British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

So what your saying is that he had No intention of riding in the British final even if the dates were different as he has no bikes here.

He says he is done with the British title as he wants to let others have a chance of winning it.

point 1... if the dates were different and he didnt miss the semi's i would say he may well of done.. if it was feasable to get his bikes here and ride in both the semi's and final he would have done it i am pretty sure.. but as he couldnt do the semi's as has been previously said many many times yet you cant seem to grasp it.. he didnt make the semi's due to a fixture clash.. he wouldnt take a final place wildcard as he had not deserved it as he had not riden the semi's...

and point 2.. can you provide proof he said he is done with the british title.. yes he said he wanted the guys who havent won it a chance to win it and gain their chance to ride the Cardiff GP on their own merit which i think when you have wont it 3 times on the bounce is an honourable thing to do.. his kit and experience far out weighs the rest of the competition and his engines would have loved that track... high horse power..

either way you dont like him and will keep going on and on about him turning his back on the UK.. i really hope you get to have your say to him direct but i still fear you will disagree with him even if he told you direct...

He is set up for life now,so he should be looking to set records

Money aside, I agree. The legacy of the history books calls. It's clearly a tough ask to get up to the Mauger/Rickardsson half-dozen, but obviously Tai has two in the bag already and looks a genuine contender, at worst, for a third this year. And at 25, injury and willingness permitting, time is on his side. Fingers crossed.

Because Tai has his GP team plus GP BIkes 3-4 of them then he has a seperate team with seperate bikes that do the swedish and polish league..

NOTHING IN THE UK AS HE DOESNT RIDE HERE.... ( made capitlas so you can understand the point )

and its fact because Tai himself has said he doesnt have any bikes in this country.. its pointless having bikes here he wont use them he has no need for them..

he hasn not turned his back on british fans.. for god sake.. get off that horse pal he will be there to greet british fans at the cardiff GP i am sure and he is riding with the british flag and riding for this country cant you understand there are several reasons why him not being in the final listen to them instead of having your blinkered view of the guy..

or alternativley go to cardiff and have your say with him personally..

Which reinforces the point that he is able to transport equipment to the UK for Cardiff and still have equipment in Poland for the next day. This is no different to having equipment in the UK on Friday and racing in the Polish GP on Saturday. Or are you suggesting his bikes circle Europe in two vans which are never or it could never be arranged for them to be in the same place at any time? It's an excuse. I believe he simply decided it wasn't a priority for him which he is entitled to do but I disagree with the decision because of the impact upon the British Championship and fellow riders.

• Like 2

Which reinforces the point that he is able to transport equipment to the UK for Cardiff and still have equipment in Poland for the next day. This is no different to having equipment in the UK on Friday and racing in the Polish GP on Saturday. Or are you suggesting his bikes circle Europe in two vans which are never or it could never be arranged for them to be in the same place at any time? It's an excuse. I believe he simply decided it wasn't a priority for him which he is entitled to do but I disagree with the decision because of the impact upon the British Championship and fellow riders.

i would also suggest his GP bikes are different to his league bikes.

no matter how you look at it he couldnt of had bikes in this country for either the semi's or the final..

the GP is a requirement and so are his league duties in sweden and poland..

Oh for goodness sakes, do people really believe he hasn't got any equipment here, he lives here, can't u remember that huge shed that his Dad started building, u think that is full of nothing these days? lol His tuner is based here etc etc
  • Like 1

i would also suggest his GP bikes are different to his league bikes.

no matter how you look at it he couldnt of had bikes in this country for either the semi's or the final..

the GP is a requirement and so are his league duties in sweden and poland..

Suggest you read my post again. Cardiff proves he could have

Oh for goodness sakes, do people really believe he hasn't got any equipment here, he lives here, can't u remember that huge shed that his Dad started building, u think that is full of nothing these days? lol His tuner is based here etc etc

Careful, everyone knows it's impossible. He couldn't simply have transported/built a bike in the UK at some point given the time he had, maybe got a certain tuner here to help him (PJR), that would've been impossible.

• Like 1

suggest you re read mine... its a GP his bikes have to be in this country..

i know he hasnt got any bikes in this country.. his tuner may well be here.. but he doesnt have any bikes in this country.

He couldn't simply have transported/built a bike in the UK at some point given the time he had, maybe got a certain tuner here to help him (PJR), that would've been impossible.

yeah he could do that couldnt he.. haha.. some people really need to think things through time.. travelling etc.. didnt ride in the semi's really please try a bit harder..

Edited by Dazzafl

Careful, everyone knows it's impossible. He couldn't simply have transported/built a bike in the UK at some point given the time he had, maybe got a certain tuner here to help him (PJR), that would've been impossible.

"We've got a job for you Speedy, it's in another country... you'll have to get the equipment there for it. That'll cost you a couple of grand, but don't worry we'll pay you £100 for it".

I'm sure you'd be rushing to do it.

What a pointless toipic !!

Tai wants to ride in the World Cup ... I am sure Rossiter will want him to ride,

The vast majority of British Speedway supporters will want him to ride.

The British Final and the World Cup are separate entities...

• Like 4

No, please don't stop it now. It's priceless. Woffinden is apparently an ill advised multi-millionaire who, if he was a true Brit would be more interested in gaining British Final titles rather than world titles individually or otherwise.

• Like 5

No, please don't stop it now. It's priceless. Woffinden is apparently an ill advised multi-millionaire who, if he was a true Brit would be more interested in gaining British Final titles rather than world titles individually or otherwise.

wish someone would ill advise me to being a multi millionaire..

I totally agree, It's great to see what nonsense robert72 will come out with next :)

suggest you re read mine... its a GP his bikes have to be in this country..

i know he hasnt got any bikes in this country.. his tuner may well be here.. but he doesnt have any bikes in this country.

yeah he could do that couldnt he.. haha.. some people really need to think things through time.. travelling etc.. didnt ride in the semi's really please try a bit harder..

Okay I'll make it a little easier. You say that Tai has at least two sets of bikes, one for the GP and one for league racing. In Cardiff, he will have one set in the UK and one in Poland. At no point at any time do these two sets of bikes ever meet, so he couldn't take bike number three from one set and exchange it for bike number three from the other set? Surely you can see how that it is ridiculous to suggest the reason for not competing is because of a lack of equipment.

"We've got a job for you Speedy, it's in another country... you'll have to get the equipment there for it. That'll cost you a couple of grand, but don't worry we'll pay you £100 for it".

I'm sure you'd be rushing to do it.

I'm much more inclined to believe it was a money issue than an impossibility. However I'd question your figures there as you've simply made them up. Bringing a bike to the UK in the back of someone else's van (and this goes on all the time with riders), costs very little and nowhere near £2000. Forgetting the spin and figure massage to support points, people decide on priorities all the time on the balance of want/need/resource etc. and I think he decided the British Final was simply not a priority. It's that decision I think was wrong. Checking out now!

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

Okay I'll make it a little easier. You say that Tai has at least two sets of bikes, one for the GP and one for league racing. In Cardiff, he will have one set in the UK and one in Poland. At no point at any time do these two sets of bikes ever meet, so he couldn't take bike number three from one set and exchange it for bike number three from the other set? Surely you can see how that it is ridiculous to suggest the reason for not competing is because of a lack of equipment.

his GP bikes were in Holland.. the day before and his bikes were on their way to poland the day after..

please tell me where the bikes would come from where he wouldnt sacrifise performance to a league match ??

his GP bikes and team prepare his GP bikes for GP action he then has his league racing team doing all the other meetings.. i recall he had a massive upset about his league team and they were not preparing his bikes to his standard.. he couldnt make the semi's at all..

if you can lay out how he would get this done with times and travelling distances and dates that were all scheduled.. i will listen to your arguement.. until then what you are saying is pie in the sky

his GP bikes were in Holland.. the day before and his bikes were on their way to poland the day after..

please tell me where the bikes would come from where he wouldnt sacrifise performance to a league match ??

his GP bikes and team prepare his GP bikes for GP action he then has his league racing team doing all the other meetings.. i recall he had a massive upset about his league team and they were not preparing his bikes to his standard.. he couldnt make the semi's at all..

if you can lay out how he would get this done with times and travelling distances and dates that were all scheduled.. i will listen to your arguement.. until then what you are saying is pie in the sky

A rider of his standard would have 10-12 race bikes.

I feel it was about money and his attitude of I am too good for the British final.

Dazzafl too many weak excuses for tai, he could of done it if he really wanted too.