improve the product overall.

• Like 3

One of the biggest issues that needed to be addressed was the ability to replace the fourth ride for the second fast track reserve. Although Coventry benefited (to a point) from it last year (although Sarge was flying at the end of the season), Poole did massively as there was such a huge gulf between their top rider (Newman) and their second rider (take your pick).

The idea of the draft was that if you had a top 'A' rider, it was offset by the fact you had a weaker 'B' rider. Teams like Leicester and Wolves (with two similar level riders) suffered whilst Poole and Coventry benefited.

All fast track reserve rides should be protected. To stop any sharp practice, if they go through the tapes, miss the 2 minutes etc, they should have to go off 15 metres and not be replaced by their partner reserve.

• Like 7

Agree, the only reservation I have at the moment is the limit of 2 riders over 7 if this is the case.

Agreed, let teams build to the 34pt linit however they see fit.