British Speedway Forum
mike1944

Sky Sports Speedway Intro Noise

At least Sky are ringing the changes!! The old 'intros' were just that, old.......and boring!!

Maybe if they are trying to reach a younger audience, they should show it - or something promotionally similar - on their other channels?!

Edited by Skidder1

At 20/20 cricket at Trent Bridge it was Beggin by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, time and time again, slightly revamped but not a huge 1960's hit!

Ice hockey tends to get the music right but then often it is short snatches when the play and clock stops for a few seconds.

I'm all for short snatches. :o :o :o;):P

At Poole years ago we used to have Fanfare for the common man by Emerson, Lake & Palmer at the teams made their way to the parade (At least it's better that most of the **** on BGT). That's a great tune unless I'm wrong. On the downside we had to endure Congratulations by Cliff Richard :-( .

For some strange reason we had the William Tell Overture as the riders came under starters orders for every heat.

I'm all for short snatches. :o :o :o;):P

Never picked you as a Bridget the midget fan twk. But I'm sure you just like her movies for the dialogue ;)

At Poole years ago we used to have Fanfare for the common man by Emerson, Lake & Palmer at the teams made their way to the parade (At least it's better that most of the **** on BGT). That's a great tune unless I'm wrong. On the downside we had to endure Congratulations by Cliff Richard :-( .

For some strange reason we had the William Tell Overture as the riders came under starters orders for every heat.

It was the Lone Ranger theme tune back in the '60s and synonymous with speed back then.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

It was the Lone Ranger theme tune back in the '60s and synonymous with speed back then.

'The William Tell Overture'. Gioachino Rossini.

Hi - Yo Silver!!!

• Like 2

"The theme music to The Lone Ranger is March of the Swiss Soldiers, the finale of Gioachino Rossini's William Tell Overture".

What are you up to today Kemosabe. ;):D

Yours Tonto. :t::rofl:

Been to Silver Mine (Bank) for money Tonto. :t:

Hi Yo Silver Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

SAY!!! Who was that masked man? :shock: :shock:

• Like 1

[quote name="The White Knight" post="2615975"

SAY!!! Who was that masked man? :shock: :shock:

It could be Matt Fords fault, but I'll blame Ansell, Hodder & Stewksbury!