British Speedway Forum

Not easy finding 3 pointers that are going to strengthen team and are going to improve over the season.

• Like 1

I truly believe the best improving 3 pointers will hold the balance of power this season like never before...

• Like 5

And confirmed on the Kent website.hopefully he continues his improvement as he has got steadily better each time he has visited, a good local flavour to the Kent side this year may well put a few more bums on seats aswell.

• Like 1

Danny ayres beating Greaves and phillips at scunthorpe today got to be a massive boost to the rest of the Kent lads....

• Like 4

I wonder if Veggie Jnr has been trying to negotiate some sponsorship with the manufacturers of the Aussie delicacy Vegemite whilst he's been Down Under? :unsure:

"With an overall aim of getting as many Kent-born or Kent-based riders as possible into the Kings’ squad....."

Interesting statement from Kent? With only Verge & Baseby current born or based Kent riders does this point to other local lads for the 6&7 positions?

"With an overall aim of getting as many Kent-born or Kent-based riders as possible into the Kings’ squad....."

Interesting statement from Kent? With only Verge & Baseby current born or based Kent riders does this point to other local lads for the 6&7 positions?

Other than Perks,and I would assume arron basebys brother who else is Kent born or based?

Of the eligible 3 point riders available for the remaining places I believe both Jamie Couzins & Rob Watts are Kent lads.

Personally I think Adam Sheppard & Watts would be a good fit at 6&7 with Couzins filling the required No.8 berth.

When i saw them ride together on occasions Cousins was half a lap in front of shepherd ,so would prefer him by a country mile.... Not impressed with Shepherd at all

My choice was based more upon experience of the league tracks and mileage already put in.

Not sure how many tracks Couzins has actually been too or how prepared for all the travelling he is?

I think there will be some shocks for several of the newbies across the league this year when they learn how time and financially draining league racing is and sadly suspect mid season retirements.

When i saw them ride together on occasions Cousins was half a lap in front of shepherd ,so would prefer him by a country mile.... Not impressed with Shepherd at all

Rikki Mullins it is then.

Bike supplied by Rob Couzins - is that Jamies Dad ? So if so could it also be Couzins ?

Your absolutely right Sings for kings the costs are astronomic especially for low point scorers mainly on £10 a point.. thats £30 to 3 pointer... Costs before you start a meeting on basics ,,such as tyre,oil, methanol,,, around £70...The travel money only gets you to the track,,pay your own way going home, to say nothing about damage to the bike,, plus exspensive regular engine tuning to stay competitive...,And you need sponsers or a well off Mum and Dad or Grand parents to survive..It will be really hard for some... I wish them all the best of luck...

Been around a long while, looks a poor signing being totally honest. He's been around a long time and never progressed beyond third tier reserve appearances and second halves. A bad workman blames his tools and all that.

• Like 1