British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Rye House Vs Eastbourne Eagles (nt)

This dust and water issue isn't unique to double header meetings and it's a great shame that the Silver's appear to be warring in Speedway Star about it.

We have all been to meetings that are plagued with dust, Vog and I attended a double header at Lakeside on (Good Friday 2011 I think) and the second meeting was so bad that we saw four riders enter a cloud of dust from the previous lap and three emerge with no idea where the fourth had gone!

What matters is that the people with influence learn from it and address it, Mr. Scott is plainly keen to make it good in future, so let's judge him on future efforts.

This dust and water issue isn't unique to double header meetings and it's a great shame that the Silver's appear to be warring in Speedway Star about it.

We have all been to meetings that are plagued with dust, Vog and I attended a double header at Lakeside on (Good Friday 2011 I think) and the second meeting was so bad that we saw four riders enter a cloud of dust from the previous lap and three emerge with no idea where the fourth had gone!

What matters is that the people with influence learn from it and address it, Mr. Scott is plainly keen to make it good in future, so let's judge him on future efforts.

Strange how the only 2 times this season the track has been dusty & devoid of shale are the 2 double-headers! Wouldn't surprise me if some people thought someone was trying to sabotage the Raiders meetings...

I think falcon is on to something I can smell something too maybe a certain PL promoter at Rye wanting to see his successor fail? Just an opinion

I think that was clear from the 'Promoter's' response the day after the takeover was announced...very sad that someone who has done so much for the sport has become a caricature. It would be sad if the new owners don't succeed as where would that leave Rye House? not much of a legacy to leave...

I think that was clear from the 'Promoter's' response the day after the takeover was announced...very sad that someone who has done so much for the sport has become a caricature. It would be sad if the new owners don't succeed as where would that leave Rye House? not much of a legacy to leave...

Very Sad day too :( but i have to say that i was there and the goings on from Len towards Andrew saying he was not part of the track curation? of course he was not because he had already pulled the plug to let it sink this was all about scoreing points, I could see work going on the track but there was not enough time and only left Andrew to pick up the bits that Len had thrown away in diffeerent directions,

I see that the NL fixtures originally scheduled for 25th and 31st May as double-headers have been cancelled.

I see that the NL fixtures originally scheduled for 25th and 31st May as double-headers have been cancelled.

Yes Eastbourne refuse to ride there on Double headers now

That's wierd then

Edited by Alex2000

Nah they saw last time a double header failed so there not going to do them again. Thats it really