British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry 29th April

It is comical reading some posts on here, a bad meeting and its get the rider out, Hans is doing ok, not great but I rather have him than anybody else who could fit in. Forget all his good rides and just concentrate on the bad stuff, that's what the forums about isn't it. Sticking the knife in.

Unfortunately the new system means the top guys meet each other ever race nearly, somebody has to score 1 or 0 I think it's ridiculous the criticism Hans gets. On Monday night he showed true commitment to Coventry in heat 15, he was waiting and ready to race in awful conditions, yeah the result didn't go his way but he was out there I way before the rest. He could have said no thanks but credit him and the others in that heat as they wouldn't have been able to see only a few yards in front of them . Hans could have a Bee, Robin, Or anything on his race suit !! it's his living, doing something he loves so give the man some respect.

Top post 👍 It's great to read something constructive.

• Like 3

It is comical reading some posts on here, a bad meeting and its get the rider out, Hans is doing ok, not great but I rather have him than anybody else who could fit in. Forget all his good rides and just concentrate on the bad stuff, that's what the forums about isn't it. Sticking the knife in.

Unfortunately the new system means the top guys meet each other ever race nearly, somebody has to score 1 or 0 I think it's ridiculous the criticism Hans gets. On Monday night he showed true commitment to Coventry in heat 15, he was waiting and ready to race in awful conditions, yeah the result didn't go his way but he was out there way before the rest. He could have said no thanks but credit him and the others in that heat as they wouldn't have been able to see only a few yards in front of them . Hans could have a Bee, Robin, Or anything on his race suit !! it's his living, doing something he loves so give the man some respect.

Rubbish.Hans is average 6.5 this season, last season he average 8.5. He's not going "OK" thats pretty bad tbf however you chose to dress it up.

Rubbish.Hans is average 6.5 this season, last season he average 8.5. He's not going "OK" thats pretty bad tbf however you chose to dress it up.

I get what you are saying but no rider goes out to lose. Low scores and bike problems must be just as frustrating for the riders. Keep the faith.

Why oh why put Rory in 15, he always comes last. Should have been Lambert!

Because he deserved it on his brilliant showing tonight.And even though he came last he was in a great race with all four in contention.In fact I thought he took 3rd from Harris and nearly got Kylmakorpi on the line.He was put in heat 15 on merit not what he had done in heat 15s in the past.

• Like 4

Another crap race meeting tonight.

Got to agree, although this was my first visit to Kings Lynn for while so I can't compare this meeting to any others this season. Mind you looking on the bright side heat 15 was a cracker and the meeting was actually on after a dodgy looking weather forecast so I'm happy tucked up in bed in my Travel Lodge room. :lol:

• Like 1

I get what you are saying but no rider goes out to lose. Low scores and bike problems must be just as frustrating for the riders. Keep the faith.

I agree. And other than a few jokey comments online have not criticized him but I'm not going to sit here and leave it unchallenged that he's doing OK when he's not. The man himself has said on twitter it was a bad meeting and he let the team down so why shouldn't the fans say it too? It's not as if theres a campaign to get him sacked or anything!

We'll swap your Hans for our Bjerre.....on Kenny showing tonight (almost) anything would be an improvement.

Wasn't sure if Robbo stopped for end of the race or got in a muddle trying to block Porsing as he couldn't work out where he was. Either way, nearly a nasty moment there.

Stars rode well with one exception (no prizes for guessing who). Even Ash did ok....seemed to get out of the gate well, often in front just didn't seemed to have the speed or quite know where to go once in front....hopefully that will start to come together for him soon.

Anyone else think Rory got 3rd on the line in a cracking last heat? I know view from first bend ain't great but thought he got Harris and wasn't far off Jonas.

If I'd have been Rob Lyon I'd have been very tempted to put Lewis in for Bjerre's last ride...

Overall good meeting I thought with plenty of over taking. Looked a very poor crowd, can only assume the weather put people off, but other than the sun delay everything and the cold towards the end it was hunky dory. Note to Buster - PLEASE PLEASE put some hoarding or summat behind the first bend to block out the low sun - its not rocket science.

Edited by kelvinht
  • Like 2

I reckon the list of possible riders to replace Bjerre is being drafted as we speak.

He was riding with just Lambert after the meeting and Lambert was all over him, don't see what it really achieved other than his bikes are quick enough, but as soon as anyone get nears him he shuts off. Klindt was doing that a couple of seasons back and he didn't last long.

1 point tonight and that was a gift with Kylmo packed up, absolutely shocking.

• Like 1

can't believe KB started heat 13... what was Lyon thinking.. ;)

Indeed...Lewis deserved another ride, and why wasn't Robert in ht 15 for that matter too? I know the meeting was won but Coventry could still have got a point (not that they didn't deserve one but surely the idea is to prevent the opposition gaining anything?) so Robert wouldve been a better bet than Rory for at least a third if Neils hadn't got the win imo.

Hopefully Rob wont hold back in letting Kenny know that he's letting the rest of the team down atm!!! :nono:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 2

Doing as badly as our Pole then if he has dropped 2 points off his real time average. Good to see the stars bounce back with a win over the title favourites. The Coventry team has been awesome all season so far. I fail to see the reason to attack Hans for an off match.

Edited by stevebrum

Dreadful meeting (Heat 15 apart) on the most over rated track in the world. A few drag races down the back straight but little more to ponder over.

Where the Bees didn't deserve anything on Monday, I felt we did tonight, so it probably evened itself out.

But for a moment of brain fade from Robbo, an EF from JK and Hans forgetting to turn up, we might have pinched a point.

Poor crowd and one might think that it has something to do with the constant delays and ar$ing about that seem to go on at Saddlebow whenever I seem to be there.

Dreadful all four back call in Heat 11 as well. Iversen wiped our pair out. Refs really have been a shambles so far this year.

• Like 3

Stars needed that as a team and so did the fans after Monday.

Excluding the struggling Bjerre all the guys chipped in with good points.

And you have to look at heat 15 to see that our track can produce some great racing if the desire, skill and set up is right. 😊

Onto Leicester, hoping that Kenneth has cracked his awful form and will push on from then!