British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Buck

Birmingham V Rye House 15th April

Birmingham will be without the injured Sam Chapman and will also be without Adam Ellis due to a family bereavement, for this Wednesday's visit of Rye House. Dan Greenwood who had an excellent meeting for Coventry in last week's match against Cradley Heath at Perry Barr, and will use rider-replacement for Chapman.

Sounded a nasty injury for Sam - wishing him a speedy recovery. Best wishes also to Adam at this difficult time.

• Like 1

Dan greenwood is getting in the laps at loads of track recently! He's a good replacements!

• Like 1

1 Be interesting to see how many fans turn out. Assuming that the Cradley fans don't come (but some will, maybe?) and it's just Brummies fans there, it will give a decent wet finger in the air test for what support the Brummies actually have, and will be a benchmark for what to exceed by the end of the season.

2. Riders are missing. Can't be helped. It'll happen again and again throughout the season. Maybe getting too tied into any one rider may not be a good idea.

3. Let's see if those remaining riders can conjour up some decent racing. If 1 in 3 heats is a decent race I'll be happy with that. It needs a ratio like that to create the right impression with whatever newcomers turn up to stand a chance of converting them into long-time fans.

4. On the subject of newcomers, I don't see much going on to attract a new crowd in...or am I missing something?

5. Hope that the Brummies can win this for Adam Ellis.

This would have given a good guide to Brums season, but with 2 riders missing it wont now be such a good form line, however i do believe this meeting could well be won by The Brummies reserve strength which i expect to be to strong for RH, however i do think the Top 4 of the Raiders could win this if they are ALL firing, Rob Branford should be to good for the Brummies, Luke Chessell when he gates takes some beating, Luke Priest & Kyle Hughes are experienced NL riders who on there day can score double points 50 - 40 to Brum but it wouldnt be a surprise to see RH take a point.

It will be interesting to see what the size of the crowd will be, Im pretty sure some Cradley fans will be there, after all Tom Perry and Luke Chessell were both past Cradley riders, and the weather forecast couldnt be better.

Looking forward to a cracking first national league meeting for Brummies of the season. Glorious weather too. I'm predicting Brummies will win this evening.

Team Line-Ups

Birmingham Brummies - 1. Dan Greenwood (Guest), 2. Adam Kirby, 3. R/R for Sam Chapman, 4. Harvie Banks, 5. Tom Perry, 6.Zach Wajtknecht, 7. Alex Wilson.

Rye House Rockets - 1. Rob Branford, 2. Sam Woods, 3. Luke Priest, 4. Luke Chessell, 5. Kyle Hughes, 6. Danyon Hume, 7. Alfie Botwell.

Updates are been provided by Mini Jack and Me this evening.

Good guest booking but cant see R/R getting close to the 6-8 Chapman would have. Think that will prove the major difference and offer up a vital away win for the Raiders.

Good guest booking but cant see R/R getting close to the 6-8 Chapman would have. Think that will prove the major difference and offer up a vital away win for the Raiders.

You really don't like Birmingham do you--every post you make is negative about us---hey ho!

Really enjoyed tonight .. Most importantly Adam Kirby done the celebration lap so glad to he's ok hope Luke priest is ok too ...

Thank you dan greenwood put in an excellent performance ...rob Branford was awesome for rye house should have a real good season for them . But the difference this Evening was the reserve riders alex Wilson and zach wajknecht awesome riding both were so competitive and in the 12 races between had zero 4th places I know your gonna say a lot fell for rye house but that's speedway ..

All in all I'm pleased with tonight tom perry will find the ben barker line soon he's looking for it enough .. Sam going to be out for at least 2-3 months we need to get a replacement in short term he must 100% return when fit though .poor crowd I thought but just delighted to see the big B flying round a track in birmingham

Well done Brummies, a close meeting but glad we pulled off the win. Impressed with Zach and Alex at reserve and Greenwood proved to be a great choice of guest. Perry always giving it plenty of effort riding the Ben Barker line.

A shame the Raiders missed out, Branford is class act in this league. Would be interesting to have seen him and Ellis in a race. Best wishes to Luke Priest, withdrew with a hand injury after a terrible crash in heat 12. Kirby fell going into bend 3 and Priest had nowhere to go and rode into him, sending him into the fence.

So a bit unlucky that Rye House got nothing from this when at one point they could have won it.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Its the Jason Lyons line! ;) Hence why Tom wears similar kevs, perhaps! Liking the NL a lot. Crowd level tonight was I think better than at EL and if they can be sustained at tonights level hopefully all will be ok.

First of all i hope Luke Priest is ok he's had enough bad luck with crashes and this was no way his fault--Rye were a little unlucky but no one feels sorry for us when we are. Zach was my rider of the night as for crowd level i thought it was ok a guy who was at a Rye House PL meeting said there was more tonight than there was for that match so can't be that bad.