British Speedway Forum

get ty proctor in. looks like Glasgow already protecting their assert. then again ,ther is a lot of man flu around at the moment.

So you are accusing GLASGOW of pulling him out? Where is the proof of this please and what is the reason for him pulling out?

I will NEVER defend ANY rider who pulls out without justifiable cause no matter who he rides for but I reckon - unless you can of course prove otherwise - that you are well out of order and again showing inaccurate and bizarre bias by accusing Glasgow without proof. One of those involved at Glasgow was shocked when I mentioned to them that Lawson had apparently pulled out last night.

So come on then, you made the accusation - lets have the proof please that its Glasgow and not Mr Lawson himself and while you are at it if you could let us know the reason for his call off a lot of us would be grateful. Thanks :)

I notice you have completely ignored my request to back up your accusation of Glasgow withdrawing a rider with proof..... See:-

Id say an accusation like that - which can damage a promotions reputation - is pretty important especially to a new promotion and to the sport in general. I would like to know exactly why you made the accusation - if it were proved true I will be one of the first to have a go but I REFUSE to do so without proof. YOU made the accusation, now have the decency to provide the proof please rather than try and tell others to wind their neck in and ignore requests to back up a pretty serious accusation.

Thank you

that make team England a lot stronger. feel sorry for the other teams involved..

remind me what i said about glasgow.

Oh dear you keep ignoring me, the one who has quoted and put in simple language EXACTLY what you said about Glasgow and asked you three times now to justify it AND included the quotes for you.

Im sure George can ask for himself or even requote all of my quotes if he wants but let me say it again for you in straight forward terms

In your quote (the first one - even has your name against it to help you and just to add that extra bit of help I've embolded it for you, dont say Im not helpful) you implied that GLASGOW were responsible for Lawsons withdrawal.

Once again, kindly justify this potentially extremely damaging comment of yours about Glasgow speedway and provide proof of your pretty serious and as yet apparently completely unfounded allegation

Thats pretty straight forward in the way its put isnt it? So come on then jenga, you made the statement - WHERE IS THE PROOF?

In future ignore the BBC weather forecast. As per the system I often use, and mentioned earlier, there was a shower at about 1pm then it was dry all afternoon.

I agree with Chalkie, the meeting was good and the racing got better as the meeting went on.

Anyone who did not go missed out on seeing some good young riders.

From Swindons point of view Nick Morris showed a lot of speed and Kyle Howarth looked good as well.

• Like 2

In future ignore the BBC weather forecast. As per the system I often use, and mentioned earlier, there was a shower at about 1pm then it was dry all afternoon.

I agree with Chalkie, the meeting was good and the racing got better as the meeting went on.

Anyone who did not go missed out on seeing some good young riders.

From Swindons point of view Nick Morris showed a lot of speed and Kyle Howarth looked good as well.

what sort of attendance was there at The Blunsdon Superbowl today?

what sort of attendance was there at The Blunsdon Superbowl today?

Pretty good but probably not at the level of Leicester last season-possibly a couple of thousand.

Had a fab day at Swindon, Morris a worthy Winner. Highlite for me was meeting Joe Owen & having a long chat, such a genuine guy

Pretty good but probably not at the level of Leicester last season-possibly a couple of thousand.

very good if that's the number, will probably be better than the Kilbs meeting in a few weeks, and better than last season's league crowds of around 1200-1500?

In future ignore the BBC weather forecast.

Good point - I pretty much ignore the over pessimistic BBC weather forecasting if I find several others are indicating a different story as was the case today.

• Like 1

Riders not having equipment ready for March and some getting asked to ride only days before the event smacks of bad preparation on both sides. Riders have had all winter to get their kit ready and those who haven't don't come out of this situation very well IMO. It mirrors the amateurism of the way British speedway is run unfortunately.

Your're right.

What I think it boils down to is that Lewis Bridger was allowed to get away with the "no bikes" stunt last season without anyone (BSPA / SCB) having the guts to pull him up for bringing the sport into disrepute. So this year others have been able to get away with it too. And do you think that the people who are so big and brave to fine and punish a track announcer, Chris Simpson, last year for calling them a "bunch of knobs" are going to do anything about riders ripping the pi$$ out of the sport (and proving Chris Simpson right)? Of course not. Can't wait to see how many riders will be bike-less next year.

• Like 1

Sorry if i have missed this as ive been scrolling through, but what was the official reason for Lawson withdrawing?

Sorry if i have missed this as ive been scrolling through, but what was the official reason for Lawson withdrawing?

Don't think anbody knows why it hasn't been announced.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Couldn't be arsed?

Well, I for one thought that was a bloody good meeting, well worth the entrance money-anyone who didn't go because of the line-up missed an afternoon of a competitive lot of races on a very well prepared track. Glad I went!

Likewise Chalkie. A good meeting with some good racing, but bloody hell, that got cold!

Such a shame this meeting isn't supported by more riders who race in this country, especially when you see the likes of Lol Hare, Steady, Joe Owen etc. turn up and show their support. I'm no Ben Barker fan, but fair play to him for being an ever present in the ben fund meetings. Such a shame it isn't so important to some of the other young brits.

Belive it or not. I know of 2 reasons as to why riders couldn't make it. I don't know who the riders are but you will laugh at these

1st rider - his partner as gone to new York

2nd rider - he had to look after his dog

It was good to finally see some speedway after a long winter!

Although I do hope there's some bigger names and fewer cancellations for next year's event, there was some great racing today in front of a decent crowd. Hopefully plenty of money was raised. I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to Swindon - I'll be back again later in the season if possible.

Swindon fans will be very happy with the performances from their riders I think! Leicester fans had a bit less to cheer about until Walasek got going near the end when he really made it count, but I'm sure Wozniak will also get going once the season is underway.

Added another Ben Fund Bonanza race jacket to my collection too, although I had to settle for my 2nd choice on this occasion - still pleased with it though!