British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Rye House Plc Friday 27th March

It's still Saddlebow Road to some of us....

Yes, I imagine it is ;) That's before my time, hahaha! :P It's always been Norfolk Arena to me. It's hard to stop myself saying it with this new stadium naming thing going on.

Yes, I imagine it is ;) That's before my time, hahaha! :P It's always been Norfolk Arena to me. It's hard to stop myself saying it with this new stadium naming thing going on.

Wait until Rye House Stadium becomes the Restart Arena

Well, the Rockets have restarted on a big high this year. Very impressive i must say...

It's still Saddlebow Road to some of us....

it will always be compost corner to some of us! wink
  • Like 1

Well, the Rockets have restarted on a big high this year. Very impressive i must say...

It's a little too early to get too excited, but there's definitely a buzz around the place now. Even the new owner is walking around with a smile on his boat.

Thinking back to this time last year and the doom and gloom around the place it's a good feeling, even after 3 wins on the trot.

• Like 1

What?!?! :o Are you messing or being serious? And Glasgow have a got a renaming thing going on too haven't they? It's a good thing, but as I say, I'm finding it hard to ditch the old stadium names :lol:

The Rye House side looks good. Could well surprise this year. I like the likes of Robin Aspegren and Anders Mellegren (thinking back to the Newport days) but Kasper Lykke and Nicolaj Busk Jakobsen look good. Never seen either of them ride before Friday. I actually wasn't going to bother going to the meeting as I didn't think Rye House would give Peterborough much bother but I was proven very very wrong and although I do want Peterborough to start winning their home meetings, I'm glad I went just to see these new faces (well new to me anyway)! I don't know whether to dare to go to Rye House on Easter Monday for part two of this... I've not been to Rye House since 2010 and swore I wouldn't go back anymore after that season :rofl: Hmm!

What?!?! :o Are you messing or being serious? And Glasgow have a got a renaming thing going on too haven't they? It's a good thing, but as I say, I'm finding it hard to ditch the old stadium names :lol:

The Rye House side looks good. Could well surprise this year. I like the likes of Robin Aspegren and Anders Mellegren (thinking back to the Newport days) but Kasper Lykke and Nicolaj Busk Jakobsen look good. Never seen either of them ride before Friday. I actually wasn't going to bother going to the meeting as I didn't think Rye House would give Peterborough much bother but I was proven very very wrong and although I do want Peterborough to start winning their home meetings, I'm glad I went just to see these new faces (well new to me anyway)! I don't know whether to dare to go to Rye House on Easter Monday for part two of this... I've not been to Rye House since 2010 and swore I wouldn't go back anymore after that season :rofl: Hmm!

That's just a feeling I have. The new owner has plans to use the stadium as a multi motor sport venue.

Be warned, the BH Monday fixture is a PL/NL double header with £20 adult admission

That's just a feeling I have. The new owner has plans to use the stadium as a multi motor sport venue.

Be warned, the BH Monday fixture is a PL/NL double header with £20 adult admission

Interesting. Well, I hope it works out if that is the plan! I had seen the NL fixture mentioned on the Rye House website. I pay £17 for one EL meeting at Lynn now, so looking at it that way, £20 for two meetings ain't bad really. Although...I imagine not everyone will want to stay for the NL fixture so may not be prepared to pay that price. I'll bear that in mind whilst I'm making a decision.

That's hardly expensive these daye

That's hardly expensive these daye

I agree, but the previous poster isn't a Rye House fan and would possibly not know it was a DH meeting. I was just being informative, not trying to put people off going. The more the merrier!! :D

I agree, but the previous poster isn't a Rye House fan and would possibly not know it was a DH meeting. I was just being informative, not trying to put people off going. The more the merrier!! :D

I'm glad you said anyway! Least I know the state of play.

It was always possible, with the injury prone Allen and roynon

Allen will always be injury prone, it's the way he rides.