British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 7.5.15

Belle vues manger is clueless Steve worrall 4 rides why wasn't he in heat 9 ?

Was you there? If you were you would have seen that although Nielsen had scored 2 at that point he wasn't riding too bad as winning Heat 12 proved! It was a close call and not an obvious one

You are just talking rubbish now. Look at the table - Swindon aren't falling away from anyone - 2nd to 7th is very close at this stage of the season!

keep chasing. Yet to be convinced by the robins line up.

He's winding you up and you bite every time! Just ignore him until the middle of September and then laugh at him when we are miles ahead of them in the table!

Time will tell, but I admire you're confidence.

Was you there? If you were you would have seen that although Nielsen had scored 2 at that point he wasn't riding too bad as winning Heat 12 proved! It was a close call and not an obvious one

No I wasn't but he didn't replace the reserve last week at Poole either was that a tough call too

Swindon got out of jail with this one, thank god that Zagar had a kasprzak type meeting yet again or the robins would be looking at falling further away from the established teams so far. Hopefully a killer will score big points throughout his stay and not fall into the inconsistent camp that so many of the top boys seem to be in this season.

I am no great fan of KK, but he was never as bad as Zagar, and I don't suppose KK was paid £3K without even trying :mad:

• Like 1

I am no great fan of KK, but he was never as bad as Zagar, and I don't suppose KK was paid £3K without even trying :mad:

Absolutely. KK had couple of bad meetings but quite often scored double figures. Zagar has had lot of poor meetings and quite often doesn't score double figures.

The old was you there argument?

It doesn't matter if it was a close call.

Worrall is the better rider. Worrall has a greater chance of scoring pts in heat 9 than Nielsen. It doesn't mean Worrall will always beat Nielsen, but he will do so more than he loses. Therefore to maximise your chances of winning you put the better rider in. Whether he is 1% better or 50% better.

It's like saying you're having a go on a roulette wheel that has 25 red slots and 20 black and then justifying picking black as 'its a close call'.

Absolutely. KK had couple of bad meetings but quite often scored double figures. Zagar has had lot of poor meetings and quite often doesn't score double figures.

KK was sacked by 3 clubs for not giving effort. The odd double score will never excuse the E'S worst worst supposed number one.

Zagar has a long way to go to be that bad!

Has it actually been confirmed that Zagar is on guaranteed earnings per meeting?

Is it me or did I read somewhere that PK had a race suit ready for his first meeting-definitely wearing a shirt over his Kevlars. Are Swindon that hard up that they can't afford one for him?

Is it me or did I read somewhere that PK had a race suit ready for his first meeting-definitely wearing a shirt over his Kevlars. Are Swindon that hard up that they can't afford one for him?

You are correct Chalkie, it was mentioned that his race suit was ready, but speaking to his mechanics they commented that he was leaner and fitter than last year so maybe the one they made needs taking in.

• Like 2

KK was sacked by 3 clubs for not giving effort. The odd double score will never excuse the E'S worst worst supposed number one.

Zagar has a long way to go to be that bad!

Coventry and Lakeside have dropped Zagar, did Birmingham ever get to that point?

I have said it before but riders like Zager and a couple of others are just topping up their "pocket money"in Britain.-

The old was you there argument?

It doesn't matter if it was a close call.

Worrall is the better rider. Worrall has a greater chance of scoring pts in heat 9 than Nielsen. It doesn't mean Worrall will always beat Nielsen, but he will do so more than he loses. Therefore to maximise your chances of winning you put the better rider in. Whether he is 1% better or 50% better.

It's like saying you're having a go on a roulette wheel that has 25 red slots and 20 black and then justifying picking black as 'its a close call'.

Yes because if your weren't there you were just looking at a computer screen seeing Nielsen scored 2 points so must be crap when in reality he wasn't, was well on the pace and battling for points. In the previous race Heat 8 Worrall was easily passed by Wright.

I understand what you are saying that if Worrall is just slightly better then you have to put him in but you also have to take into account how is Nielsen going to improved if he keeps being replaced every meeting and what it is going to do for his confidence.

A lot of meetings this year it has been definitely obvious the right call to replace Nielsen with Worrall but last night wasn't one of them.

Stef was quicker than all the reserves. Had plenty of speed. Nielsen was the right call in heat 9. Sometimes the score card don't tell u the real story

• Like 1

Coventry and Lakeside have dropped Zagar, did Birmingham ever get to that point?

Yes they did.