British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

I'm of the opinion Tai made his decision in the winter not to ride in the British Final.

He's not interested in it anymore, and these semi-final dates and wildcard talk are all a smokescreen

He can now say he's the undefeated British champ, because I can't see him bothering with it anymore.

I wonder if he would've made more of an effort to ride in it this year, if last years final wasn't stopped and re-run with Craig Cook easily winning.

I guess we'll never know!

• Like 2

I'm of the opinion Tai made his decision in the winter not to ride in the British Final.

He's not interested in it anymore, and these semi-final dates and wildcard talk are all a smokescreen

He can now say he's the undefeated British champ, because I can't see him bothering with it anymore.

I wonder if he would've made more of an effort to ride in it this year, if last years final wasn't stopped and re-run with Craig Cook easily winning.

I guess we'll never know!

So you think that he decided not to ride in the semi finals in the winter when he had no idea what the dates were??? Strange line of thought.

Though i guess those of you who dislike Tai will try any angle to get a point across even by making up things regarding a riders state of mind last winter!

Another one that doesnt listen or read posts

THE BRITISH FINAL IS NOT THE PROBLEM IT WAS THE TIMING OF THE SEMI FINALS!!!

Why are you always Rude to those who have a different opinion to you ?

So you think that he decided not to ride in the semi finals in the winter when he had no idea what the dates were??? Strange line of thought.

Though i guess those of you who dislike Tai will try any angle to get a point across even by making up things regarding a riders state of mind last winter!

It's nothing to do with dates, I just don't think he's interested in winning anymore British Championships.

It's nothing to do with dates, I just don't think he's interested in winning anymore British Championships.

REALLY !!!!!! of course its to do with Dates... tell me how he would have got bikes etc here for it ??

do we really need to go through it again lol

Like I said before he is badly advised,how many riders who had won 3 in a row would say they are not interested in going for a 4th British title in a row to equal Briggs all time record. Maybe it was about money as I don't buy the no bikes bit.

Again, why are people still responding to robert72 on this thread. He dislikes Woffinden is evident & you're not going to change his mind

• Like 1

It's very apparent some people actually like doing it...it's like they have to have their say, and continue until they are blue in the face... Not sure what's worse... lol

Maybe I'm speaking a foreign language here. I'm saying Tai isn't interested in riding in the British Final anymore, and people are saying what about the dates and how will he get his bikes here?

Why would he care about those things if he didn't want to ride in the meeting? :blink:

• Like 1

Maybe I'm speaking a foreign language here.

Perhaps not everyone is in agreement with your opinion that Tai decided in the winter not to ride the final.

Again, why are people still responding to robert72 on this thread. He dislikes Woffinden is evident & you're not going to change his mind

There you go again with the dislike/hate tai stuff which is not true.

You really need to take off your blinkered glasses and see the bigger picture.

Perhaps not everyone is in agreement with your opinion that Tai decided in the winter not to ride the final.

That's fair enough, it's all about opinions. I guess it's only Tai and his inner circle that know the truth.

Maybe it was about money as I don't buy the no bikes bit.

he doesnt have any bikes in this country he has no need for them... and with the dates he couldnt get the bikes over here and the dates with other commitments wouldnt allow him as he couldnt ride the semi's.

Just so you're aware on last season, Tai only had his own bikes for the British Final.

For the semi round at King's Lynn he had to use his girlfriend's brother's bikes (Layne Cupitt) due to his being unavailable.

Again, the BSPA found it wise to plonk this Semi Final (20th May) in between 2 GP's on consecutive weekends of the 16th & 23rd of May.

Tai was without his own machines & mechanics.

I suppose where there is a will there is a way.As Danny says last year was virtually the same scenario but it was achieved. Why do some people find it so unbelievable that Tai simply does not want to ride in the British Final again. The title has no merit or worth anymore since he has won it 3 times on the bounce,its an irritation he could do without on his calendar,if that's the case then fair enough come out and say it, not all the other excuses. Does anyone really think we will see Woffinden in the British Final again ?

• Like 1

bomber has bikes in this country..

Tai has blatenly said he doesnt have any bikes in this country.. if you can tell me how he would have achieved getting bikes to the event then that would be great

and most riders say there is no use for practise but only because the track is usually different to the day before they get good results for gearing etc though..

The point is, which some don't seem to recognise, is that he will have bikes in the UK and Poland on consecutive days - something which people seem to say is impossible.