British Speedway Forum
barrow boy

Lakeside V Leicester Elite League 27.03.15

Ben Barker is standing in for Michel Michelsen

Ben Barker is standing in for Michel Michelsen

A very good guest!

Is Doyle also missing for this meeting due to practice for best pairs or is he missing it?

Is Doyle also missing for this meeting due to practice for best pairs or is he missing it?

The Hammers' website has Doyle down as riding.

Adam Ellis had a much better night for Birmingham last night, so hopefully that's given him a bit of a boost for tomorrow's meeting.

We'll need AJ up to speed to deal with Doyle - hopefully he's feeling better!

Lakeside's website lists their top 5 as AJ, MBJ, KN, EK,RL.

I presume this is not the riding order as MBJ must be the second highest average.

Lakeside's website lists their top 5 as AJ, MBJ, KN, EK,RL.

I presume this is not the riding order as MBJ must be the second highest average.

Correct - the order is likely to be:

AJ

KN

MB

EK

RL

Think this will be tight, with either team winning by no more than 8 points, but hoping for a first Lions Elite away win on the road.

I thought it was...

LOL

OMG

PMSL

WTF

BRB

No mate, they all ride in the National League. ;) Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 2

First Raceday Weather Check 10am:

It's fine, bright and sunny here just across the south side of the Dartford crossing and today's forecast from the Met Office states it's going to be dry all day with NO hint of rain whatsoever and temperatures around 10C all day.

Further update at lunchtime but NO weather problems anticipated as the Vortex Lakeside Hammers go flat out to tame those Lions from Leicester.

First Raceday Weather Check 10am:

It's fine, bright and sunny here just across the south side of the Dartford crossing and today's forecast from the Met Office states it's going to be dry all day with NO hint of rain whatsoever and temperatures around 10C all day.

Further update at lunchtime but NO weather problems anticipated as the Vortex Lakeside Hammers go flat out to tame those Lions from Leicester.

Good to hear Bryn!

Ridiculous that i am going to watch Rye House at Peterborough and we are minus one of our Assets (Edward Kennett) simply as he is needed to prop up an EL club. Complete disrespect for the PL which is being runined by EL clubs inability to have their own riders. Beggars belief.

Ridiculous that i am going to watch Rye House at Peterborough and we are minus one of our Assets (Edward Kennett) simply as he is needed to prop up an EL club. Complete disrespect for the PL which is being runined by EL clubs inability to have their own riders. Beggars belief.

But at the time that he signed to ride for Lakeside he wasn't your asset, he was on loan at both clubs. Len's statement made it sound like it is Eddie's preference, mostly from a financial perspective - at least that's how I read it:

"As it did not affect very many fixtures, and with the riders interests at heart, Rye House were happy with the arrangement. Suddenly the picture was changed when a swap with Jason Garrity would have given Rye House official priority and Edward would have lost his place ( and substantial income) from Lakeside.

So to keep faith and uphold my prior agreement with both Edward and Lakeside, the new contract and transfer agreement was delivered to the BSPA after the official start to the season, thus giving Lakeside the priority that was previously agreed."

It is very frustrating for any fan / club to be missing a rider - in many ways I'm not a fan of riders doubling up between leagues. Haven't rules been brought in to reduce long term doubling up within the next couple of seasons?

Edited by Mjolnir

The statement regarding the Ed Kennett situation:-

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/edward-kennett-statement/

• Like 1