British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Coventry V Leicester 20 March Emb 2nd Leg

Don't hoover the house or cut the grass because the noise will scare a dog, ridiculous!

Swap pets for kids. Whats the difference?

Don't hoover the house or cut the grass because the noise will scare a dog, ridiculous!

Quite, he's come out with that nonsense as he actually ha no argument!

Found this photo just for you Robert - Molly at her first Speedway meeting at Coventry aged 10 weeks. Do you honestly think she is at all bothered by the noise or flying shale? I rest my case. :lol:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=78059152784&set=a.10150108832387785.305302.550797784&type=3&theater

I remember her that age, what year was it Gem?

Arn't most stadiums dog tracks as well, they can hardly ban dogs from stadiums can they!! Don't see what the problem is, the dog owner is the best judge whether it is a safe environment for their dog or not, if the dog is highly strung and gets easily frightened by noise then the owner wouldn't take it with them would they.

• Like 1

You really did make me laugh reading your post today, your comparing the noise made by a hoover or a flymo with 4 high powered 500cc Motorbikes as equal LOL

You really did make me laugh reading your post today, your comparing the noise made by a hoover or a flymo with 4 high powered 500cc Motorbikes as equal LOL

You don't exactly need ear defenders at a speedway meeting do you!

• Like 1

You don't exactly need ear defenders at a speedway meeting do you!

Not unless you are a mechanic or a rider in the pits.

It's not like Janet is taking the dog for a walk in the pits. The noise travels a fair distance before it reaches the crowd and a speedway bike is hardly loud these days. Everyone who owns motorbike cannot have a dog then? Edited by woz01

Dogs that are not highly strung, seem to love motorcycles and the noise they make. in the early 1970's I had a 650cc A.J.S twin with a double sidecar on it and my Samoyed used to love nothing better than riding in the sidecar. The noi in there was far above what you get at a speedway meeting and he used to lay on the seat and go to sleep.

My Japanese Spitz I have now, would just hate going to a speedway meeting, she just seems to be scared of anything and everything. It is up to the owner and if they have any sense they will know what their dog likes and dislikes.

• Like 1

It's not like Janet is taking the dog for a walk in the pits. The noise travels a fair distance before it reaches the crowd and a speedway bike is hardly loud these days. Everyone who owns motorbike cannot have a dog then?

Some people will want to ban dog owners from eating hot curries next... :wink:

• Like 1

It's a regular occurance in.my back garden. Isn't it in everyone's

I remember her that age, what year was it Gem?

2005. She will be ten years old in June. :neutral:

......foreverblue....... Don't see what the problem is, the dog owner is the best judge whether it is a safe environment for their dog or not, if the dog is highly strung and gets easily frightened by noise then the owner wouldn't take it with them would they.

Summed up exactly and that's why it annoys me when people generalize about dogs because they are not all the same and the owner knows them best. Mine have always been taken to the speedway at 9 or 10 weeks old and have never shown any fear of the noise. If they had I wouldn't have taken them again. The hoover is another thing entirely though and is really scary. Lucy always shoots upstairs out of the way when that comes out. :lol: Strange how she can stand next to the starting gate at Buxton with bikes revving up and take no notice but she's scared of the hoover.

Edited by Gemini

Robert72, you are barking! ;)

Well, at least this subject has taken his mind off the Leicester track for a change. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1