British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitar_art

Stoke Potters V Birmingham Brummies 29th March (ch)

Atkin for Ellis means it has to be a home win for me, home Track advantage will count for more against inexperienced Teams, and Brum have 3 riders making their debuts a Loomer road, Adam Ellis would have been pretty nigh unbeatable and though Tony is very experienced around Loomer he doesnt fully compensate for The Leagues best rider. So Im thinking somewhere in the region of a 50 - 40 to 55-35 win for the Potters, but it will be good experience for the Brum riders.

Atkin guests for Ellis. Otherwise teams are full strength.

Where's Ellis riding?

Honestly, I think this will be an interesting test for Stoke. Our top 2 is capable of holding their own against anyone, while our middle order is relatively strong in comparison to other teams. A lot will depend on how our reserves go, but there is a good chance Stoke could hit 50+.

More importantly, I just want everyone to get out of the meeting safely! It's a challenge with nothing at stake. Get the bikes sorted, blow off the cobwebs and prepare for the next 9 months!

Looking forward to this early test for the Potters. However, heavy rain showers are predicted for the Newcastle under Lyme area tomorrow.

STOKE: Jon Armstrong, Chris Widman, Ryan Terry-Daley, Danny Phillips, Lee Payne, Ryan MacDonald, Shaun Tedham.

SURESTOP BRUMMIES: Tony Atkin, Adam Kirby, Sam Chapman, Harvie Banks, Tom Perry, Zach Wajtknecht, Alex Wilson.

Should have had Jon Armstrong in the Brummies team this year. It's always good to have at least one rider that's at an age that the Brummies supporters can relate to.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think this will be an interesting test for Stoke. Our top 2 is capable of holding their own against anyone, while our middle order is relatively strong in comparison to other teams. A lot will depend on how our reserves go, but there is a good chance Stoke could hit 50+.

More importantly, I just want everyone to get out of the meeting safely! It's a challenge with nothing at stake. Get the bikes sorted, blow off the cobwebs and prepare for the next 9 months!

9 months ???

9 months ???

It's the British weather. I reckon we can squeeze a meeting in in November ;)

BIRMINGHAM'S M6 Cup clash at Stoke's Loomer Road circuit on Sunday afternoon has been postponed late on Saturday afternoon.

With rain throughout the day at the Loomer road circuit and more to follow overnight and more tomorrow morning forecast the Stoke promotion have decided to make an early decision so as not to inconvenience supporters, riders and management of both clubs.

Share This: Facebook Twitter