British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Lakeside V Coventry Friday 1/5/15

Maybe Freddie only agreed to ride if he was promised five rides? either way reads like another rather dull meeting with next to passing but we shall have to wait for others who went to give a more true reflection on that score.

There was enormous amounts of criticism last week though on the Lakeside forum re: the state of the track for the Wolves meeting.

Track was much better with some good races, especially Kennett on Andersen and King looked fast. Much better meetinh than last week just lost to the better team who also had a bit of luck on there side, but no excuses and fair play to Coventry.

Well done to the Bees - entertaining meeting.

Vatcher proved once again what an absolute tool he really is.

All this talk of sacking, He's the one that should go.

Interesting that Sarjeant earlier today declared himself fit and ready to ride for Glasgow against Rye House apparently

He's ribs are still very sore so he's going to have another couple of days rest and then ride for Glasgow Sunday to see how he gets on. Fingers crossed he gets on okay.

King and Garrity were amazing tonight. Lawson was unlucky in heat 14 but Kylmakorpi had been leading before the race was stopped when Mikkel Bech crashed.

The Bees success this season is that if one rider has an off night, there are 2 others to pick up big scores.

• Like 5

Check out markyb on the Coventry thread

Oh him, he's the king of moronic statements....

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 3

Congratulations Coventry Bees. They had me worried there for a while.

Unlucky for Lakeside as the meeting never had more than a couple of points in it. However my biggest question has to be why on earth would you put Lindgren in heat 15 when he had scored poorly. Can see why they picked Kennett as he had been brilliant all night but as us bees fans know, Kennett and heat 15 are usually a disaster.

I was impressed by Kim tonight and It was good to see both Owen & Ritching score a point.

For Coventry, Garrity once again was brilliant at reserve and coped well with the added pressure of no Sarjeant again tonight. King had his best night yet and responded really well when we needed it most. I agree Hans form tonight was again a bit worrying but if you look at the other no1s in the league, they have all had bad meetings.

If we can get a away win with our no 1 off form and without our 2nd reserve then imagine what we could do with them all on form

Let's hope we can do the same at home Mon.

• Like 1

Congratulations Coventry Bees. They had me worried there for a while.

Unlucky for Lakeside as the meeting never had more than a couple of points in it. However my biggest question has to be why on earth would you put Lindgren in heat 15 when he had scored poorly. Can see why they picked Kennett as he had been brilliant all night but as us bees fans know, Kennett and heat 15 are usually a disaster.

I was impressed by Kim tonight and It was good to see both Owen & Ritching score a point.

For Coventry, Garrity once again was brilliant at reserve and coped well with the added pressure of no Sarjeant again tonight. King had his best night yet and responded really well when we needed it most. I agree Hans form tonight was again a bit worrying but if you look at the other no1s in the league, they have all had bad meetings.

If we can get a away win with our no 1 off form and without our 2nd reserve then imagine what we could do with them all on form

Let's hope we can do the same at home Mon.

I can't wait for your sisters take on the meeting..............

Nice to see other managers giving credit where credits due.

@SkidMark73: Crikey, the @OfficialCovBees are on fire 🔥 not even a Lake-side can damping their good run #fairplay 🏁

I can't wait for your sisters take on the meeting..............

Aw how sweet. She's out tonight but I'll make sure I'll let her know Edited by mdmc82

Nice to see other managers giving credit where credits due.

@SkidMark73: Crikey, the @OfficialCovBees are on fire not even a Lake-side can damping their good run #fairplay

Aw how sweet. She's out tonight but I'll make sure I'll let her know

She is... at least she has a life then, you should take a leaf out of her book.. :D

JK has posted photos of the showers at Lakeside tonight and complaining about the cold water and mould, oh dear.

Aretha and Annie??

So were coming out of the kitchen and theres something we forgot to say to you.....

JK has posted photos of the showers at Lakeside tonight and complaining about the cold water and mould, oh dear.

yeah, cos in the multi million pound sport that is speedway, this kind of thing is unheard of ?

Just back from Lakeside..that was a meeting I'd written off by Heat 10, saying to my friend that I thought we'd be lucky to come away with anything.

All the more delighted to nick the win at the death then, with a superb first lap from King and Harris in the final race. Another good all round team performance though alarm bells were ringing after another two pointless opening rides from our No1. I'm sure he'll come good soon though...

Kennett was by far the fastest rider on show, but choked again in Heat 15.

Much more entertaining than Wednesday's drab affair in Norfolk.

Edited by speedybee
  • Like 1