British Speedway Forum

The line up for the pairs is very poor and the organisers seem to want Danny Ayers to win as his pairing with Brendon Johnson looks far stronger than any other pairing,,Can only visualise a poor turnout for this. Still the Danny Ayers victory cellebrations should be worth the entry fee alone ,But i do not expect great racing...

Chapman and Shanes will be in the mix to win too.

• Like 1

Chapman and Shanes will be in the mix to win too.

And quite honestly watching Shanes on a bike is worth the admission money alone.

• Like 5

And quite honestly watching Shanes on a bike is worth the admission money alone.

If he can learn to trap he'll go a long, long way in this sport IMO.

• Like 1

Come to Eastbourne :P

Sadly you make the offer, surely supporting a team means through thick and thin, not looking for the nearest winning team! Anyway with such strength in depth are you not going to be witnessing follow-my-leader racing as well?

• Like 1

Sadly you make the offer, surely supporting a team means through thick and thin, not looking for the nearest winning team! Anyway with such strength in depth are you not going to be witnessing follow-my-leader racing as well?

Not really follow the leader less than at EL! Yes support through thick and thin but how long would you support them if there was no change?

It must be a bit worrying for the promotion that the long tail in the team may cause the excellent support received so far at Kent could cause a drop in attendances.. In my opinion while the riders concerned will need time to improve ,,How much time can be afforded them ,Without the inevitable happening ?

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

I think you should earmark one rider in my opinion Jamie couzins as someone to develop over the season as he is a raw talent with very little experience. Danno and Adam have a bit more experience so less time should be given.

Credit where its due to Adam. He seems to be putting himself about and getting as many rides in as he can MDL, Eastbourne meeting etc and the more time on a bike the better.

It is hard to judge the bottom 3 when they have only ridden against one of the best bottom 3's in the league. There will be easier tests to come and its how they perform in these that determines what judgement is to be made.

Adam & Danno should have the edge over Jamie regarding experience of the away tracks however its the home performances that keep fans happy.

• Like 1

At the bare minimum you need to give a rider a month or so to establish themselves.

Credit where its due to Adam. He seems to be putting himself about and getting as many rides in as he can MDL, Eastbourne meeting etc and the more time on a bike the better.

It is hard to judge the bottom 3 when they have only ridden against one of the best bottom 3's in the league. There will be easier tests to come and its how they perform in these that determines what judgement is to be made.

Adam & Danno should have the edge over Jamie regarding experience of the away tracks however its the home performances that keep fans happy.

You don't want to be saying oh we are beating the easy bottom 3s in the league. You want to be saying that you can beat our bottom 3 at Eastbourne they need to be good not just beating the nobody's!

I will say whatever I choose to :neutral:

I will be more than happy to see the bottom 3 progress to mix it with most teams this season.

Eastbourne are the exception to the rule and I am not unrealistic. Kelsey has probably done thousands of laps of Arlington over the years, Georgie is a National Champion on the grass and clearly a natural motorcycling talent. Richard is the signing of the season given his current performances vs his average.

If Kent can get themselves into a competitive side home and away and are not haemorrhaging points from lower order I will be happy-ish.

I guess you are right about Georgie and Kelsey but just thought that you would be more optimistic than you sounded!

Edited by Alex2000

Depending on how the averages develop it may be that the next green sheet declaration could include Brendan Johnston, he goes well around Central Park and would give a bit of impetuous to the middle order.