British Speedway Forum

Sorry I should be more positive about the 6,7 & 8. Its a lower standard all round this year so points and improvement is there to be had and lets not forget that Danny didn't exactly start last season in glory.

I feel the best reserves this year will be those who are consistent and ultimately stay on board the bike. Keep steady and pick up a point from the 3 main rides and potentially a little more from the reserves race and that's their job done.

Not the best bottom two in the league but also not the worst. With a strong top 4/5 and a little luck the Kings should be right up the table.

Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 1

Falcon Hammer, hoping not, nothing confirmed either way other than it should be taking place the week before the official first meeting.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see James Shanes at Iwade. He has to be the best signing and surely will, when settled, keep Ben on his toes for top spot.

Be interesting to see James Shanes at Iwade. He has to be the best signing and surely will, when settled, keep Ben on his toes for top spot.

Is James Shanes going to practise at the training track at Iwade?

Hes riding for Kent Kings who ride their home meetings at the Central Park Greyhound stadium in Sittingbourne!

James Shanes is one ell of a talent, very quick on the grass!

Edited by 25yearfan

Yeah James shanes one of the first confirmed riders at Iwade's season opener on March the first.

Kents season opener the small matter of a trophy match at home to Eastbourne. Roll on easter

• Like 1

Yeah James shanes one of the first confirmed riders at Iwade's season opener on March the first.

Kents season opener the small matter of a trophy match at home to Eastbourne. Roll on easter

I think we could see a bumper crowd for the Bank Holiday opener against the Eagles in the National Trophy.

• Like 1

I think the eagles could pull off a win at arlington and at Central Park with the expirence from mason

• Like 1

I think the eagles could pull off a win at arlington and at Central Park with the expirence from mason

Be very surprised to see the Eagles trouble the Kings at Central Park. Reserves will be key. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings win at Arlington either.

No disrespect to Sheppard Mullins or Cousins but neither Sheppard or Cousins have scored more than gifted points in NL and mullins never really gets going in all the teams he's been in. If wood is as good as he is on the grass he will be banging on points and it's fair to say kelsey Dugard is probably the most promising 3 pointer in the league. I recall him leading Terry-Daley, Adam kirby and Benji Compton at Central Park as well as him finishing 6th in the British u19s. As well as this How many of the kent team have raced Arlington? Ben - yes Shanes - no Ayres - no Baseby - no Verge - no Sheppard -no mullins - no cousins - no.

Eastbourne at kent - mason - yes Owen - yes Kelsey - yes George - no Warwick - no

Just to confirm James Shanes and Rik Mullins have been invited and accepted to join us at SITRAs launch on the 1st March.

Ex King Jack Kingston has also accepted.

Along with Solo riders we have British Champions on left and right hand sidecars and European 500cc sidecar champions.

We hope to see alot of our friends from the Kings fan base at this FREE event.

Edited by Nikko

Be nice to see kent riders getting a chance to practice reguarly, and some sitra club riders get a chance to ride in junior races at central park.

Be very surprised to see the Eagles trouble the Kings at Central Park. Reserves will be key. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings win at Arlington either.

The reserves will be key which I think goes in Eastbourne's favour. Saying that it may be a little early in the season for any of them to be dialled in?

I think the Kent 1-5 will be more solid and get us through but it will be squeaky over two legs.

Don't be surprised to see Woody mixing it with main body riders.......although heaven forbid him and Danny Ayres going for the same piece of track!

The reserves will be key which I think goes in Eastbourne's favour. Saying that it may be a little early in the season for any of them to be dialled in?

I think the Kent 1-5 will be more solid and get us through but it will be squeaky over two legs.

Don't be surprised to see Woody mixing it with main body riders.......although heaven forbid him and Danny Ayres going for the same piece of track!

Two legs ?

They are just separate meetings for points in the National Trophy.