British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V King's Lynn 25th May 2015

What was wrong with Hans again last night, he refused to come out on the victory parade.

What was wrong with Hans again last night, he refused to come out on the victory parade.

From his posts on Twitter I think he was really annoyed with himself and his engine. Looked fast in the first couple but then started to lose a lot of speed.

From his posts on Twitter I think he was really annoyed with himself and his engine. Looked fast in the first couple but then started to lose a lot of speed.

Personally i think there is more to it than that, maybe tonight will give us an indication.
  • Like 1

Personally i think there is more to it than that, maybe tonight will give us an indication.

You're wrong. He's frustrated with the equipment he uses at Brandon.

Well he has had long enough to sort it out.

His interview on tapes up confirmed that. Some people try to stir but like yourself, I prefer to listen to the rider. He was struggling everywhere before the break which is why he wasn't getting picked abroad for Poland, Denmark & Sweden.

Bees would have won anyway TBF. Stronger at reserve even against Kerr. Sarjeant beat him at ours on his last visit & Garrity recently beat him in the reserve races at King's Lynn.

Yes Rory would have scored more than 8 but bees won by 24 so even a Max from him wouldn't have helped.

King's Lynn's own riders in Porsing, Morris & to an extent Lambert struggled. NKI was brilliant but even he was beatable.

To be fair it wouldn't have been unrealistic for Schlein to score 12 instead of 8,Bjerre to score 7 instead of 3 and Kerr to score 8 instead of 4.Thats an extra 12 points,that would have made it more interesting :wink:.It's all if and buts,we may have won there if we had a full team,we might not have.This is one thing nobody will ever know.

• Like 1

Bees would have won anyway TBF. Stronger at reserve even against Kerr. Sarjeant beat him at ours on his last visit & Garrity recently beat him in the reserve races at King's Lynn.

Yes Rory would have scored more than 8 but bees won by 24 so even a Max from him wouldn't have helped.

King's Lynn's own riders in Porsing, Morris & to an extent Lambert struggled. NKI was brilliant but even he was beatable.

If only speedway (or sport for that matter) was that simple and predictable. Nobody knows what would have happened with two full teams, Bjerre & Kerr could have gated their way to five wins each for all you or I know.

• Like 2

His interview on tapes up confirmed that. Some people try to stir but like yourself, I prefer to listen to the rider. He was struggling everywhere before the break which is why he wasn't getting picked abroad for Poland, Denmark & Sweden.

'Gates like a rocket, rides like a turtle' was the phrase he said to me last night. :rofl:

• Like 1

If only speedway (or sport for that matter) was that simple and predictable. Nobody knows what would have happened with two full teams, Bjerre & Kerr could have gated their way to five wins each for all you or I know.

Exactly three points in the bag move on to the next match
  • Like 1

Question: What has Nico Rosberg and Coventry Speedway Team got in common.

Answer: Both were given easy points....... :t:

Question: What has Nico Rosberg and Coventry Speedway Team got in common.

Answer: Both were given easy points....... :t:

I remember the same thing happening on our visit to King's Lynn last year when we had no Hans, had 3 guests, with PL rider at no 1. 😉

I remember the same thing happening on our visit to King's Lynn last year when we had no Hans, had 3 guests, with PL rider at no 1.

I thought the joke was quite funny.

Appreciate what you say, but we understood the situation and accepted that it was an easy victory and was no representation of the normal Bees side. We didn't go on about how well we had ridden. I had forecast you would reach 60 points, probably would have done if Hans wasn't so generous.

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 2

Still doesn't excuse not joining his team mates on the victory parade though.

He didn't have to ride his bike then ~ he was getting a lift. :wink:

• Like 2