British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Ipswich V Rye House 23.4.2015

A pub called the Golf is in Foxhall rd , I haven't eaten there recently but used to be ok . Also the Fish chips and mushy peas or beans for a fiver at the track is pretty good value .

It's actually really nice fish and chips at the track! But it won't interest Shads because the fish has skin on it :P

• Like 1

Shads - I will admit my knowledge on the sport has gone off the boil, still getting to know some of the riders across all leagues, was brought up on Speedway, then my old man retired only really got back into it back end of last year. I hope i am way off and there is some close exciting racing on Thursday

Don't disagree that we'll lose, but below 30 points?

Any locals know of a pub near the track that serves decent food and open all day?

As Super Blue says, the Golf is just around the corner from the stadium on Foxhall Road

http://www.johnbarras.com/pub/golf-hotel-ipswich/c1740/

If you like your fish n chips, I can highly recommend the "ultimate codfather", large cod fillet skinless and boneless so right up your street, scampi, chips and bread and butter white or brown.

The Golf is sound and definitely worth a try IMO.

Chris

If your going to the 'Golf', maybe have a go at the 32oz Big Lad Burger. Sounds right up your street. lol

and if you are in a drunken, burger fuelled state, you may not worry so much IF we are losing ))

Thanks for the info. As it happens, the Golfs menu is almost identical to that of the Rye House pub next to the track. On a weight loss drive for our hols in a few days, so fish & chips is a no no

Where do you sit when you come to Foxhall Shads ?

Myself and the Bald one are usually found in the back straight stand dead opposite the starting gate if you wish to venture round to say hello ?

Hope you're going somewhere nice and warm for your hols .

Where do you sit when you come to Foxhall Shads ?

Myself and the Bald one are usually found in the back straight stand dead opposite the starting gate if you wish to venture round to say hello ?

Hope you're going somewhere nice and warm for your hols .

Dead centre of bends 1 & 2 top of terrace. Going to Sharm (3rd year running)

There's a larger new covered disabled area there now but im sure you'll find somewhere close by to sit .

No Manzares he has a fractured shoulder blade.

He's hoping to be back on a bike in "a couple of weeks"

So a few days ago Gino was just battered and bruised with nothing broken , now he has a fractured shoulder blade . Did the secondary checkup find something the hospital missed ?

Looks like 6 v 6 on Thursday now , lets hope nobody else bites the dust !

Shame about Steve Boxall, a win for the witches but maybe not by the twenty odd most are expecting. Clearly the group will be decided at Plymouth and i can't see anything but all four points going to Ipswich. Still a chance for Rye as best second place team but i would be concerned more about a very dodgy start to the League season

Lakeside website states Steve Boxall hopes to be fit for Friday night so could ride on Thursday.

Lakeside website states Steve Boxall hopes to be fit for Friday night so could ride on Thursday.

I'll bet you he doesn't. Weigh it up from his point of view. Where would he earn more, Ipswich or Lakeside? That's just me being cynical Edited by Shads

I'll bet you he doesn't. Weigh it up from his point of view. Where would he earn more, Ipswich or Lakeside? That's just me being cynical

At Ipswich probably. Although the EDR was set up with the intention of advancing 'up and coming' young British riders, its real purpose was to cut costs in running the EL. I believe the EDR system sets a fairly low pay scale.

Not much activity for this as it's tonight , the weather is good and looking forward to it .

For me the rr situation for Gino and Steve Boxhall could be crucial , I see an awful lot more points coming the Witches way than Rye's from this so a reasonably comfortable home win should be on the cards .

Will we see Danny's first defeat at Foxhall I wonder ? It's got to happen some time I suppose but hopefully not tonight .