British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V Poole Pirates 10th April 2015

Still think RR especially at home but let's see how it goes.

Have to agree. But concerning that Robson is still getting headaches. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Silly question here but what's happened to Robbo? Hope he's back on track soon.

He had a crash riding for Redcar the night before Bees first EL meeting. He had confusion and badly bruised his leg. However he is still getting headaches.

Credit to Robbo for pulling out though and being honest with himself, as easy to jump back on a bike.

• Like 1

Stefan Neilson guests in place of Starke

That's good news. Well, it is if you mean Stefan Nielsen who I saw at Peterborough on Monday. Nice, deep track then - well watered. :wink:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

That's good news. Well, it is if you mean Stefan Nielsen who I saw at Peterborough on Monday. Nice, deep track then - well watered. :wink:

You'll have starman on here moaning if you're not careful :D

I have seen a blixt version . on 1 of michael max's bikes . I believe these new ones are B.A.R so they will cost a fortune . Well at least until someone realises that the handlebar end is off a KTM mx bike . and the Poles quickly copy / find a suitable alternative slave cylinder .. maybe Brian should have got Briggo to put his name on them to ensure a monopoly , then He could have tripled the price .. anyway my son tried the one on Joonas' Bike and was impressed by how light and smooth it was . with any luck it should stop some of the returning to the pits gate for fannying around with adjustments .

They were a lot more consistent, and didn't need anywhere the constant adjustments of a cable based system. They were also far more resilient in the unfortunate case of an accident. Both Dennis & Henka also liked the feel of them compared to the cable systems, and over a lifetime would possibly of been a cheaper option than cable systems

Holder and North both confirmed as riding Friday.

Holder and North both confirmed as riding Friday.

They were always going to ride. There was no way Poole would turn up with 2 juniors at 1 and 3.

Should be a good close meeting and hopefully a good crowd.

You'll have starman on here moaning if you're not careful :D

No chance! Starman doesn't usually venture out of the safe confines of the Poole threads!!! ;)

• Like 2

This is going to be our toughest test at home. With Rory instead of Watt (who has either finished 3rd or last in his last couple of meetings at Brandon) it definitely strengthens the Pirates.

Big ask for Heeps against Poole on a track he doesn't know well. Robson is good at home.

Would love a bees win but my head says Poole will nick this one.

Expect a huge crowd

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1