British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Mildenhall Tigers Nt 04/05

A bit of a late topic,but oh well.

A close meeting between I would say two evenly matched teams.

KENT;

Again Kent are let down by lack of strength in depth.ELEVEN Heat wins but no back up as Kent also had ELEVEN 0 scorers ?

Morley his usual solid display and again backed up by Ayres and Shanes.Baseby I would expect more and I cannot believe Shepherd scored 7 ? Heat 12 he crawled over line after Bacon went down ?

MILDENHALL;

Kent were lucky Halsey had a poor meeting.Impressed with Mountain and Bacon (although he faded as meeting went on)Kingston looked the same as he rode for Kent (very in and out).

I have said before Kent need a change or two to be really competitive in this League.

Also I thought crowd was OK nothing more in size ( waiting now that to be argued !)

20 minutes before start time I was shocked by how small the crowd was. Reckon it crept up to the 750 mark by start time which is low compared to previous seasons but still a crowd many teams in all 3 leagues would love.

Have to agree with your Sheppard comment how he scored 7 is a complete mystery. Couzins rode a far better meeting for 1+1. IF we can find a suitable 3 pointer I would step Adam down for a while and let him improve via the mdl. Be interesting to see if Matt Saul is far off fitness as he looked pretty fast at press night until he broke his wrist.

Think Baseby will benefit when danny goes up to heat leader. Talking to Danno post meeting the lad really wants to succeed. I don't know what the answer is to get him faster on the straights as he has a nice style on the bike and is never out of control.

Think the promoters need to wake up and help our boys out by putting some dirt on the track. Blue grooves after a couple of rides is unacceptable anywhere but when you have dirt Line riders like danny and James it's just shocking tbf. Look how well Couzins scored at rye house on what was considered a heavy track. Can't blame the riders if the promotion and track staff seem unwilling to help out. Don't think the track was graded once all meeting either.... look at the race times 3 seconds off the track record is currently a fast time!

A meeting devoid of any dirt on the track with the widest blue groove i have ever seen its about time Mr Cairns spent some money on the track .but is he interested in the Speedway ??.. A close encounter with some good racing our top 3 of Ben, James and Danny how ever can not keep on carrying the team and i agree with AJ is king the team needs strengthening ,but where would the riders come from i dont see any out there at the moment . Aaron is capable of better and his gating is very hit or miss.. Improved performance from Adam Shepherd i thought contary to other opinions, hopefully it will continue ,,Danno has only the odd good ride and needs to get all his rides up to the level he is capable of and Jamie is just not quick enough and is getting passed to often, after making reasonable starts ..The debate about the size of the crowd, yes it does vary in size but is still one of the best at this level..To be maintained however the team does need strengthening, and money spent on the track or support will start to dwindle... By the way Tea boy the track was graded twice were you in the bar at the time..and there was no dirt for the track staff to pull in an we would have needed brooms not rakes.!!

Edited by waco

20 minutes before start time I was shocked by how small the crowd was. Reckon it crept up to the 750 mark by start time which is low compared to previous seasons but still a crowd many teams in all 3 leagues would love.

Have to agree with your Sheppard comment how he scored 7 is a complete mystery. Couzins rode a far better meeting for 1+1. IF we can find a suitable 3 pointer I would step Adam down for a while and let him improve via the mdl. Be interesting to see if Matt Saul is far off fitness as he looked pretty fast at press night until he broke his wrist.

Think Baseby will benefit when danny goes up to heat leader. Talking to Danno post meeting the lad really wants to succeed. I don't know what the answer is to get him faster on the straights as he has a nice style on the bike and is never out of control.

Think the promoters need to wake up and help our boys out by putting some dirt on the track. Blue grooves after a couple of rides is unacceptable anywhere but when you have dirt Line riders like danny and James it's just shocking tbf. Look how well Couzins scored at rye house on what was considered a heavy track. Can't blame the riders if the promotion and track staff seem unwilling to help out. Don't think the track was graded once all meeting either.... look at the race times 3 seconds off the track record is currently a fast time!

Can't see Baseby improving that much by a switch to 2 or 4, he rides 3 at the moment, if he goes to 4 he will be in 3 of the same races he's in now, if he goes to 2 he will be in 3 races with Morley

Should have kept Connor Coles imo,

Thought the track was graded after heat 7 and 10.

I would go with Shepherd and Couzins for a bit longer, both seem to be improving, if no improvement by June maybe a.n.other.

Had to laugh at Danny's Basil Faulty style tantrum on the line, thought he was going to fall to his knees on the centre green and start headbutting the floor

A meeting devoid of any dirt on the track with the widest blue groove i have ever seen its about time Mr Cairns spent some money on the track .but is he interested in the Speedway ??.. A close encounter with some good racing our top 3 of Ben, James and Danny how ever can not keep on carrying the team and i agree with AJ is king the team needs strengthening ,but where would the riders come from i dont see any out there at the moment . Aaron is capable of better and his gating is very hit or miss.. Improved performance from Adam Shepherd hopefully it will continue ,,Danno has only the odd good ride and needs to get all his rides up to the level he is capable of and Jamie is just not quick enough and is getting passed to often, after making reasonable starts ..The debate about the size of the crowd, yes it does vary in size but is still one of the best at this level..To be maintained however the team does need strengthening, and money spent on the track or support will start to dwindle... By the way Tea boy the track was graded twice were you in the bar at the time..and there was no dirt for the track staff to pull in an we would have needed brooms not rakes.!!

Agree about the track.You should not see a blue groove so early in a meeting.

Had this problem a while now.

I can only think that Mr Cearns does not want to spend money to improve track.

Made my first visit to Central Park and was impressed by the whole setup. Great stadium, facilities etc everything except the track.

Never seen a track so devoid of dirt (and I go to Lakeside!!!) and the blue groove was beyond a joke. At the end it looked slippy out there and a few falls at the end seemed to prove that.

Also why did the water cart only come out twice and on both occasions for only 1 lap.

A meeting devoid of any dirt on the track with the widest blue groove i have ever seen its about time Mr Cairns spent some money on the track .but is he interested in the Speedway ??.. A close encounter with some good racing our top 3 of Ben, James and Danny how ever can not keep on carrying the team and i agree with AJ is king the team needs strengthening ,but where would the riders come from i dont see any out there at the moment . Aaron is capable of better and his gating is very hit or miss.. Improved performance from Adam Shepherd i thought contary to other opinions, hopefully it will continue ,,Danno has only the odd good ride and needs to get all his rides up to the level he is capable of and Jamie is just not quick enough and is getting passed to often, after making reasonable starts ..The debate about the size of the crowd, yes it does vary in size but is still one of the best at this level..To be maintained however the team does need strengthening, and money spent on the track or support will start to dwindle... By the way Tea boy the track was graded twice were you in the bar at the time..and there was no dirt for the track staff to pull in an we would have needed brooms not rakes.!!

That's why I said did not think they had graded as was unsure I did see them water mid meeting but never noticed them grading it. But tbf between doing my programme, sending updates and explaining things to my 5 year old the gaps between races get pretty blurred ;)

Kev the rev the water cart only came out to water the wide outside where what little dirt there was lay,you can not water a slick track devoid of dirt it makes it slippery and dangerous for the riders..