British Speedway Forum
doners1234

What The Visa Issues Could Mean For Teams.

I've had a quick look at the ILR application process & Tier 2 visa holders who've been here for 5 years, with less than 180 days/year away, and are still employed & paid fully are eligible.

Fair enough. I see Mitchell Davey also has the same thing. I wonder if we'll see him back at number 7 in a PL team soon now :D

Like you, I don't know the riders or their situations. With ILR you are free to work (as you are with FLR - further leave to remain) so he wouldn't need a work permit. The Leave to Remain would be your permit to work and your visa.

If he is applying for ILR, then presumably he must already have some leave to remain here? If he doesn't, then he can't apply for ILR, but would need a spouse visa first - which lasts for 2.5 years. You need two of these before you can go for ILR.

As you say, none of these are guaranteed as permanent. You can only spend 3 months out of the UK on each period of Leave to Remain.

It would be interesting to know his exact situation with this. My own wife is from outside the EEC and we're currently going through the spouse process. The whole thing is not at all straight forward and you cannot automatically get it just by being married to a UK citizen.

Grachan, ILR used to be different for certain areas including sport. It was football I was involved in it with but ILR was not deemed enough to allow us to sign a T&T player as he did not have sufficient international experience to play in the professional league but he could remain here in other employment. I cant fully remember the ins and outs but sport was treated differently then - it caught us out at the time as we hadnt thought there would be a problem

So how the hell does Ricky Wells get it then? He's not married is he?

You don't have to be married!

Fair enough. I see Mitchell Davey also has the same thing. I wonder if we'll see him back at number 7 in a PL team soon now :D

I have a funny feeling Mitty has very recently attained citizenship but I might have picked that up wrong

Thanks for your insight Grachan and Lioness.

Pretty complicated stuff.

From the position of a casual observer the situation/history of Matt and Rusty just seemed to be very similar.

I think most of us are wondering why Matty Wethers has been caught up in this as he appears to fulfil every criteria and then some but if you don't apply for the correct type of application the regulations can be very unforgiving

I wonder if it's now time to move on, replace the riders concerned, and get on with the 2015 season. I am also hoping that the Promoters have learnt a valuable lesson, learn the rules, intertprit them correctly and stick to the rules set down, as this year they have been caught seriously wanting.

how can you drop a thread/post that is still very active and as yet has not had any of the concernes answered.

if we knew what the outcome was going to be, fair enough..

i am not having a go at you.

how can you drop a thread/post that is still very active and as yet has not had any of the concernes answered.

if we knew what the outcome was going to be, fair enough..

i am not having a go at you.

Good, cos i can't find my handbag :D

its beside your white stiletto's :P

• Like 2

So to be clear, amongst all this fog...

Sub7 Rusty qualifies through residency but sub7 Matty does not. Is this correct?

If this is correct what specifically has Rusty done that Matt hasn't?

Five years permanent UK residency?

Is this it?

Not to be too indelicate but where did Matt's wife have two kids if they're not resident in the UK for X years?

Think Mattys kids were born over here .(1at least).

[/quote

as lioness said , its beside your white stilettos. behind the walk in wardrobe door. its the pink one with the brick in it. .LOL.

[/quote

as lioness said , its beside your white stilettos. behind the walk in wardrobe door. its the pink one with the brick in it. .LOL.

Brick, did you spell that right, begins with a 'P' I think :D

got to ask , why are you carrying a(P)... brick in your handbag.

In case he meets a sheep obviously, you know what these Berwick folk are like :rofl:

In case he meets a sheep obviously, you know what these Berwick folk are like :rofl:

Now in that area I am very experienced as a Welshman, although the Borders Folk are pretty experienced in this field, but not up to the 'Special Order of the Green Welly'( especially designed to put the sheeps back legs into) :party::party:

Edited by TOURETTES
  • Like 1

Now in that area I am very experienced as a Welshman, although the Borders Folk are pretty experienced in this field, but not up to the 'Special Order of the Green Welly'( especially designed to put the sheeps back legs into) :party::party:

I don't know about these things. :o :o ;):D