British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Redcar V Sheffield (lc) 5th May

Another win in the win pile.

Big Thank you to Josh G for a stella number 1 performance.

Upwards and onwards for the Yorkshire Tigers.

• Like 1

Fair play to Jack Lee, he picks his riding order to suit the away track, good to see a team manager actually earning his wage!

Fair play to Jack Lee, he picks his riding order to suit the away track, good to see a team manager actually earning his wage!

A proper Team Manager, its a long time since we had one at Sheffield.

• Like 2

Compton really has discovered some of his old form this season - good to see.

• Like 1

The only thing weaker than the Redcar team at the moment are the management's excuses! :o

Let's guess what's in JD's gazette report this week...

At 3 ...we had a rider returning from injury;

At 2 ...our reserve 'strength' was weakened; and

At 1...the weather had made the track difficult.

:D

• Like 2

Another cracking performance from the Tigers, with everyone contributing well and thanks to Josh G for an excellent performance as guest, same again next Tuesday in the 'Battle of the Tigers' would be great.

The Redcar track has come in for some criticism this season on these forums but I thought it rode well last night, perhaps the pre meeting rain helped with that but there was plenty of passing and a good race meeting, of course the result made it even better.

I think sometimes you just have to say "the best team won". Sheffield had 4 riders who tend to ride Redcar well, Grajczonek, Proctor,Garrity & Compton so we were always going to have to be at the top of our form to get anything out of the match and quite simply, we weren't.

In circumstances like that all you can hope for is to see some good racing. The rain prior to the meeting helped, but the track grading during the meeting achieves nothing, they just don't seam to know what they are doing. For all the rain that came down, towards the end of the meeting dust was starting to appear.

• Like 2

A proper Team Manager, its a long time since we had one at Sheffield.

I thought Joe did a decent job last year with the riders we had and the injuries we sustained.

I thought Joe did a decent job last year with the riders we had and the injuries we sustained.

He did okay, but he is not a natural Team Manager, I think Joe initially wanted and was brought in to be Coach to the riders.

Jack Lee has been a Team Manager for so many years and we are now seeing the team properly managed.

Jack changing riders team positions to suit different tracks where they ride well or not so well.

• Like 1

Great team performance again!! All chipping in and not many last places again.

strong team but redcar are poor mind

Yes it is.