British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Crayford Reunion 13/4/2015

Not that I feel compelled to justify myself to you TWK or Mr Hyam, but Moggo was asked from my point of view, an email being sent to each of the two addresses in my possession. And if you read the first post on this thread, that is self-explanatory so am therefore happy enough with my efforts given the short period of time I had to work with after being asked to help. Several ex-Crayford stalwarts who were contacted in addition to those who attended, responded that they couldn't be present for a variety of reasons. Finally, before anybody asks, I feel sure I would have contacted 'Trap 1' if firstly I knew who he was and secondly had contact details.

Edited by Bryn

That was the impression I got from Moggo's Post. I think anyone else would draw the same conclusion I did. It may be unpalatable to you Parsloes but I defy you to put any other slant on Moggo's comment. (See above)

There may have been some crossed wires somewhere - but - that is not the way the Post reads. The Forum is for comment. I merely commented.

Hmm, and the 'slant' I got on yours and gustix's comments was, you had no idea about the facts but you'd like to cause trouble anyhow!!

Not that I feel compelled to justify myself to you TWK or Mr Hyam, but Moggo was asked from my point of view, an email being sent to each of the two addresses in my possession. And if you read the first post on this thread, that is self-explanatory so am therefore happy enough with my efforts given the short period of time I had to work with after being asked to help. Several ex-Crayford stalwarts who were contacted in addition to those who attended, responded that they couldn't be present for a variety of reasons. Finally, before anybody asks, I feel sure I would have contacted 'Trap 1' if firstly I knew who he was and secondly had contact details.

Yore quite right Bryn - you most certainly do not have to justify yourself to me,nor would I want you to. I only replied to Parsloes' Post that I was sad that someone like Moggo was missed and that it didn't look good.

I apologise if I have offended either you or Parsloes, however, in defense of my Posts I just felt sorry that both Trap 1 and Moggo seemed to be left out. I always 'phoned people as regards the Sunderland Reunions - that way I knew that they had got the message.

Hmm, and the 'slant' I got on yours and gustix's comments was, you had no idea about the facts but you'd like to cause trouble anyhow!!

You seem to have a very jaundiced attitude to anyone who disagrees with you Parsloes. I think you need to 'chill out'. No trouble intended I assure you.

• Like 1

Don't want to cause any trouble here,but i'd think the task of organising a Sunderland and a Crayford reunion are quite different given the number of years each track staged speedway.Kevin Teager I think lives in Germany now.He seems to ride a fair number of grasstrack events here.

Don't want to cause any trouble here,but i'd think the task of organising a Sunderland and a Crayford reunion are quite different given the number of years each track staged speedway.Kevin Teager I think lives in Germany now.He seems to ride a fair number of grasstrack events here.

I quite agree - but we invited loads of Riders from other visiting Tracks who rode at Sunderland as well as others who never rode at Sunderland at all. Some First Division Riders have attended in the past and every single one of them was contacted by Telephone.

Remember, visiting Riders are as important as your Home Riders - for without them you would have no Speedway in the first place.

Basically - I am not trying to cause trouble - mainly trying to point out that if you actually speak to someone - it is far and away the most reliable way to get your message across. I would suggest that this is proved by the Posts of both Moggo and Trap 1.

I quite agree - but we invited loads of Riders from other visiting Tracks who rode at Sunderland as well as others who never rode at Sunderland at all. Some First Division Riders have attended in the past and every single one of them was contacted by Telephone.

Remember, visiting Riders are as important as your Home Riders - for without them you would have no Speedway in the first place.

Basically - I am not trying to cause trouble - mainly trying to point out that if you actually speak to someone - it is far and away the most reliable way to get your message across. I would suggest that this is proved by the Posts of both Moggo and Trap 1.

And don't you think given that you are "not trying to cause trouble" TWK, that I WOULD have spoken to Moggo as I did several other ex-Crayford riders, IF I had a phone number for him and as I said I don't know who "Trap 1' is let alone have any phone number or any other contact details for him.

Edited by Bryn

And don't you think given that you are "not trying to cause trouble" TWK, that I WOULD have spoken to Moggo as I did several other ex-Crayford riders, IF I had a phone number for him and as I said I don't know who "Trap 1' is let alone have any phone number or any other contact details for him.

I had to search for contact numbers using various means. It took me a very long time. I got help from other Riders and good folk within the Sport, to whom I will be forever grateful. Perhaps one of the Riders that you had already invited would have had Moggo's Telephone Number. That would have been a possible route for you.

As I already said - I was unsuccessful with Alan Mackie.

I am not trying to have a go here.

Anyway - as I seem to be unintentionally causing trouble - I shall withdraw from this Thread.

EDIT: I genuinely hope that you have a very successful Reunion.

Edited by The White Knight

I had to search for contact numbers using various means. It took me a very long time. I got help from other Riders and good folk within the Sport, to whom I will be forever grateful. Perhaps one of the Riders that you had already invited would have had Moggo's Telephone Number. That would have been a possible route for you.

As I already said - I was unsuccessful with Alan Mackie.

I am not trying to have a go here.

Anyway - as I seem to be unintentionally causing trouble - I shall withdraw from this Thread.

EDIT: I genuinely hope that you have a very successful Reunion. ***

*** - You're a bit behind TWK as the reunion has been and gone and was very successful given the short period of time given to arrange same. End of thread? It is as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Bryn

*** - You're a bit behind TWK as the reunion has been and gone and was very successful given the short period of time given to arrange same. End of thread? It is as far as I'm concerned.

I apologise Bryn and I am very pleased indeed that it was a successful Reunion.

I apologise Bryn and I am very pleased indeed that it was a successful Reunion.

No worries as my Aussie mates would say TWK, and as I suggested earlier end of thread methinks.

• Like 1