British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Plymouth 3/4/15.

He didn't seem quick enough though for a no.1. Even on his first bike, he seemed a bit sluggish against the top pairing.

He had Worrall and Wright easily beaten and to be fair I don't think many will come to the OTA and beat messers Grajczonek and Kurtz. First meeting of the season so we'll see. I'm not convinced he is the Fish of old though.

I'd hardly say he couldn't get going all night, he was a decent 2nd to Josh in heat 1 and was comfortably in front and looking quick in his second before his engine went bang. On his second bike I'd agree he wasn't anywhere near as quick.

I thought Somerset showed yet again how strong they are at the top end. In the pre-season I wondered if they would be a top 4 team given the septet they were tracking but with Kurtz, Grajczonek, Worrall and Wright up top they will take some beating. However if Starke has an off night I still think you may be vulnerable.

From a Devils point of view, well the scorecard probably does do it justice although I still find it unbelievable how many jump starts you lot don't get pulled back on at your own track.

Lanham 13 points at Rye.

He had Worrall and Wright easily beaten and to be fair I don't think many will come to the OTA and beat messers Grajczonek and Kurtz. First meeting of the season so we'll see. I'm not convinced he is the Fish of old though.

That was bad luck to be honest. He was flying but he looked sluggish compared to his old self.

I'd hardly say he couldn't get going all night, he was a decent 2nd to Josh in heat 1 and was comfortably in front and looking quick in his second before his engine went bang. On his second bike I'd agree he wasn't anywhere near as quick.

I thought Somerset showed yet again how strong they are at the top end. In the pre-season I wondered if they would be a top 4 team given the septet they were tracking but with Kurtz, Grajczonek, Worrall and Wright up top they will take some beating. However if Starke has an off night I still think you may be vulnerable.

From a Devils point of view, well the scorecard probably does do it justice although I still find it unbelievable how many jump starts you lot don't get pulled back on at your own track.

I think the score card more than done Plymouth justice, who were pretty poor. Risager mixed it a couple of times and Simota looked half decent when he got out the gate, but Holder and Fisher both looked very uncomfortable and poor at best. Nielsen was poor as expected and Chapman as predicted before the season began is nowhere near premier league standard.

A more than convincing win for the Rebels, with as you quite rightly say the top 4 firing on all cyclinders, and both Starke and Lanham chipping in with valuable points.

Just back from the meeting, only my 5th visit to Plymouth, but thoroughly enjoyed it, good racing & nice to see such a good crowd. Thought Holder was excelent

Err think this post should be on the Plymouth Somerset thread which don't exist

Looking at the updates site it would appear that Bradys mechanical problems cost us tonight. Still a good point won shame it wasnt 3

Err think this post should be on the Plymouth Somerset thread which don't exist

Why do you say that ??

Well done Plymouth, good response.

I think the score card more than done Plymouth justice, who were pretty poor. Risager mixed it a couple of times and Simota looked half decent when he got out the gate, but Holder and Fisher both looked very uncomfortable and poor at best. Nielsen was poor as expected and Chapman as predicted before the season began is nowhere near premier league standard.

A more than convincing win for the Rebels, with as you quite rightly say the top 4 firing on all cyclinders, and both Starke and Lanham chipping in with valuable points.

I thought Holder looked like he had plenty of potential. Ok he had two poor rides (his first was because he penalised himself by moving at the start) but then in two of his other rides he showed he had fire in his belly by chasing Brady hard for the first lap before losing ground on the flying Aussie Rebel, but then also keeping Richie Worrall honest for all four laps.

• Like 1