British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Full List Of Sky Sports Live Speedway 2015

I think what it is for me mate is Sky seem to lack interest in Speedway now meetings have been far between used to like watching a meeting every Monday night guess I am disappointing.

I completely agree. Seems to have hardly been any meetings this year.

Eurosport seem to have more interest in Speedway and the coverage is good so I really hope they could take on the meetings.

Eurosport seem to have more interest in Speedway and the coverage is good so I really hope they could take on the meetings.

This is the Eurosport that has a contract for weekly live Swedish League racing and has managed to find time to show about four live meetings so far since May?

This is the same Eurosport that showed after-meeting chat from a bike racing event rather than the first few heats of one of their own European Championship meetings?

This is the same Eurosport that relegated DGP and SWC events to Quest and failed to show the rearranged SWC Final live?

They may have the deals at the moment but their scheduling is chaotic.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1

This is the Eurosport that has a contract for weekly live Swedish League racing and has managed to find time to show about four live meetings so far since May?

This is the same Eurosport that showed after-meeting chat from a bike racing event rather than the first few heats of one of their own European Championship meetings?

This is the same Eurosport that relegated DGP and SWC events to Quest and failed to show the rearranged SWC Final live?

They may have the deals at the moment but their scheduling is chaotic.

The fact that speedway live or otherwise has been on Tuesdays is still better than the efforts of Sky this season. However it appears that most forms of 'oval racing' are suffering a decline in spectator interest. Watching Motors TV, the numbers watching stock cars, hot rods and bangers at Ipswich and other raceways were woeful. Is this a sign that however scarce the coverage is,people would rather sit at home and watch highlights or the odd live TV meeting than attend a live oval motor sport event

Anyone who thinks Eurosport are better than Sky Sports is barmy!

For a start Eurosport don't do their own filming. I'm not sure re-run videos are capable of filming a production for Eurosport!!

Anyone who thinks Eurosport are better than Sky Sports is barmy!

For a start Eurosport don't do their own filming. I'm not sure re-run videos are capable of filming a production for Eurosport!!

SKY has been very spasmodic this Season though.

Is it an indication that they are losing interest in Speedway, along with the fact that they have already ditched the GPs. Could the same thing happen as regards the League.

I am well aware that Eurosport couldn't do it.

How about the BBC/ITV - they hardly have any Sport left nowadays - they might take a punt on Speedway to fill up their schedules. Then again - perhaps not. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think what it is for me mate is Sky seem to lack interest in Speedway now meetings have been far between used to like watching a meeting every Monday night guess I am disappointing.

Same here, Sky coverage this year seems more like a "Sky fill-in" programme now, no continuity at all, and sky have moved there trucks when rain has been a problem in the past, remember most of the country being wet one Monday, except for the west Midlands and they moved cameras to wolves the same day!! A long while ago that was though, 2007/2008 ish??

• Like 1

The coverage is like the sport, passed its sell by date. It is going to take someone special/something special to turn around domestic racing to make it an exciting product for general viewing. GPs will survive and a few individual events plus those leagues that feature top riders but everything else will become an inferior product and will Not justify the airtime. For fans to get a fix, streaming will eventually be the only option unless someone with pots of money wants to start a channel of satellite devoted to two whelel sport and includes regular speedway. Perhaps a subscription channel may work

• Like 1

Same here, Sky coverage this year seems more like a "Sky fill-in" programme now, no continuity at all, and sky have moved there trucks when rain has been a problem in the past, remember most of the country being wet one Monday, except for the west Midlands and they moved cameras to wolves the same day!! A long while ago that was though, 2007/2008 ish??

Because speedways level is that of "filler". We can't compete with most other sports so have to take what we can get.

Meetings schedule

Aug 19th Poole - Swindon

Aug 31st BV - Wolves

Sep 2nd Cov - Swindon

Sep 14th Playoffs

Sep 21st Playoffs

Sep 28th Final

Sep 30th Final

How can sky have the second leg of the final on a wed as Swindon cannot race on a wed due to dog racing.

Edited by A ORLOV