British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Robins Vs.the Kings Lynn Stars

That average was achieved whilst riding in the GP's last year so any scores below are well below an expected showing from a GP standard rider.

You don't get averages do you? If a rider score 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 then he has a 7 point average. If a rider score 7 9 5 3 11 7 6 8 he has a 7 point average. If a 7 point rider scores 6 and has NOT scored "well below" anything other than some mythical, made up figure in your head. He has scored slightly below it, but the whole point of an average is that some times you'll be a bit below it and sometimes you'll be a bit above it. The trick in speedway is to as much as possible to be above it but the odd meeting below it is not the end of the World and has be be expected.

What is poor is scoring 2s and 3s and looking disinterested. I think we can all accept that from time to time a rider will have a bad meeting, what we cannot accept is that from time to time a rider will turn up and no give a damn. Its why Garrity could turn up at Kings Lynn on Wednesday for Coventry and score 1 or 2 but while we'll all be disappointed I doubt anyone will have a go at him because we know he will be busting his nuts of to score more. But there are some riders, you just can't be sure that is true of and it seems Bjerre is going through the motions at times this season according to those who see him. Contract his loss of form to Holders,most people are saying how sad that is because we can clearly see he is trying, it's just not working for him - but his determination to work through it should see him sort it out, while Bjerres giving up will only make things worse.

What I will say in Bjerre defence is even when he's riding at his best he looks like a man whos not trying, it's just his style.

You don't get averages do you? If a rider score 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 then he has a 7 point average. If a rider score 7 9 5 3 11 7 6 8 he has a 7 point average. If a 7 point rider scores 6 and has NOT scored "well below" anything other than some mythical, made up figure in your head. He has scored slightly below it, but the whole point of an average is that some times you'll be a bit below it and sometimes you'll be a bit above it. The trick in speedway is to as much as possible to be above it but the odd meeting below it is not the end of the World and has be be expected.

What is poor is scoring 2s and 3s and looking disinterested. I think we can all accept that from time to time a rider will have a bad meeting, what we cannot accept is that from time to time a rider will turn up and no give a damn. Its why Garrity could turn up at Kings Lynn on Wednesday for Coventry and score 1 or 2 but while we'll all be disappointed I doubt anyone will have a go at him because we know he will be busting his nuts of to score more. But there are some riders, you just can't be sure that is true of and it seems Bjerre is going through the motions at times this season according to those who see him. Contract his loss of form to Holders,most people are saying how sad that is because we can clearly see he is trying, it's just not working for him - but his determination to work through it should see him sort it out, while Bjerres giving up will only make things worse.

What I will say in Bjerre defence is even when he's riding at his best he looks like a man whos not trying, it's just his style.

The predictable and condescending type of reply I've not missed.

Bjerre and WOFFY both had mediocre British league campaigns last season so a 7 point average is not the standard expected of world class riders. So to be aiming to maintain that low standard is well beneath and is short changing the Stars team and supporters.

His away scores so far make dismal reading of 2,3, 3.

Bjerre is not a 7 point STANDARD rider.Feel free to argue the point, you usually do.

• Like 1

Bjerre last season was about a point worse than the likes of ward and zagar. I actually think that shows his average was about what you would expect in this format, whereas I agree you would expect woffy to average at least a point more.

Clearly his away form this season is very poor, but I don't think there are better options to replace him. Certainly you'd be better trying to find a six pointer to replace porsing than a 7 pointer to replace bjerre if you are wanting to strengthen.

• Like 1