British Speedway Forum

I'm wondering the same - the Lakeside announcement said it was Danny and Danno with no mention of Sheppard. I think the Kent pair might struggle but it'll be track time nonetheless!

Ben riding for the guest team as well

So this is in no way related to the mysterious post regarding the whereabouts of Danny Ayres further up the thread??

• Like 1

Ben looked really good last night and pulled off the only genuine overtake of the entire main event. But really concerned about Danno who looked quite a way off the pace, but perhaps I was expecting too much after his successful Australian tour. Sheppard at times looked more comfortable on the bike then last season but never stringed four good laps together. Although not to much can be read into it as Jack Kingston looked all out of sorts in three of his four rides.

I was at lakeside and it was a gaters paradise (of which Danno shone with last year) and it's fair to say Kent fans can be concerned for Danno. I wish him all the best and hope he can rectify it as I don't think he would hold a reserve place at the moment let alone number 2 luckily for Kent they have Ben to win heat 1. And IMO what on earth is that on his bike the front cover is missing half of the front! #throwbackthursday to 1985 on a PJ Frame fork cover lol

Edited by jubileeclip

Good to see we have a young mascot. Think it is another great thing I see other clubs do. Hopefully we will see him flourish into a team rider in the next couple of years.

Certainly worth keeping an eye on for the results from the youth rounds this year as a little pointer.......its positive when you can say even the 125 class is hotly contested.......

Looking at the Kings website it sounds like both reserves berths are up for grabs at the P&P day?

As it stood originally it was Mullins @ 6 with Adam and Jamie racing off for 7&8 although the promise of a squad / rotation to keep all happy was dangled.

Now with Mullins withdrawal (ive said enough on that) the race off is taking place with additional competition and its possible that neither Jamie or Adam get a place?

If I was either party its safe to say I would be more than a little peeved at being strung along.....

My understanding is that Jamie and Adam are still contesting the number 7 and 8 slots.

And Liam Sanderson and Matt Saul are riding off for the number 6 spot.

My choices would be Sanderson and couzins

• Like 1

Tricky one for me and here are as I see the pluses & minuses for each

Jamie: Quick round Central Park & Good backing however lacks experience of other tracks in the league

Adam: Ridden almost every track in the league & plenty of MDL experience but well known reliability issues

Liam: League Experience with Scunny but lost his place and seems prone to falling

Matt: Grasstrack racing background & must be connected to even get a shot but is no Georgie Wood & has practically no shale experience.

I suspect it will be Liam & Jamie but Adam needs to pounce if either are faltering....Matt needs to earn his right and shouldn't even be considered IMO

watching matt on the grass he isnt scared to show an elbow in which i think couinz sheppard and sanderson lack. I think if you wanted the strongest possible pairing Matt at 6 and sanderson at 7 cousinz at 8

Tricky one for me and here are as I see the pluses & minuses for each

Jamie: Quick round Central Park & Good backing however lacks experience of other tracks in the league

Adam: Ridden almost every track in the league & plenty of MDL experience but well known reliability issues

Liam: League Experience with Scunny but lost his place and seems prone to falling

Matt: Grasstrack racing background & must be connected to even get a shot but is no Georgie Wood & has practically no shale experience.

I suspect it will be Liam & Jamie but Adam needs to pounce if either are faltering....Matt needs to earn his right and shouldn't even be considered IMO

Matt has every right and if he does the business,good luck to him.

Never seen Matt ride but the reports I ve heard say he was a good rider till he had a nasty injury and he has never been the same since. Look forward to seeing him Monday

All to come out in the wash Monday evening if they are allowed to race!!! Adam has no real sponsorship or knowledgeable mechanical backup which might be slowing his progress. Sadly the facts of life prevail and if you have sound backing and machinery you are more likely to progress. This is almost a last saloon shoot-out for these lads and sometimes experience does count. Anyway Monday evening it is then.

Will post a full review of events after its finished. But first race off race for the seven and eight slots 1st place matt Saul, 2nd Adam sheppard 3rd Jamie couzins. Liam Sanderson is not here disappointingly.

2nd race starts with Saul and couzins coming together in turn 1. Couzins straight up, Saul up after a bit of attention.

2nd race re run. Couzins wins from sheppard and Saul. Couzins passed sheppard on opening lap. Saul did well to save a big rear up from a horrid hole on entry to first bend on 2nd lap.

• Like 2

Will post a full review of events after its finished. But first race off race for the seven and eight slots 1st place matt Saul, 2nd Adam sheppard 3rd Jamie couzins. Liam Sanderson is not here disappointingly.

2nd race starts with Saul and couzins coming together in turn 1. Couzins straight up, Saul up after a bit of attention.

2nd race re run. Couzins wins from sheppard and Saul. Couzins passed sheppard on opening lap. Saul did well to save a big rear up from a horrid hole on entry to first bend on 2nd lap.

How may races is there?

They only had the 2. Someone has got a hard choice. When I get home I will pop up a review of all the lads.

• Like 2