British Speedway Forum
doners1234

What The Visa Issues Could Mean For Teams.

What the hells all this?countdown ?am I On the wrong thread? If not can I have one from the top two from the middle and one from the bottom please rschel

This is wrong, We, Plymouth, tried to sign Alex but was rejected on a tier two visa therefore like Doyle and one other ride (forgot name) we applied to get him in on a tier 5 visa !! This got rejected because NO rider should have been allowed in on a tier 5 visa. And the UKVI held there hands up and aploagised for this error. They only noticed this after they had granted The other 2 riders acces and therefore could not reject/reverse them as they were already signed and done but rejected Alexs because they noticed whilst the paperwork was being sorted between themselves and Plymouth. Maybe had Plymouth worked earlier He would have come over and lecister may never have got Doyle.

The BSPA have now hoever appplied to be given a tier 5 visa as a gouverninig body and this should make this hole process alot easier. This in turn will mean clubs will have to apply for tier 5 status for them to grant it to riders. But the first step is for BSPA to get it then the clubs will be allowed it.

I noticed this at the end of the official statment on the SGB website about visas....

This will probably save Poole and Proctor so i should imagine Sheffield will be ok.

Taken from This is Plymouth confirms Wombles Post

CITY speedway team Plymouth Devils could lose two of their top riders over an immigration visa wrangle.

Australian junior champion Jack Holder and American Ryan Fisher could be prevented from joining their team-mates at the St Boniface Arena following an investigation by UK immigration officials.

That investigation is said to have uncovered irregularities by clubs applying for their Certificate of Sponsorship Licence in the past.

That licence grants UK clubs the right to 'import' riders from outside the European Union.

UK visa officials, in the light of their investigations, have implemented a blanket ban on the use of Certificate of Sponsorship licences for the import of riders from countries like Australia and America.

The one chink of light in the tunnel is that Plymouth – as a new company taken over less than two years ago – have never been granted a licence in the past.

News of the blanket ban affecting other clubs came on the day Plymouth were told they would, in fact, be granted a licence.

They have now been told unofficially that the Holder deal should be ratified without any problems.

However, Devils' team manager Lee Trigger has also been told that Fisher, who holds a three-year visa, might have to re-apply.

The whole mess is likely to be sorted out one way or the other tomorrow, when UK speedway chiefs will meet with immigration officials to hammer out a way forward.

Trigger, meanwhile, is in the dark over what might happen to his two riders.

"I don't know where I am," he admitted yesterday. "Technically, we've been told that since we've never had a Certificate of Sponsorship Licence we won't be affected, since clearly we can't have done anything wrong.

"On the day that every other team had their licence revoked, we got the licence we had applied for four weeks previously.

"Technically, because of that, we're the only team in the UK who can go ahead and import someone.

"But there's all sorts of things going around, like the fact that we might have to go with six-man teams instead of seven, because there might not be enough riders to go around.

"It's difficult to know what to do – get working on getting riders in who are British to make sure we've got a team, or wait for a bit to get the two I really want?

"We needed one more rider to complete our team before all this happened.

"But as it stands I could end up needing three. Ryan is our number one this year and if he has got to apply for a new visa , I could be looking for a new number one."

Read more: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Immigration-problems-hold-possible-additions/story-25942449-detail/story.html#ixzz3QqwbaMFQ

Incorrect :-)

The letter h is a consonant. When a word begins with a hard consonant sound you would use 'a', not 'an'.

So it is 'a hotel'.

If the h is silent, eg with the word 'hour', you would then use 'an'.

A hotel.

An hour.

I went to a Grammar school. I know this stuff!!

...and I said almost exactly the same a few pages back (minus the grammer school bit lol)

Tbh Grachan I doubt if some will listen to you either! lol

• Like 1

But alex himself in an interview in the star blamed somerset for mucking him about one minute wanting him the next not throught the 13/14 close season which stopped any other club from applying for his visa until it was too late.

But alex himself in an interview in the star blamed somerset for mucking him about one minute wanting him the next not throught the 13/14 close season which stopped any other club from applying for his visa until it was too late.

Hardly - our team was confirmed in plenty of good time. If we didn't want him then that's tough luck. We went on to nearly win the league without him so that decision was justified as it turns out. No team is any obligation to have to sign anybody. I really like Alex as a rider, especially around the Oak Tree - but he didn't cut it away from home.

The failings lie at Plymouths door here - agreeing to sign an Aussie when they don't even have the relevant license to sign work permit riders. Oh dear.

Edited by Najjer

Or a club trying to sign aussies on illegal averages two years on the trot.

Edited by brewer
  • Like 1

Or a club trying to sign aussies on illegal averages two years on the trot.

And that is relevant because? Failure to have a debate is normally down to failing to have any understanding of the points being made.

Brady Kurtz doesn't require a work permit either - just another little bit of info for you there :wink:

James Holder could be a 3.00 average for all I care, he doesn't meet the criteria which Somerset hoped he would when he was signed only to fail in the State Championships - but again, don't let that get in the way of your pointless arguement.

Edited by Najjer

This is wrong, We, Plymouth, tried to sign Alex but was rejected on a tier two visa therefore like Doyle and one other ride (forgot name) we applied to get him in on a tier 5 visa !! This got rejected because NO rider should have been allowed in on a tier 5 visa. And the UKVI held there hands up and aploagised for this error. They only noticed this after they had granted The other 2 riders acces and therefore could not reject/reverse them as they were already signed and done but rejected Alexs because they noticed whilst the paperwork was being sorted between themselves and Plymouth. Maybe had Plymouth worked earlier He would have come over and lecister may never have got Doyle.

The BSPA have now hoever appplied to be given a tier 5 visa as a gouverninig body and this should make this hole process alot easier. This in turn will mean clubs will have to apply for tier 5 status for them to grant it to riders. But the first step is for BSPA to get it then the clubs will be allowed it.

I noticed this at the end of the official statment on the SGB website about visas....

This will probably save Poole and Proctor so i should imagine Sheffield will be ok.

Firstly it's not wrong at all, Plymouth could not support any riders application at the time, whether it be a Tier 2 or Tier 5, as they did not have a sponsors licence, which was confirmed in the article quoted by IDH. So whoever fed you that line is way off beam.

As for the UKVI apologising, I think the current state of affairs shows that the word 'apology' is not in their vocabulary, ask any of the promotions who attended the meeting where their Sponsorship Licences were withdrawn.

The use of the word 'We' in your reply is interesting, if it means you are part of, or attached to the promotion, then it's no wonder Speedway is having to deal with it's current predicament. If the use of the word is to indicate that you're a supporter, then you really should take more notice of your own clubs press releases.

Edited by womble53

I didn't say anything about brady's need for a permit, I mooted the point that your club have tried two years on the trot to get riders in on illegal averages, jack is correctly on seven and so should of bk. And that alex himself said somerset caused his visa problem, which has potentially caused him problems again depending official clarification of the criteria. At the end of the day I have my opinion you have yours and will in all fairness defend your team.

And that is relevant because? Failure to have a debate is normally down to failing to have any understanding of the points being made.

Brady Kurtz doesn't require a work permit either - just another little bit of info for you there :wink:

James Holder could be a 3.00 average for all I care, he doesn't meet the criteria which Somerset hoped he would when he was signed only to fail in the State Championships - but again, don't let that get in the way of your pointless arguement.

What and you think Somerset would not have signed Holder on a 3.00 average if they could, I think your argument looks a bit silly there, didn't Holder finish runner up in the under 21 Australian Championship.

Edited by Devildodger

What and you think Somerset would not have signed Holder on a 3.00 average if they could, I think your argument looks a bit silly there, didn't Holder finish runner up in the under 21 Australian Championship.

what does finishing runner up in the aussie u21 champs have to do with being elegible for a visa,

The under 21 Champs is irrelevant - the PL doesn't run at U21 level and therefore any age restricted competition has no bearing on the PL's requirements. Like I said before, it comes as no coindence that Somerset waited weeks and weeks until the State Championships were over before dropping Holder when it became clear he didn't qualify for a work permit at the moment.

I didn't say anything about brady's need for a permit, I mooted the point that your club have tried two years on the trot to get riders in on illegal averages, jack is correctly on seven and so should of bk. And that alex himself said somerset caused his visa problem, which has potentially caused him problems again depending official clarification of the criteria. At the end of the day I have my opinion you have yours and will in all fairness defend your team.

The whole average scenario, especially concerning Brady, has nothing to do with this debate though. We're debating Holder and Davies.

There is no opinion to have, you either chose to read the facts or you chose to ignore them. For what it's worth in reference to your last point, there has been more than one occasion where I have not always agreed with my team, and plenty of times that I have.

The OED site suggests that you should use "a hotel" but "an hotel" was the correct form in the 18th and 19th century....Are you much older than you are letting on? :D

I reckon I must be. :blink: :blink:

what does finishing runner up in the aussie u21 champs have to do with being elegible for a visa,