British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Berwick V Newcastle Saturday 16th May Premier League

and NO SMOKING !!!

The only place you can't smoke is the main stand

so best have your whits about you, lad's ;-)

If your business is family orientated, both smoking and drinking (alcohol) should be excluded from the equation.

If your business is family orientated, both smoking and drinking (alcohol) should be excluded from the equation.

And of course the selling of Alcohol another source of income. :drink::cheers:

Edited by penchev

Also causes the aggrevation, thats why I have my Peeve after the meeting :drink::drink::drink::drink: :drink: :drink::drink::drink:

Also causes the aggrevation, thats why I have my Peeve after the meeting :drink::drink::drink::drink: :drink: :drink::drink::drink:

You don't need peeve to aggravate :wink:

• Like 1

Yes, pubs and restaurants SHOULD NOT sell alcohol if they want to be family orientated.

For once you are spot on, Taffy.

Do they not sell tabs there ??? :-)

Yes, pubs and restaurants SHOULD NOT sell alcohol if they want to be family orientated.

For once you are spot on, Taffy.

:party::party:

Hopefully the decent weather that is forecast for today will encourage a few more from watching tonight's SGP from Finland and get along to Shielfield. Saturday will be largely sunny and bright, there is just the chance of catching a light shower around the middle of the day but its clean green for the speedway tonight.

• Like 1

I hope the Bandits management aren't to hard on the team after last night,,, don't fancy the back - lash of a proper telling off,,, ;-)

Unfortunately like a lot of other sports Speedway has its fair share of numpties who spoil it for the rest, I don't see any reason why alcohol shouldn't be available just because some crackerjack can't keep his gob shut , plenty people (myself included ) enjoy a drink before, during or after a meeting without causing any problems to other customers/ fans , best option would be to ask the the offenders to desist or in an extreme case have them removed .

As for tonights meeting it will be another tough one for The Bandits , I think we might just scrape home , I'd expect Kevin and Sticky will score a wee bit more than last nights return .Hopefully the weather will be kind to us for a change and there will be a decent crowd in . As for the SGP on Eurosport after last years meeting I think Shielfield will be a better option

• Like 2

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

I missed last week due to rock star commitments, so I have severe speedway withdrawal symptoms.

A Newcastle side that could upset us, unless they suffer from their now legendary poor team management; or, if we click it could be a large home victory.

Importantly, the David "Michael Fish" Monks predicts good weather, so at least I'll get my fix :)

Edited by bigeddiechek

I missed last week due to rock start commitments, so I have sever speedway withdrawal symptoms.

A Newcastle side that could upset us, unless they suffer from their now legendary poor team management; or, if we click it could be a large home victory.

Either the David "Michael Fish" Monks predicts good weather, so at least I'll get my fix :)

I think George English is one of the best team mangers in the league.

He's certainly better than our shambolic set up where we have a new team manager every meeting.

• Like 3

I missed last week due to rock star commitments, so I have severe speedway withdrawal symptoms.

Importantly, the David "Michael Fish" Monks predicts good weather, so at least I'll get my fix :)

What planet are you on Scott, George English is one of the most respected Promoters and Manager in PL speedway. everyone makes the odd error, but a rarity in Georges case. :nono::nono:

What planet are you on Scott, George English is one of the most respected Promoters and Manager in PL speedway. everyone makes the odd error, but a rarity in Georges case. :nono::nono:

Different one to you, Taffy...thankfully.