British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

proof once again that you are clueless. You have been told about contracts so many times. For someone who raced you actually know bugger all

So what about Wozniak's Leicester contract for 2016 so Explain that one as he signed a CONTRACT to race for the lions, why isn't he fulfilling his contract ?

Your insults are boring everyone

So what about Wozniak's Leicester contract for 2016 so Explain that one as he signed a CONTRACT to race for the lions, why isn't he fulfilling his contract ?

Because his own National federation will void his licence if he goes against his Polish clubs ruling so wouldn't be able to fulfil his Leicester commitments anyway.

Because his own National federation will void his licence if he goes against his Polish clubs ruling so wouldn't be able to fulfil his Leicester commitments anyway.

So in theory we could demand more from tai in this country and take his licence away if he didn't do what's best for British speedway.

So in fact British speedway could of forced tai to ride in the British final but chose not too.

Yes with the money I expect him to be on but then it was British speedway that helped him to get to that point in Poland and he couldn't care less about the British final or the British fans.

Contracts and agreements can mean very little in speedway, Leicester rider Wozniak signed for the lions for the 2016 season yet Poland have stopped him riding for Leicester until they decide he can return to British speedway. Do you think polish riders would not ride in the polish national final as they are contracted to ride in a British meeting ?

Apologies, thought you knew his income. Not sure why you keep repeating he owes British Speedway - many clubs wanted to pay for his services, not just doing him a favour.

Your Polish example's contradict and answer themselves. The clue is in the question!

Can see you will never change your strong opinion, is your choice. Think you should now let it go and support a British World GP contender. That grew up in a different country and employed bad advises that made him a 'multi millionaire', as you say.

• Like 1

Wozniak has signed for both a Polish club and a British one. His Polish club have evidently pulled rank. Woffinden has not signed for a British club, despite your proclaimed willingness to force him to do so. There is, therefore, no relevance in your comparison.

So in theory we could demand more from tai in this country and take his licence away if he didn't do what's best for British speedway.

So in fact British speedway could of forced tai to ride in the British final but chose not too.

Tai is doing what's best for British speedway, winning world championships and leading his country's team with great distinction.

I'm not aware of any regulation which states that a rider must take part in the country's domestic championship. Such a statute, particularly one with an implied or explicit threat to withdraw a competition licence, would surely have no chance of being stood up in a court of law. It has long been evident from the thrust of your argument, if I can distinguish it by such a term, that the rule of law would hold little sway under your doubtless benign dictatorship. What a bitter pill that must be.

Apologies, thought you knew his income. Not sure why you keep repeating he owes British Speedway - many clubs wanted to pay for his services, not just doing him a favour.

Your Polish example's contradict and answer themselves. The clue is in the question!

Can see you will never change your strong opinion, is your choice. Think you should now let it go and support a British World GP contender. That grew up in a different country and employed bad advises that made him a 'multi millionaire', as you say.

I guess if you look for it you would find that gollob was on over a million a season some 7 plus years ago riding in Poland, so I guess it's about the same for tai.

Wozniak has signed for both a Polish club and a British one. His Polish club have evidently pulled rank. Woffinden has not signed for a British club, despite your proclaimed willingness to force him to do so. There is, therefore, no relevance in your comparison. Tai is doing what's best for British speedway, winning world championships and leading his country's team with great distinction.I'm not aware of any regulation which states that a rider must take part in the country's domestic championship. Such a statute, particularly one with an implied or explicit threat to withdraw a competition licence, would surely have no chance of being stood up in a court of law. It has long been evident from the thrust of your argument, if I can distinguish it by such a term, that the rule of law would hold little sway under your doubtless benign dictatorship. What a bitter pill that must be.

Your wrong tai is not doing what's best for British speedway he is doing what's best for him as his interests for the good of British speedway is long gone.

Any details about the training schools ?

I guess if you look for it you would find that gollob was on over a million a season some 7 plus years ago riding in Poland, so I guess it's about the same for tai.

Guess away! Come back with facts! Can't imagine Tai is the best paid sportsman in Poland, but I am only guessing.

Wozniak has signed for both a Polish club and a British one. His Polish club have evidently pulled rank. Woffinden has not signed for a British club, despite your proclaimed willingness to force him to do so. There is, therefore, no relevance in your comparison.

Tai is doing what's best for British speedway, winning world championships and leading his country's team with great distinction.

I'm not aware of any regulation which states that a rider must take part in the country's domestic championship. Such a statute, particularly one with an implied or explicit threat to withdraw a competition licence, would surely have no chance of being stood up in a court of law. It has long been evident from the thrust of your argument, if I can distinguish it by such a term, that the rule of law would hold little sway under your doubtless benign dictatorship. What a bitter pill that must be.

Just as a matter of interest, when did Tai unsign his Wolverhampton contract? Or do contracts only last for one season? He is still a Wolves asset, isn't he?

• Like 1

Just as a matter of interest, when did Tai unsign his Wolverhampton contract? Or do contracts only last for one season? He is still a Wolves asset, isn't he?

He is a wolves asset, but all that means is that in theory if he wants to ride in the UK it is for wolves.

Unless wolves committed to pay a yearly salary, I can't see that the contract would compel him to ride for them unless he wants to.

He is a wolves asset, but all that means is that in theory if he wants to ride in the UK it is for wolves.

Unless wolves committed to pay a yearly salary, I can't see that the contract would compel him to ride for them unless he wants to.

Correct, contracts still have to be agreed on a yearly basis whether you're an asset of the club or not.

It is yes to both those sentences.

To your first point, it'll only apply if he signed a deal to a UK club to which he had not and can't be forced to.

To your second point, that's a yes regardless whether he's signed for a British club or not as other federations do.

So, who's fault is it that none of that is in place? Just as a clue, the answer isn't Tai Woffinden

Edited by Danny Smith

He is a Wolves asset (and speedway's asset system is, to apply a clunky metaphor, a whole different ball game), but as per the posts of waihekeaces1 and Danny Smith is not currently contracted to ride for them or any EL club.

Danny, as to your answer on the second point, I'd be by no means sure that the authorities could compel anyone to ride with any confidence that their actions could survive a legal challenge, despite the actions of other federations.

Your so predicatable with the twaddle you keep spouting.

so tai will be giving Poland a miss the day before he is due in Cardiff ? Guess not

actually Tai has to miss the walk for darcy because his contracted to poland and they require him there so he cannot travel back to do it.. ohh yet another thing you may pick up on

I insult you because you display such a lack of understanding or knowledge of how contracts work

Wozniak would have his licence stopped by the Polish federation if he rides for Leicester

Tai doesnt have a contract to race for any club in Britain so your post makes absolutely no sense

Lol yet again you knowledge is so poor you really need to have a look at how contracts work because you are making yourself look daft

I will remind you yet again that TAI DOESNT HAVE A UK CONTRACT!!! So the authorities in the UK can not demand he do anything

Your wrong tai is not doing what's best for British speedway he is doing what's best for him as his interests for the good of British speedway is long gone.

Any details about the training schools ?

You think Tai is a multi millionaire are so far wide of the mark that your laughable pal.

If Gollob was on a million a season it certainly wasnt from his club , it would have been made up of endorsements and sponsorship and being the highest profile rider in Poland

I agree Tai does nothing for British Speedway apart from put the sport into the National press everytime he wins the world title.

There are others that are not Tai fans but at least they have some intellect unlike yourself.

Very bitter sad individual arent you

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/motorsport/451717/EXCLUSIVE-hadn-t-made-speedway-have-been-brickie-Tai-Woffinden

Well according to this, has houses paid for, a collection of cars and paid £15,000 for a Neckless....so not too Shabby.

I should imagine most of the riders in the GP over a period of time, will become Millionaires through wages and sponsorship deals etc.

• Like 1

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/motorsport/451717/EXCLUSIVE-hadn-t-made-speedway-have-been-brickie-Tai-Woffinden

Well according to this, has houses paid for, a collection of cars and paid £15,000 for a Neckless....so not too Shabby.

I should imagine most of the riders in the GP over a period of time, will become Millionaires through wages and sponsorship deals etc.

i wonder what would be said if he put up how much he put into his kit.. and only one house is paid off the one in sheffield..