British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Belle Vue V Coventry Mon 20th April

Crowd were very subdued from the first heat when Zagar tailed off...

The chap on the mike did absolutely nothing to help the atmosphere one jot. Cringed every time he opened his mouth, especially re his faux pas with Natalie...Why do promotions ask people who aren't speedway savvy to do this?..

Memories of Leicester's opening night came flooding back..

Edited by Mike.Butler

If this is the team that BV are planning to take to the new stadium next year I think they may as well stay at the dogtrack. :mad:

Well they are coming to Belle Vue 3 times in the next couple of months.

Lets hope that BV can get a guest in for Zagar :wink:

• Like 1

The chap on the mike did absolutely nothing to help the atmosphere one jot. Cringed every time he opened his mouth, especially re his faux pas with Natalie...Why do promotions ask people who aren't speedway savvy to do this?..

I was on the 3/4 bend and I did think after the first race there was a great hush around the stadium. the Aces bloke near us said he had booked seats on Aces away trips and they had been cancelled due to lack of bums on seats....

Have to say Harris looks a much better rider this year and on current form you have the best team but when a number one has such a bad night like Hans did at Coventry against us then it makes it almost impossible

I think Harris has changed tuner and gone with Brian Andersen, he seems a lot quicker this year.

• Like 2

I think Harris has changed tuner and gone with Brian Andersen, he seems a lot quicker this year.

I remember saying back in 2007 that Harris was IMO, one of, if not the faster rider in the World over 3.99 laps (sadly his first 0.01 was a bit pants) then he started changing things and was never as fast again. Now he has gone back to his 2007 set up/team and it seems to be working :)

His interview with Natalie was 'pure Partridge', it was just missing a "A-HAAAAAAAA!" at the end..

Still, at least he gave it go, sadly for him though it was the only bit of his night we heard due to the (as usual) crap radio Mic....

I think he did say that he spent many years on the other side of the fence, which did surprise me given he didnt seem to know much about the riders...

Still, once again, we were royally entertained by our old favourite, and a 'must have' fayre at all good speedway tracks, the 'K-Tel Hits of the 70's'..

"Everybody now, A one, A two, A one, two, three, four, Friday nights and the lights are low. Looking out for the place to go"

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Yet again another Good Belle Vue team on paper that rides well below what it should be doing ...just can't put my finger on why it keeps happening

For me it points to something within the infrastructure of the club that isn't right, for teams and riders to consistently perform below their best when pulling on the Aces bib is not just coincidence. Perhaps its within the management structure? If so a new stadium will not rectify it as the problem will just be transferred to our new home. There really appears to be something wrong deep seated within the club.

For me it points to something within the infrastructure of the club that isn't right, for teams and riders to consistently perform below their best when pulling on the Aces bib is not just coincidence. Perhaps its within the management structure? If so a new stadium will not rectify it as the problem will just be transferred to our new home. There really appears to be something wrong deep seated within the club.

It seems to me all riders joining BV seem to regard it as a cushy, soft touch. We have had Harris, Anderson, PK, and several others who have joined BV and flopped. I agree that there certainly seems to be something wrong in the management set-up. I cannot imagine for one moment that the new stadium will change the situation. :sad:

If I can draw just one consoling thought from last nights humiliation it's this.

2010 Coventry were in the same position Belle Vue are now, yet still won the league.. Won't happen but may appease me till Friday night :lol:

If I can draw just one consoling thought from last nights humiliation it's this.

2010 Coventry were in the same position Belle Vue are now, yet still won the league.. Won't happen but may appease me till Friday night :lol:

We had Rosco. You've got Lemon. We had Sandhu, you have Morton.

Yeah, I'm not sure you're really in the same position ;)

Sums it up very nicely. :t:

Ouch!!

Wouldn't worry too much Belle Vue fans, Coventry are going to give plenty of teams a mauling on the road this year - can see them doing the same to us at Lakeside 01/05

• Like 1

Although it might suggest anything is possible! ;)