British Speedway Forum
ellioth4

Redcar V Workington A66 Trophy - Thurs 26/03 - 7:30pm

First meeting of the season for both Clubs. Preview of tomorrow's meeting

Redcar Bears: 1. Lasse Bjerre, 2. Hugh Skidmore, 3. Matej Kus, 4. Jan Graversen, 5. Stuart Robson, 6. Rafal Konopka, 7. Ben Morley

Workington Comets: 1. R/R for Kenneth Hansen, 2. Ricky Wells, 3. Rene Bach, 4. Rusty Harrison, 5. Kyle Howarth, 6. Nicki Barrett, 7. Nathan Greaves

News regarding Rider Replacement for Kenneth Hansen

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message, remembering to include your mobile number.

Thanks

For anyone coming over to watch this challenge, it has rained for four or so hours during the night, it has now cleared up and the sun is shining, with the forecast for the rest of the day being good, but cold tonight.

• Like 1

For anyone coming over to watch this challenge, it has rained for four or so hours during the night, it has now cleared up and the sun is shining, with the forecast for the rest of the day being good, but cold tonight.

and for those who don't know our area - that means bloody freezing!! Wrap up well!

You going, young man ?

If so, I'll see you there.

and for those who don't know our area - that means bloody freezing!! Wrap up well!

You can say that again.

There will be updates on this match in the usual place.

Should be an interesting meeting - although as others have said it will be freezing!

Teams look quite evenly matched for me - decent top ends with perhaps slightly weaker tails. Whichever set of reserves has the best night may decide t he meeting. Reasonably optimistic of a Bears win in this, but it will be close.

Main thing for me is some track time, and all riders to get through the meeting safely.

• Like 1

hansen has the all clear. but could/will miss this meeting..

congratulations on your PAID MAX. well done Kenneth Kruse Hansen . keep it going, wherever you are.

Should be an interesting meeting - although as others have said it will be freezing!

Teams look quite evenly matched for me - decent top ends with perhaps slightly weaker tails. Whichever set of reserves has the best night may decide t he meeting. Reasonably optimistic of a Bears win in this, but it will be close.

Main thing for me is some track time, and all riders to get through the meeting safely.

Well could not have got that post any more wrong!

Firstly, hope Robbo is ok. Seemed to take a hell of an impact.

I know it was only a challenge, but a worrying start. Fair to play to Worky, they started the meeting on fire and never let up. Bach is always good value round here but impressed with Wells and thought Barrett had a good meeting too.

Our tail looked very very long. Graversen and Skidmore both very poor, which then put the pressure on the reserves to score points. Konopka looked improved on last year, but Morley looked slow. Way too early to write anybody off just yet, but can't have too many more meetings like that.

On the positive side, both Bjerre and Kus did look good. Bjerre especially looked quick and was trying every possible line to pass people. With a fit Robbo should be a decent top 3.

Couple of cracking races late on warmed up a freezing cold night on Teesside. Workington were pretty impressive even allowing for how disappointing Redcar were and I don't think they had a weak link.

Concerns for the Bears, though. They do have a long tail, with Morley trying hard but losing yards at the starts, Konopka no better than last season and Graversen out of his depth anywhere but reserve. Skiddy will be better than that, but the question is will those three ?

Dreadful crash, with Robbo shedding a chain and falling and Konopka going straight over him. Good to hear no bones broken and hopefully the suspected concussion is not as bad as first thought.

• Like 1