British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Nothing to gloat over. The guy is a jerk who thinks he is above the forum rules. Judging by the sound of it I was far from the only one to report him.

The only person to blame for his time out is Gavan. He has been building up for this for weeks, gradually becoming more aggressive and dismissing a different opinion as trolling. He was too blind to see his posts on the Poole thread, were so anti anything Poole, from the team, the promotion, the track, the fans, anything in fact, was bound to attract a reaction. He had lost it so badly he tried to say everyone loved him by the amount of likes he received.

And then he completely lost it on here. More fool him.

As the saying goes. Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind.

I probably should of reported him for the abuse I got from him but didn't however I was surprised he got away with it for so long.

His bad language and threats won't be missed.

The only person to blame for his time out is Gavan.

I haven't said anything different. But as a general principle, not just in this instance, I'm not wild about posters coming on shouting for a ban.

• Like 1

I haven't said anything different. But as a general principle, not just in this instance, I'm not wild about posters coming on shouting for a ban.

Understand where you are coming from but sometimes it could be the only way to make the offender realise their behaviour has crossed the line.

In this instance there has been a long lead up to the post in question with let's be fair a fair number of people supporting Gavans views if not his method of voicing them.

I'm all for free speech but with that freedom comes responsibility.

Phew that's getting too profound, I'm off for a lie down

Edited by Star Lady

Understand where you are coming from but sometimes it could be the only way to make the offender realise their behaviour has crossed the line.

In this instance there has been a long lead up to the post in question with let's be fair a fair number of people supporting Gavans views if not his method of voicing them.

I'm all for free speech but with that freedom comes responsibility.

Phew that's getting too profound, I'm off for a lie down

Don't disagree with any of that. Perhaps it would have helped if I'd stressed in the first post that it's the general principle of people coming on and shouting ban that irks me. I prefer the mods to sort it out.

Your 'with that freedom comes responsibility' remark seems, to me, to echo Clive James' point about freedom of speech coming with responsibilities: "Yet there are many freedoms which a civilised country must restrict if it is to stay civilised, the classic example being the freedom to shout 'Fire!' in a crowded theatre."

Don't disagree with any of that. Perhaps it would have helped if I'd stressed in the first post that it's the general principle of people coming on and shouting ban that irks me. I prefer the mods to sort it out.

Your 'with that freedom comes responsibility' remark seems, to me, to echo Clive James' point about freedom of speech coming with responsibilities: "Yet there are many freedoms which a civilised country must restrict if it is to stay civilised, the classic example being the freedom to shout 'Fire!' in a crowded theatre."

Gavan went on for a lot longer than he should and it didn't help with a few of his buddies liking his posts that was clearly over the line.

Maybe oneday he will return and cut the bad language and name calling out.

So should tai ride for Team GB or Not ?

Nothing to gloat over. The guy is a jerk who thinks he is above the forum rules. Judging by the sound of it I was far from the only one to report him.

The only person to blame for his time out is Gavan. He has been building up for this for weeks, gradually becoming more aggressive and dismissing a different opinion as trolling. He was too blind to see his posts on the Poole thread, were so anti anything Poole, from the team, the promotion, the track, the fans, anything in fact, was bound to attract a reaction. He had lost it so badly he tried to say everyone loved him by the amount of likes he received.

And then he completely lost it on here. More fool him.

As the saying goes. Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind.

So Gavan didn't like Poole so who did he support ?

Gavan went on for a lot longer than he should

:rofl:

The classics from the now discredited coward just keep on coming.

• Like 5

:rofl:

The classics from the now discredited coward just keep on coming.

I think you are the real coward as you were too much of a Coward to race a speedway bike,

Please stop your stupidness as you are hurting my sides with laughter

Edited by robert72

I think you are the real coward as you were too much of a Coward to race a speedway bike,

Another assumption on your part.

I prefer to deal in reality..

which is, all you can do is spout off on a forum and are too gutless to say anything to the man you are spouting about, despite claiming you would given the chance.

Coward.

• Like 1

Another assumption on your part.

I prefer to deal in reality..

which is, all you can do is spout off on a forum and are too gutless to say anything to the man you are spouting about, despite claiming you would given the chance.

Coward.

Did you expect me to go to Poland tonight ? You really are stupid as where did I say I wouldn't speak to him ?

Are you missing your buddy Gavan :)

Did you expect me to go to Poland tonight ? You really are stupid as where did I say I wouldn't speak to him ?

Are you missing your buddy Gavan :)

Are you saying you will.

I got the impression that you were been non committal.

Are you saying you will.

I got the impression that you were been non committal.

I haven't said no I just said not on video.

Oh here we go again - Rob you DID NOT race a speedway bike, you pootled around - you would have been better off focussing your efforts on something to make a career of.

Clearly you've not got a lot of your plate these days with all the posts you make on here.

• Like 2

I for one will be delighted when the World Cup actually takes place and we can (hopefully) put this thread to bed for another 12 months...

I haven't said no I just said not on video.

I am sure that Darren will switch the camera's off if you ask him.

But I am sure that he used the words we could video the meeting between yourself and Tai.

Oh here we go again - Rob you DID NOT race a speedway bike, you pootled around - you would have been better off focussing your efforts on something to make a career of.

Clearly you've not got a lot of your plate these days with all the posts you make on here.

Here comes the king of twaddle another one who was too scared to ride but gives it the big one.

I have an ok lifestyle and a busy one at times but unlike you I had the balls to race and won many races something you could never ever do as your all talk like bwitcher.

The saying goes "The only failure is not to try." that sums you up not me.

Tell me why you didn't have the nerve to race ? Bwitcher would call you a coward.

I for one will be delighted when the World Cup actually takes place and we can (hopefully) put this thread to bed for another 12 months...

I don't get why you would be happy to put this thread to bed, if you didn't like it, why do you come on here.