British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

Birmingham Speedway ‏@BrumSpeedway · 18s18 seconds ago

We are delighted to announce that Tom Perry has agreed a deal to become our third signing for 2015.

• Like 1

Perry/Ellis will no doubt be the top pair in the NL.

Brum look to be the ones to beat - at the moment.

If Brum get Perks too they will win the League by winning every match... Which was NOT the intention of the rule changes..

Sorry to correct you but Cradley have Ellis on board. Announced yesterday! Mind, a pretty good top two if, and I did say if, the correct Tom turns up.

If Brum get Perks too they will win the League by winning every match... Which was NOT the intention of the rule changes..

Perks has gone to Cradley.

Oh okay - thanks. That's a relief..

Hardly a relief. Cradley look like they're going to walk the league instead.

• Like 1

Can someone remind me. Was it Tom Perry that got a guest appearance for the Brummies, away at Stoke, back in 2008? Probably in the same meeting that Mattia Carpanese threw his hands up in surrender?

If so, welcome back to where you started Tom.

Hardly a relief. Cradley look like they're going to walk the league instead.

Again??? Now that would be a shock won't it? The team that bought us cheque book speedway in the 1970's still winning everything at all costs. Plus ca change...

Adam's Lakeside average in 2014 was 5.10 (home) and 5.24 (away).

birmingham look like the team to beat cant see any team being able to match there top 2 and they have the best 3 pointer that any team will have, cradley at the moment are a long way short

birmingham look like the team to beat cant see any team being able to match there top 2 and they have the best 3 pointer that any team will have, cradley at the moment are a long way short

Good to know. The thing is, that I for one (and I doubt if I'm on my own), without having slaved through books and books of statistics haven't have come across many of the names in the NL (some fast trackers aside) so a helping hand on who are the good who are the bad and who are the ugly is appreciated.

Brum have the Top rider in the League in Adam Ellis, they arguably have the best Pair of riders, in Adam and Tom Perry, Zach Whatsisname wont be far short of being the best 3 pointer, IMO Ellis Perks is the best 3 pointer.

Cradleys No1 and its pretty obvious now who its going to be, will be amongst the better No1s, but Morley, Ellis, Halsey, Sarjeant all have more experience than our No1, as for our Top Pairing, again Brum just shade it, i cant comment on other Teams pairs as i dont know who they are.

In response to uk martins words of Cheque book Speedway, please tell me how poor little Cradley could compete with Coventry, Birmingham, Belle Vue, it wasnt only through the Cheque book. Brum are the 2nd city in the Uk, and let me tell YOU, its not for want of trying that Brum have NOT got Ellis Perks, they allegedly tried there damndest. If Brums best would get off there fat arses and support there Speedway Team, you should be able to walk this little NL league with all the advantages a second city has, and allegedly its NOT just Cradley trying to win at all costs.

But good luck Brum i have nothing against you, but for people to point the finger before a wheels been turned, when its a case of if you cant beat em join em.

Oh let me remind you Bruce Penhall signed as an unknown, Eric Gundersen was a reserve when he signed, Jan o Pedersen another who started at the bottom, Bobby Shwartz unknown, Lance King another unknown, Greg Hancock unknown and Billy Hamill unknown, from recollection the two big money signings were Phil Collins and the late Simon Wigg. Maybe your promotion in those days should have been a bit wiser as to what was happening across the Atlantic.

The thing is its a team sport 2/3 riders don't make a whole team looking at teams already all riders could put a few points on their average and a well balanced team throughout could cause a few upsets going to be a good contest and prizes are not given out at the start of the season many things can happen in a season can't wait for it to start

Brum have the Top rider in the League in Adam Ellis, they arguably have the best Pair of riders, in Adam and Tom Perry, Zach Whatsisname wont be far short of being the best 3 pointer, IMO Ellis Perks is the best 3 pointer.

Cradleys No1 and its pretty obvious now who its going to be, will be amongst the better No1s, but Morley, Ellis, Halsey, Sarjeant all have more experience than our No1, as for our Top Pairing, again Brum just shade it, i cant comment on other Teams pairs as i dont know who they are.

In response to uk martins words of Cheque book Speedway, please tell me how poor little Cradley could compete with Coventry, Birmingham, Belle Vue, it wasnt only through the Cheque book. Brum are the 2nd city in the Uk, and let me tell YOU, its not for want of trying that Brum have NOT got Ellis Perks, they allegedly tried there damndest. If Brums best would get off there fat arses and support there Speedway Team, you should be able to walk this little NL league with all the advantages a second city has, and allegedly its NOT just Cradley trying to win at all costs.

But good luck Brum i have nothing against you, but for people to point the finger before a wheels been turned, when its a case of if you cant beat em join em.

Oh let me remind you Bruce Penhall signed as an unknown, Eric Gundersen was a reserve when he signed, Jan o Pedersen another who started at the bottom, Bobby Shwartz unknown, Lance King another unknown, Greg Hancock unknown and Billy Hamill unknown, from recollection the two big money signings were Phil Collins and the late Simon Wigg. Maybe your promotion in those days should have been a bit wiser as to what was happening across the Atlantic.

Come on Greyhoundp, put the past to bed and let a calm future prevail to the best of both clubs.

WITHOUT Brum we would not have Cradley. WITHOUT Cradley we not have Brum in 2015.

Dan the Man did the Cinderella to Gods act with Cradley but could not do it with Brum! That should show something in my opinion.

Once A Heathen Always A Heathen as the programme says..............Once A Brummie Always A Brummie as well if you are from the wrong end of the West Midlands! I bay a Brummie, I'm from the Black Country!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, that will upset a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Bruce Penhall signed as an unknown, Bobby Schwartz unknown

Oh, come on, everyone who knows their speedway history knows that those two were far from unknown when Cradley signed them in 1978 & 1979 respectively, in fact they were both targets for Wolves in early 1977. But seeing as you are a commited Heathen, I can understand your reluctance to acknowledge that fact. :)

Good luck Brum

Thank you, kind sir. Best of luck to Cradley too. The horizon is looking very bright for both clubs next season. :t:

Edited by Leicester Hunter