British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Luke Bowen Takes A Break From Speedway

Right call I think. Who'll replace him? Rye applied for 28 day guest facility starting at Somerset this Friday.

One of the good guys in the sport, many thanks for all efforts over years.

Who to replace him ?

Bradley Wilson-Dean

Dan Halsey

Mark Owen

Just guessing ???

Edited by bolly
  • Like 2

how about Robert Banford? or Luke Chessel or even Kyle Hughes....

could all do a job I'd have thought depending upon averages!

Errr - you might find that Rob rides for Edinburgh!!

• Like 1

get your head out of the beano ,dont think m/bra will be too pleased in grabbing their reserve from them.

if you are patient, royno will be available in a few weeks time, or better still tofty. juggle a few averages around , you never know.

i went on holiday once, then had to take a break to get over the holiday.

Us Ipswich fans were happy with Lukes performance guesting for us on Friday, maybe he needs a change of scenery, a new challenge away from Rye. Good luck whatever you do Luke.

• Like 4

Obviously Brandford already signed for Edinburgh, Halsey too old?, Owen not a bad shout ditto Wilson Dean but feel he might need a little longer to settle?

Strong possibility Ollie Greenwood could be available soon or Dan Greenwood could also be worth considering?

An on form Bowen will be hard to replace with the points available to us.

Think Ayres is the next Silver asset in line for the Rockets but he needs a full year in the NL behind him first IMO.

Have a suspicion we'll go after Wilson-Dean, if he's good enough then he's ready. That being said he's only had two meetings over here so far, I remember a lot of Rockets fans were calling for Andrew Aldridge to be given a Rockets team spot after his first couple of Raiders meetings, his work permit prevented it luckily in the end because he turned out to be nothing more than a NL second string.

Owen and Shanes are probably the two standout NL riders without PL spots otherwise, either of those or Ayres would do me but it'd have to be on the fans understanding that they probably won't do much this season.

Halsey had a chance as a Rocket 7/8 odd years ago, wasn't good enough and hasn't really improved since, a no to him for me. Hughes needs to prove himself in the NL again while I think PL is too soon for Chessell.

All the best to Luke for the future whatever he decides, he has been a fantastic servant to our club and has always bounced back in spite of some horrific injuries over the years. Perhaps he will carry on as a Raider in future where his experience could be so very valuable in helping develop our own riders.

Edited by RocketBen1
  • Like 3

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE:::

::::::::

Bowen 747 Puts Racing on Hold
Hot on the heels of yesterday’s home defeat against Peterborough, the Restart Rockets have been hit by the news that Luke Bowen has decided to take time away from the sport.
The Bowen 747 had faced a difficult start to the new season, with an excellent paid 9 effort at Peterborough unfortunately offset by a combined score of 6 from his remaining three matches for the team.
Commenting on today’s shock news, team manager John Sampford has done his best to mix his obvious sadness with personal praise of a rider whose association with the club reaches back to 2002. “We are obviously disappointed that someone who has been such a backbone of Rye House for so long has decided to step away from racing, but we respect that decision. We can only thank Luke for all the service he has given over the years, and sincerely hope that we will see him back in the saddle again soon.”
In the meantime, Sampford will be applying for a 28 day guest facility to cover Bowen’s immediate absence which will kick in with Friday’s trip to Somerset and Saturday’s home encounter against Plymouth.

An on form Bowen will be hard to replace with the points available to us.

Think Ayres is the next Silver asset in line for the Rockets but he needs a full year in the NL behind him first IMO.

Have a suspicion we'll go after Wilson-Dean, if he's good enough then he's ready. That being said he's only had two meetings over here so far, I remember a lot of Rockets fans were calling for Andrew Aldridge to be given a Rockets team spot after his first couple of Raiders meetings, his work permit prevented it luckily in the end because he turned out to be nothing more than a NL second string.

Owen and Shanes are probably the two standout NL riders without PL spots otherwise, either of those or Ayres would do me but it'd have to be on the fans understanding that they probably won't do much this season.

Halsey had a chance as a Rocket 7/8 odd years ago, wasn't good enough and hasn't really improved since, a no to him for me. Hughes needs to prove himself in the NL again while I think PL is too soon for Chessell.

All the best to Luke for the future whatever he decides, he has been a fantastic servant to our club and has always bounced back in spite of some horrific injuries over the years. Perhaps he will carry on as a Raider in future where his experience could be so very valuable in helping develop our own riders.

Can't help wondering if Luke wouldn't have been better off taking the NL number 1 spot and sticking with that?

Great Rye servant but I wonder if lack of enjoyment is something to do with his decision.

As for who to fill the spot. James Shanes needs to conquer his gating gremlins before he can step up, Marc Owen isn't a terrible shout. Danny Ayres falls foul of the doubling up age restrictions for a full place but could be an interesting guest?

Danny Phillips perhaps?

Can't help wondering if Luke wouldn't have been better off taking the NL number 1 spot and sticking with that?

Great Rye servant but I wonder if lack of enjoyment is something to do with his decision.

As for who to fill the spot. James Shanes needs to conquer his gating gremlins before he can step up, Marc Owen isn't a terrible shout. Danny Ayres falls foul of the doubling up age restrictions for a full place but could be an interesting guest?

Danny Phillips perhaps?

Phillips is Peterborough's number 8.

Phillips is Peterborough's number 8.

if theres a permanent pl spot i cant see him hanging around waiting in the wings for a peterborough place though...

Edited by therefused
  • Like 1