British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

If British speedway paid the pay, the top riders would amazingly find ways to fit it into their schedules as they did in the old days.

Incorrect.

Do you think they pay big money in Denmark?

Or in the Czech and German leagues that some riders will ride in?

The biggest beef with riders is the schedule, as it would be with anyone in their position.

One night a week racing, Woffinden would be racing here. As would Hancock.

and that of course is your opinion , which you are welcome to .. of course despite the tone of the posting it does not constitute any sort of statute , and concequently does not override anyone elses view .

When your views are xenophobic and racist, as yours are, they are redundant.

We all know your beef. We all know why you rant as you do, indeed you stormed off the forum for some time the last time you were on here ranting when the truth was pointed out.

Some riders have the ability to cut the mustard, others don't.

You should actually be happy, the more of these riders don't ride here, the more places open up for riders of lesser ability.

Tai is riding for Team GB in the Best Pairs next week, so end of story really!! :wink:

That's a shame, rather see cook & lambert, with auty at reserve

Auty is riding PL. Cook is riding in the pairs. Hopefully Lambert will be the reserve.

Why on earth are people still banging the Auty drum he will never be a top line rider

• Like 3

Which other main nation has fixtures on 5 different nights of the week spread haphazardly throughout the season?

IF the main nations had the same format there own riders would still be likely ride in there own leagues ....I guess the answer to my question was no one

Edited by orion

IF the main nations had the same format there own riders would still be likely ride in there own leagues ....I guess the answer to my question was no one

never expected to see you get an answer, question wasn't convenient enough , I never got an answer from Sidney either , same reason he couldn't answer without ruining his own argument . so just kept quiet ..

im a wolves fan and would love to see tai in the team but respect his desicion not to ride this year he,s still britons top rider so he should ride for GB aint he riding in the GP,s as a GB rider . and to all these idiots who say tai used british speedway to further his own carer tell me what other english rider promoted speedway moore than tai did last year not collins lee haverlock or loram when they won world champ . and if he manages to win th world champ it will be under the GB banner . tai is 100% british ok is freindly with the ausies but he grew up with them

Everyone Of those bar Harris has at one time or another decided that they didnt want Brititsh speedway eithe so as usual a terrible argument

The other riders aren't British!

He doesn't reckon British speedway is worth the candle NOW . but he was quite happy to make use of it to get started . I'm sure he doesn't he doesn't think Scunthorpe , Rye House , Poole or Wolverhampton are worth the candle now, they have served their purpose and they and their supporters can go swivel as far as he's concerned . personally I'm Glad he's gone .British speedway is no worse for his absence and with any luck it will make a few promoters think twice before employing GP riders , and might even make them consider if it's worth running the worlds training scheme, only to get kicked in the teeth as soon as the riders they have trained thing they are too big for Britain any longer

Zagar iversen and AJ didnt learn to ride here ,so they are free to do as they please. Batchelor has never opted out . so that leaves former British speedway academy rider Holder, who did ,

That is a load of tosh speedibee.

I don't see a lot of loyalty to Riders in British Speedway except from the Supporters of course.

Tai, on the other hand, owes British Speedway nothing. British Speedway owes Tai a lot because of all the Publicity Events that he attended during his year as World Champion. Everyone said what a wonderful, hard working World Champion he was - and - I agree with them.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Tai, should he win another World Championship would do the same again - Promoting BRITISH Speedway in the Media, on Television and any way he could.....

• Like 2

That is a load of tosh speedibee.

I don't see a lot of loyalty to Riders in British Speedway except from the Supporters of course.

Tai, on the other hand, owes British Speedway nothing. British Speedway owes Tai a lot because of all the Publicity Events that he attended during his year as World Champion. Everyone said what a wonderful, hard working World Champion he was - and - I agree with them.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Tai, should he win another World Championship would do the same again - Promoting BRITISH Speedway in the Media, on Television and any way he could.....

right so he owes British speedway Nothing , maybe you should tell that to Len silver , Matt Ford , and Chris Van Straaten . who actually owns his contract .. not forgetting of course Rob Godfrey who gave him his start as a pro speedway rider .. yes of course he owes nobody anything .. ...

right so he owes British speedway Nothing , maybe you should tell that to Len silver , Matt Ford , and Chris Van Straaten . who actually owns his contract .. not forgetting of course Rob Godfrey who gave him his start as a pro speedway rider .. yes of course he owes nobody anything .. ...

Correct he owes nobody anything.

Chris Van Straaten will tell you he owes British Speedway nothing so he doesn't need 'asking'. Quite what Matt Ford has to do with it, who knows but I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel 'owed'.

Now we know you have views that are, to put it mildy, bordering on xenophobic and racist, but the reality is, slavery doesn't exist anymore. Woffinden isn't 'owned' by anyone.

• Like 1

Of course he doesn't owe them anything. He gave good value for money to all of those Tracks he rode for and probably increased attendances at all of them too. Those Tracks reaped the benefits of having Tai riding for them and were, presumably, happy to do so.

I owe my first Employer for giving me a job - I don't think so. I worked very hard whilst I was there and they paid me for it. Much the same as Tai really................

• Like 5

To be honest, I don't care if he does or he doesn't. I've been to sixteen meetings already this season and haven't thought about him once. The sport will carry on in this country regardless of him ever riding here again.

I don't quite feel like that cityrebel I'm just very disappointed with his decision to not race here.