British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Swindon Robins V Coventry Bees 26th May 2015

Have always thought the admission prices were too high, last night merely emphasised that fact. Would be interesting to know the financial implications when Sky televise such a meeting. many fans stay at home to watch, and the numbers are usually down. Swindon's plan of cheaper tickets seemed to work wonders. If they can do that why can't all the other promoters follow suit ?? Or does it need BSPA intervention ? Either way it made much better viewing not seeing a empty stadium....

Agree, it was good viewing, an exciting match, with the right result in the end. Hans is an experienced, considerate and intelligent rider. Don't like to see them sort get hurt. Far too many people are getting injured these days and was pleased to see Hans back on his feet, even though he suffering with his hand. Could have been far worse. Whereas, Garrity is a erratic and sometimes not in full control. Probably exciting to watch, but a liability to race against. Trying to pull off that desperate move from so far back, was always going to finish that way. The Ref called it right.......

Why is it that Australia produce so many good athletes, There's possibly more people living in Swindon than out there :wink: , yet they still produce this continuous line of talent.. Most impressed with North, and Morris

• Like 3

I had to read this as I knew you would post sh1te!!!

Sergeant's error was totally his own.

Hans ran in to the side of Morris when he was ahead so should have been exc.

Garrity clearly made contact with Dak so correct decision.

I see you are still posting biased nonsense and are the most clueless poster on here.

Please tell me which bit of my post is biased nonsense & not fact?

and you call me clueless.

(If you think I'm going to post rubbish then why bother unblocking me to read it?) 😴 sigh

• Like 2

I thought ref got heat 14 decision wrong. North had straightened up before garrity touched him and contact was only minimal.

• Like 1

Fully agree that this is the way to promote a Sky meeting and get the supporters in which really does come over great on TV. However, it is no good kidding ourselves that the promotions can run meetings at these prices for the non-televised meetings - they would lose money hand over fist. Whether we like it or not, speedway is a £17/18 sport unless you can get enough sponsorship to subsidise lower admission prices.

Anyway, it was a good spectacle last night and a great avert for speedway. Well done Swindon!

• Like 2

Please tell me which bit of my post is biased nonsense & not fact?

and you call me clueless.

(If you think I'm going to post rubbish then why bother unblocking me to read it?) 😴 sigh

Yeah maybe I read your post wrong. I thought you were making excuses but as you pointed out you were just stating facts. It doesn't change the fact you never see fault in your own club or riders but for that post last night I apologise for reading it wrongly.

• Like 1

Good to see Kyle Howarth continue his progression...

No BS or hype has been built around him, no 'look at me I should ride for Team GB' bollox comes out of his mouth...

He just seems to turn up and do his job more often than not, and do it well..

I hope he keeps the 'level headed' progression going as we could have a very steady international rider in a few years..

As for last night? Reduced admission and an actively promoted meeting delivers a big crowd which serves up the desired image for the sport to the watching wider sporting public...

Who'd have thought that would work?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

Good to see Kyle Howarth continue his progression...

No BS or hype has been built around him, no 'look at me I should ride for Team GB' bollox comes out of his mouth...

He just seems to turn up and do his job more often than not, and do it well..

I hope he keeps the 'level headed' progression going as we could have a very steady international rider in a few years..

As for last night? Reduced admission and an actively promoted meeting delivers a big crowd which serves up the desired image for the sport to the watching wider sporting public...

Who'd have thought that would work?

Yeah a lot of British riders could learn from his attitude 100%. I've been a critic of Bomber in the GP'S but no one could ever criticise his attitude or effort and in that way Howarth reminds me of him. Like you say there is no gobbing off in the press about how he should be doing this and that like certain riders. Hopefully he will be at Swindon for a long time.

• Like 3

Got in late and quickly scanned through the meeting, cracking result from the Robins & Coventry definitely deserved a point.

Nasty pile up with our No.1 rider :P hope the recovery is a quick one.

Flymo was on his garden equipment that's for sure.. :D

Very impressed with Kyle, determined and a superb cut back off 4.

Batch doesn't look safe on his machine, he looks too stiff and awkward, should have been truthful with Rosco about his 'food poisoning' though.

Dak & Zengi scored some decent points.

Danny King looked good out in front but I suppose he is just like Batch at the back.... frustrating.

Yeah maybe I read your post wrong. I thought you were making excuses but as you pointed out you were just stating facts. It doesn't change the fact you never see fault in your own club or riders but for that post last night I apologise for reading it wrongly.

👍🏻

I do see fault in my club & team when warranted but also see the positive. For example Klymakorpi had a shocker last night with a surprise score of 0 but hopefully that's the first and last time. 😁

I thought the Garrity decision was fair in the end. Good meeting and I was happy to take a point.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting last night, but can't help think that the Bees threw the points away.

Poor performances from Robson, JK and Harris, and then the reserves threw points away in 12 and 14.

I thought the Garrity decision was probably the right one, but was shocked that the ref made the decision without looking at all the available angles, especially when the second one strengthened his opinion.

As for Batchelor, how unfortunate was he that his "food poisoning" seemed to hit him hard just as he was being passed by someone?

Of course the Garrity/North decision could have gone either way but it seems to me that GPs are judged by different standards and that should not be the case. Riders are more aware and know when to move out and if they lose a place - tough. It's racing.

There's a GP rider who some years ago would regularly fall off in the league when undercut. Now he doesn't and he's a far better rider for it.

• Like 1

As for Batchelor, how unfortunate was he that his "food poisoning" seemed to hit him hard just as he was being passed by someone?

Food poisoning normally gives people the trotts. It seems it made Troys wrist roll off the trittle after 3.75 laps 3 times last night. Odd!

Sargeant even rolled when he was on 15.

Junior

I commented last night he had got one hell of a roller off 15 metres :D TBF, other than when he flew through the tapes he sat still in his other 3 rides, 2 which he lead down the back straight so he does normally make fair starts.