British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Guest WTF1

What a very odd thing to say.

Personally - I believe that with him in our Great Britain Team we would stand a very good chance of making the Final.

Without him - NO CHANCE!!!

If people want British Speedway to go down the Toilet - then leave him out.

I really don't understand the logic of some people.

my point was that GB need Woffinden but unfortunately 1 man doesn't make a team as the USA have found out lately

I can see both sides of this argument as it is very disappointing that your country's number 1 rider doesn't want to race for an Elite league club here BUT, and like Kim Kardashian it is a very big BUT, it would be suicidal to go into the World Cup without Woffinden so should he ride for team GB, of course he should although with him in the team a final place would still be something of a surprise.

thats an unfair comment - the money on offer would have been far less than elsewhere. Some of you people need to get real these are professionals who do it for a living.

Why is this even being discussed? You really do have to question the sanity of people sometimes.

Woffy's absence from British speedway says more about the problems in British speedway than it does Woffy.

• Like 7

What a sad bunch some of you lot are.

Why should Woffy have to ride anywhere. It's his job and he does it for a living not charity.

Cries of he has turned his back on British Speedway but what about Scott Nicholls who refuses to ride for his country.

Has Scotty not turned his back on British Speedway?

Even Lee Richardson refused to ride for the Brit team so did he turn his back on British Speedway.

It's not a Black and White world and I would not criticise either Scott or Lee for what they did as I was not in their position.

Same applies to Woffy.

As Grachan said it says more about the state of Brit speedway than Woffy.

He did the country proud as world champion. And hopefully will win more.

Imagine what our SWC campaign would be like if he really was an Australian. :(

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 6

He Said he wants to win the world title again to help British speedway,yet he turned his back on the uk?

When he puts British speedway first then is the time to select him for the national team.

You don't half talk complete bollocks.

All the best

Rob

• Like 7

What a very odd thing to say.

Personally - I believe that with him in our Great Britain Team we would stand a very good chance of making the Final.

Without him - NO CHANCE!!!

If people want British Speedway to go down the Toilet - then leave him out.

I really don't understand the logic of some people.

Spot on WK...I find some of the negative views about Tai and Greg very odd indeed.

What a sad bunch some of you lot are.

Why should Woffy have to ride anywhere. It's his job and he does it for a living not charity.

Cries of he has turned his back on British Speedway but what about Scott Nicholls who refuses to ride for his country.

Has Scotty not turned his back on British Speedway?

Even Lee Richardson refused to ride for the Brit team so did he turn his back on British Speedway.

It's not a Black and White world and I would not criticise either Scott or Lee for what they did as I was not in their position.

Same applies to Woffy.

As Grachan said it says more about the state of Brit speedway than Woffy.

He did the country proud as world champion. And hopefully will win more.

Imagine what our SWC campaign would be like if he really was an Australian. :(

Well said.

my point was that GB need Woffinden but unfortunately 1 man doesn't make a team as the USA have found out lately

I wouldn't call us a 1 man team.

Chris Harris usually does well for GB, especially at Kings Lynn.

• Like 1

With BSI running/promoting the World Cup I don't see Scott as turning his back on GB, more the promoter ☺

Scores from last years World Cup event at King's Lynn. He was hardly a one man team.

1. Tai Woffinden - 1, 3, 3, 2, 3 = 12

2. Danny King - 3, 2, 2, 2, 2 = 11

3. Chris Harris - 2, 2, 1, 3, 3 = 11

4. Simon Stead - 3, 3, 2, 1, 1 = 10

Why is this even being discussed? You really do have to question the sanity of people sometimes.

Woffy's absence from British speedway says more about the problems in British speedway than it does Woffy.

Riding in Britian is Not a problem for other GP riders like Janowski,Zagar,NKI,Doyle,Batchelor,Holder,Johnson,Harris.

Its so funny those who don't think tai absence from british speedway matters but leaving him out of team GB does matter LOL

Riding in Britian is Not a problem for other GP riders like Janowski,Zagar,NKI,Doyle,Batchelor,Holder,Johnson,Harris.

Aah, but none of those riders have the single-minded determination that Woffy has to be world champion.

• Like 3

Scores from last years World Cup event at King's Lynn. He was hardly a one man team.

1. Tai Woffinden - 1, 3, 3, 2, 3 = 12

2. Danny King - 3, 2, 2, 2, 2 = 11

3. Chris Harris - 2, 2, 1, 3, 3 = 11

4. Simon Stead - 3, 3, 2, 1, 1 = 10

And last year's final? The one that really counts?

To be fair, it's not a one-man team, because Bomber is 100% value in the World Cup.

But it's certainly a two-man team. And there's no way we avoid picking the out-and-out best British rider for a very long time (probably since Peter Collins and Michael Lee). Woffinden is the automatic first name on the team sheet.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Aah, but none of those riders have the single-minded determination that Woffy has to be world champion.

Exactly. You beat me to it.

you really think they are riding for fun with no ambition to be world champion, or in holders case to be world champion again Lol

• Like 1