British Speedway Forum

Been around a long while, looks a poor signing being totally honest. He's been around a long time and never progressed beyond third tier reserve appearances and second halves. A bad workman blames his tools and all that.

Do not agree about that with Speedway in third tier.

Bad tools means break downs and no points,where as good tools means races finished and points, :D

Edited by AJ is King

He beat danny ayres in a race last season so he has some pace. Good signing when you look at some other team reserves.

• Like 1

The standard from top to bottom of teams is much lower this season..,Pace wise Mullins at reserve compared to a lot of rookies at reserve,, he should be more than capable of getting good points in that position..Rikkies old problem apart from machinery used to be staying upright ,if he can address these then he should be a good signing in my opinion..

• Like 1

Not a great signing imo. Drifted in and out of teams to often and didn't really bother with the mdl last season despite being given a place with Milton Keynes knights.

sure I remember him no showing for a meeting at belle Vue.

Trumping rumsey at Mildenhall as the strangest signing thus far in the national league but only my opinion.

Which of Hunts old mates will be next?!

• Like 1

Agree he has always been a bit in and out..,Do not think he will mess Len Silver about ,as this will probably be his last chance to impress at this level which is definately lower than his previous efforts

• Like 1

Number 8 is only ever going to be a three pointer and 3.18 does not fit many reserves. Sam Wood is still only 3 points and would be good in this level of NL this year.

Agree he has always been a bit in and out..,Do not think he will mess Len Silver about ,as this will probably be his last chance to impress at this level which is definately lower than his previous efforts

What, Mullins?

This isn't lower surely? Previously he's been a reserve in a bottom of the table Sittingbourne Crusaders team and then only an occasional reserve with IoW. The level he's being asked to deliver for the Kings is the highest yet expected of him.

• Like 1

What, Mullins?

This isn't lower surely? Previously he's been a reserve in a bottom of the table Sittingbourne Crusaders team and then only an occasional reserve with IoW. The level he's being asked to deliver for the Kings is the highest yet expected of him.

There are more three pointers around him though and given his experience he should be expected to do well against his completely raw counterparts.

• Like 1

There are more three pointers around him though and given his experience he should be expected to do well against his completely raw counterparts.

Personally I think he would have delivered by now if he was going too and the only 3 pointers round him are Verge who isn't completely raw and the tba.

My bigger issue is dedication. He retired last season whilst doing the MDL and has to use sponsored kit as he sold his own!

Dan Blake mk2 ? (with less potential imo)

• Like 1

Makes the decision to get rid of Luke Harris a little silly now considering he was bombed out to accommodate Garrad who has also now retired

Personally I think reserves in the National league should all be under 21,i have nothing against Mullins, I have only seen him ride once I think against Kent for Wimbledon last season, where predictably he suffered 2 engine failures and think he got a point

Saying that though Danny Ayres was a late comer and he is fantastic

• Like 1

Obviously a lot of mixed opinion on the merits of Rikki Mullins and understandable given his record.But surely he must know himself he is in the last chance salloon, and will be eager to make a good impression..I still maintain the standard this season is considerably lower across the board than it has been for many seasons,,and this should help him prove he is better than many suggest ..I hope so ?

Personally I think he would have delivered by now if he was going too and the only 3 pointers round him are Verge who isn't completely raw and the tba.

My bigger issue is dedication. He retired last season whilst doing the MDL and has to use sponsored kit as he sold his own!

Dan Blake mk2 ? (with less potential imo)

I meant three pointers around him in the league as a whole, should have made myself clearer in the first post.

I agree that he should have delivered by now for sure. Lot of question marks around him IMO and that's not usually a good omen.