British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Swindon Robins V Coventry Bees 26th May 2015

ALUN Rossiter says there is a chance number one Adrian Miedzinski could make his Swindon Robins comeback in Tuesdays Elite League clash at home to Coventry Bees.

The Pole has been out of action since suffering a serious hand injury in the Robins first fixture of the season back on Easter Monday, with former number one, Denmarks Peter Kildemand, stepping in to fill the void in recent weeks.

However, Miedzinski made his riding return for Torun in his homeland last weekend and Swindon team boss Rossiter thinks he may be able to call him back into Robins colours next week.

Adrian might be back. Its possible. We should know in the next couple of days, said Rossiter.

Well have to wait and see. Its just a feeling and what I have been told.

Kildemand missed Thursdays 50-40 success at home to Leicester Lions with an injury of his own and had already been ruled out of next weeks Coventry clash.

The Dane had originally been booked to cover for the Robins until June 1 but with Miedzinksis return appearing imminent, Rossiter admits he does not know if Kildemand will ride for Swindon again.

Rossiter said: It may be tough. Im not sure, I dont know yet.

The Robins opted to utilise rider replacement for Kildemands absence against Leicester and Rossiter was irked by some disproval that met that decision.

Should Miedzinski not be fit next week, Swindon will definitely need to bring in a guest to face the Bees, with Dakota North in the frame.

I think people need to have a little bit more belief in the team. There was a lot of negativity and people saying were robbing the public but we couldnt have got anybody in, said Rossiter.

Were struggling for Tuesday and if I brought Dakota North in then I wouldnt be able to use him on Tuesday and I think thats the one we need someone for.

There are other options but I dont know. We will have to wait and see what goes on.

The Bees have started the new Elite League season in exceptional form and set the early pace at the head of the table.

Rossiter admits his team face a stiff task on Tuesday but having recorded a fifth straight home win with victory over the Lions, he believes his troops can topple anyone at the Abbey.

Its going to be a tough one on Tuesday and a different kettle of fish but if we keep riding how were riding then we will be fine, said Rossiter.

They are pretty good but on our own track I think we can beat them, its as simple as that.

Admission to this meeting is just £5

Dakota at no 1 will be done ask unless Troy goes there but the boys did well last night although Coventry is a much tougher prospect.

ALUN Rossiter says there is a chance number one Adrian Miedzinski could make his Swindon Robins comeback in Tuesdays Elite League clash at home to Coventry Bees.

The Pole has been out of action since suffering a serious hand injury in the Robins first fixture of the season back on Easter Monday, with former number one, Denmarks Peter Kildemand, stepping in to fill the void in recent weeks.

However, Miedzinski made his riding return for Torun in his homeland last weekend and Swindon team boss Rossiter thinks he may be able to call him back into Robins colours next week.

Adrian might be back. Its possible. We should know in the next couple of days, said Rossiter.

Well have to wait and see. Its just a feeling and what I have been told.

Kildemand missed Thursdays 50-40 success at home to Leicester Lions with an injury of his own and had already been ruled out of next weeks Coventry clash.

The Dane had originally been booked to cover for the Robins until June 1 but with Miedzinksis return appearing imminent, Rossiter admits he does not know if Kildemand will ride for Swindon again.

Rossiter said: It may be tough. Im not sure, I dont know yet.

The Robins opted to utilise rider replacement for Kildemands absence against Leicester and Rossiter was irked by some disproval that met that decision.

Should Miedzinski not be fit next week, Swindon will definitely need to bring in a guest to face the Bees, with Dakota North in the frame.

I think people need to have a little bit more belief in the team. There was a lot of negativity and people saying were robbing the public but we couldnt have got anybody in, said Rossiter.

Were struggling for Tuesday and if I brought Dakota North in then I wouldnt be able to use him on Tuesday and I think thats the one we need someone for.

There are other options but I dont know. We will have to wait and see what goes on.

The Bees have started the new Elite League season in exceptional form and set the early pace at the head of the table.

Rossiter admits his team face a stiff task on Tuesday but having recorded a fifth straight home win with victory over the Lions, he believes his troops can topple anyone at the Abbey.

Its going to be a tough one on Tuesday and a different kettle of fish but if we keep riding how were riding then we will be fine, said Rossiter.

They are pretty good but on our own track I think we can beat them, its as simple as that.

Admission to this meeting is just £5

Admission is only £5 if you get it before the day.

Surely Kildemand has to complete his 28 days as per Grajczonek at Poole?

• Like 1

He will have won't be as was due to miss the anyway and now injured

Must admit I thought it was odd when I saw Rosco's comments that AM might be back next week. The rules say he can't.

Assuming they know the rules at Swindon. We don't want another team abusing the rules.

Coventry should be able to take points from this meeting tho.

He will have won't be as was due to miss the anyway and now injured

No, beacuse if they re-declare now in time for Tuesday, that will be before the 1 June, so he won't have completed his 28 days in the Swindon team declaration. Watt had to wait a week to resume, so the same principal should apply.

More chance of the Pope turning up to ride at No 1 than dragging Miedzinski out of Poland on a cold Tuesday night in May, so it's all irrelevant anyway.

It may be better for Swindon if North is in instead of Adrian.

Was Kildemand on a 28day contract or was the team just redeclared due to Swindon being under the point limit and not knowing when/if Adrian would be back?

Was Kildemand on a 28day contract or was the team just redeclared due to Swindon being under the point limit and not knowing when/if Adrian would be back?

28 days would mean his contract would not expire until 28th May.I think they must have re-declared as Meidzinski's time on the sidelines was uncertain and Rosco was talking in terms of Kildemend remaining with Swindon up to the start of the SWC. They have enough points to re-introduce Meidzinski back into the side bringing them back up to 33.98.

Edited by tocha

28 days would mean his contract would not expire until 28th May.I think they must have re-declared as Meidzinski's time on the sidelines was uncertain and Rosco was talking in terms of Kildemend remaining with Swindon up to the start of the SWC. They have enough points to re-introduce Meidzinski back into the side bringing them back up to 33.98.

The issue is a rider has to be in a declared 1-7 for a minimum of 28 days - it's to stop grabs signing riders for one of meetings. Kildemand cannot be replaced until the 28th day.

That said, it makes far more sense if Miedzinski is fit to put him in the 1-7 than use a guest. This is one time special dispensation has no losers and should happen.

SWINDON: Nick Morris, Kyle Howarth, Dakota North, Grzegorz Zengota, Troy Batchelor, Charles Wright, Lewis Rose.

COVENTRY: Hans Andersen, Stuart Robson, Joonas Kylmakorpi, Danny King, Chris Harris, Jason Garrity, James Sarjeant.

Hans and Chris have shown in the past how good they can be at the abbey and they could equal the scores of Troy and Nick. Dak should have the beating of Joonas. Zengi and Kyle should be stronger than Danny and Stuart Robson but the Coventry reserves are possibly stronger than Charles and Lewis.

This is going to be a tough meeting for Swindon and dependant on how Hans goes the result could go either way.

Hans and Chris have shown in the past how good they can be at the abbey and they could equal the scores of Troy and Nick. Dak should have the beating of Joonas. Zengi and Kyle should be stronger than Danny and Stuart Robson but the Coventry reserves are possibly stronger than Charles and Lewis.

This is going to be a tough meeting for Swindon and dependant on how Hans goes the result could go either way.

I will say now that our top 5 will outscore theirs but we will be at least 10 points down at reserve so a 4 point Cov win on the cards.

Hans will score poorly as he is lowering his average to return to Swindon after the world cup break.