BuxtonTiger

Buxton V Redcar 12/04/15

announced some names last night for Redcar side:

Rob Branford

Danny Phillips

Rob shuttleworth

Jade Mudgway

Stefan Farnaby

Don't think any others were announced, although would be surprised if Ben Basford is not in the side as well.

announced some names last night for Redcar side:

Rob Branford

Danny Phillips

Rob shuttleworth

Jade Mudgway

Stefan Farnaby

Don't think any others were announced, although would be surprised if Ben Basford is not in the side as well.

You're right, the sixth name is Ben Basford and final name is David Holt.

Looks like a big home win but more importantly valuable track time for youngsters. Also I understand a varied second half of at least 9 heats and various classes. So good to see the opportunities given.

If you are doing nothing on Sunday, go to Buxton and support the future.

Edited by BuxtonTiger

The 2015 Speedway season begins at Hi-Edge this Sunday 12th April with the visit of a Redcar Cubs select team led by Ex-Hitman favourite Jade Mudgway. Also in the visitors ranks are former riders Rob Branford and Stefan Farnaby who will be keen to do well on their return to the Dales.

The clash has added spice for Hitmen manager Jason Pipe who will be facing his old charges from the North-East ‘it will feel a bit strange as I'll be in the opposite corner for the first time and there will be one or 2 fans wondering if I'm going to be giving Redcar a bit of a chance?! But I can assure Buxton fans that I will be taking this meeting very seriously, like I will with all our meetings and I'll certainly have our lads fired up. It may be just a challenge in some peoples’ eyes but for me this is a 'must' win meeting, because I can't have my old club getting one over on me! Imagine the stick I would get on a Thursday night at Redcar if Redcar were to beat Buxton!!!’

The meeting is an opportunity for the Hitmen to put behind them the disappointment of the away defeat at Scunthorpe on Bank Holiday Monday when they went down by 11 points. A full strength home side should be a different proposition.

The meeting at Hi-Edge Raceway begins at 3.00pm.

The line-ups

Buxton Hitmen 1 Tony Atkin 8.14 © 2 Ryan Blacklock 4.55 3. 3.Tom Woolley 4.114 Adam Extance 5.08 5 Ben Hopwood 7.28 6 Cameron Hoskins 3.00 7 Paul Bowen 3.00 Team Manager: Jason Pipe

Redcar Cubs 1. Robert Branford 8.53 2. Rob Shuttleworth 3.75 3. Jade Mudgway 6.56 © 4. Kev Whelan 3.00 5. Danny Phillips 4.98 6, David Holt 3.00 7. Ben Basford 3.00 Team Manager: Barry Simpson

Edited by Jayne

Was going to travel to this but have just seen the forecast and it's not good for the afternoon in the Buxton area.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Still looking for a texter for this meeting. . can anyone help please?

Thanks

Meeting rained off just after start time. Readmission tickets valid for any meeting this season.

Edited by Jayne