British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

The Tasmanian state final was known as being the last resort for riders. It was basically a state final run for the benefit of the 2 or 3 riders who had failed in other state finals.

Dont think it was run this year - still time!!?

failing all of the above,,, if you tell them you've got 'The Kylie Minogue Box Set',,, you might be lucky,,,

I see at last we have managed to get back to the topic in hand. Just seen that Taylor Poole is one of the first bunch of Assies that have been officially named that his visa has been refused. So the issue with injured riders maybe getting a visa application has now gone out of the window.

It will be very interesting how many actually get the nod and how many of them fail to get visa for this season.

It may just get harder and harder for them as the years go by. It dosen't look that there is very much that can be done to alter the rulings they are making.

Taylor Poole raced as Brit. on a 3 point average for Mildenhall in 2009. Why does he need sponsorship & visa now when he was British then.

• Like 2

Taylor Poole raced as Brit. on a 3 point average for Mildenhall in 2009. Why does he need sponsorship & visa now when he was British then.

Seems like a good question to me.

I like Taylor Poole I think he is an exciting Rider.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

The Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) requirements for ............2009 :

Any Speedway promotion wishing to employ an individual rider to participate in their team will be required to guarantee that, for the previous season, the rider for whom the application is made has fulfilled one of the following criteria.

a) Australia/ New Zealand/ U.S.A.

Finished in the first four in the state Championships........

So please explain how this is any different from the rules as have already been applied? What evidence do you have to support your assertion that promoters have acted in this way in the past.....or indeed in the future?

I do hope this isn't another example of a rather naive sweeping statement!!!!!

wonder what the nz state champs are? North and south island? Or if they are provinicial champs, being our closest thing to states (not that we have such champs to my knowledge). But id say the standard to come top 4 in manawatu or northland may not be too high!

The Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) requirements for ............2009 :

Any Speedway promotion wishing to employ an individual rider to participate in their team will be required to guarantee that, for the previous season, the rider for whom the application is made has fulfilled one of the following criteria.

a) Australia/ New Zealand/ U.S.A.

Finished in the first four in the state Championships........

So please explain how this is any different from the rules as have already been applied? What evidence do you have to support your assertion that promoters have acted in this way in the past.....or indeed in the future?

I do hope this isn't another example of a rather naive sweeping statement!!!!!

it was a joke

go away

• Like 5

failing all of the above,,, if you tell them you've got 'The Kylie Minogue Box Set',,, you might be lucky,,,

.....lucky...lucky...lucky.....

So what happens if a Russian, Argentine, Brazilian, Chinese or any other non-EU national rides in an Aussie state final (which they can do) and finishes top 4. They have a work permit. What is their average?

Doesn't it say an Aussie/NZ/USA rider has to finish in the top 4 of a state championship? A Russian, Argentine, Brazilian, Chinese would have to be their national champion.

• Like 1

.....lucky...lucky...lucky.....

Doesn't it say an Aussie/NZ/USA rider has to finish in the top 4 of a state championship? A Russian, Argentine, Brazilian, Chinese would have to be their national champion.

No, it just list the countries & qualifying criteria for each one & then says that anyone not racing in those countries has to be their national champion. Bear in mind that the rules were made on the advice of the SCB/BSPA so they're never going to provide the complete answer. Edited by Alan_Jones

wonder what the nz state champs are? North and south island?

It just shows you how ridiculously the regulations were formulated. They also used to warble on about the Czech Extraliga, but completely failed to mention the German leagues which at least in the past were a higher standard.

Australian and US (and NZ) state championships should be completely discounted for visa qualification. It should go on national championships alone.

• Like 1

Well apparently Mike Bacon ( Ipswich journalist) has tweeted this morning "just spoken to CL and no problem with visa for Gino or Rohan - they both meet the criteria" (paraphrased)

So either the criteria have been amended or CL has got it spectacularly wrong.

Well apparently Mike Bacon ( Ipswich journalist) has tweeted this morning "just spoken to CL and no problem with visa for Gino or Rohan - they both meet the criteria" (paraphrased)

So either the criteria have been amended or CL has got it spectacularly wrong.

Just the mere suggestion that CL may have got in wrong, is enough for some of the usual suspects to go on the attack!!!

As we enter a fresh era of transparency, it would be helpful if the BSPA could update their website to actually confirm what the current criteria is.

As of five minutes ago the BSPA website still shows the criteria for season 2009. If nothing has changed just change the date.....it really isn’t that tricky!!

When the 2009 criteria was introduced did the average figure quoted include bonus points? If it does, it may account for some of the apparent anomalies. Whether that applies to Tungate or Manzares I have no idea.

When the 2009 criteria was introduced did the average figure quoted include bonus points? If it does, it may account for some of the apparent anomalies. Whether that applies to Tungate or Manzares I have no idea.

No, that changed in 2005/6 when it dropped from 8 to 7. Edited by Alan_Jones

Would be interesting to know how Manzares has been approved and Taylor Poole hasn't ??