British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Swindon Robins V Coventry Bees 26th May 2015

[quote name="A ORLOV" post="2620589" timestamp="1432797169"

Lets see if you think the same after monday

Likewise then.

Enjoyed that last night.

There was a bit of bleating a few weeks ago about the average or fair weather fan not being enticed by the advanced fiver offer. Gladly, that one has been safely put to bed. Huge crowd with plenty of families and kids about too. I think a lot of people underestimate the power of good old fashioned word of mouth to draw friends and family in. Proves that the crowds are out there...even for a match on TV AND on a Tuesday. Sky will be itching to come back if it's at all possible, maybe a two for 10/15 quid might make people rope a few extra friends and family in that haven't been before. Market it, put the word out early, make people commit. People are used to booking stuff in advanced these days, people can plan their weeks around it. It's far too easy these days to have soft plans to do something but then get distracted or just not be bothered after getting in from work if you haven't committed to it financially. Thank christ the weather played ball for a change!

Hopefully the casual and new fans saw something that they were entertained by last night. It's hard to imagine anyone didn't enjoy that last night.

First half of the meeting was slightly turgid racing wise, but luckily the score kept it very interesting. We certainly got all that we could wish for in the second half of the meeting, and the home fans went home happy. Ideal.

Think Coventry should be very disappointed not to get more than a point from that. Even before heat 13 (hope Hans is ok soon) Cov should have had a handy cushion of points with Swindon being massively outgunned at reserve and Batchelor effectively riding like a reserve (food poisoning or not he hasn't looked comfortable at Swindon at any point this season, doesn't have the fitness/confidence to go into the bends full bore like we know he can do). Luckily the rest of the team showed plenty of character to prove Crazy Robin's predictably gloomy mid-meeting prediction as total cobblers. What a great way to predict the outcomes of matches against your own team....get it right and you look like a genius. Get it wrong, at least you can enjoy (does CR do enjoyment?) a win for your team. Either way, you're a winner.

I like this team, plenty of guts and enthusiasm in it, at home at least. Will be interesting to see what happens with Adrian coming back. If he ends up losing his team place, I'd happily have North back in the fold. Ok he probably will come up short in terms of consistent point scoring ability compared to PK, but you'll at least get plenty of commitment which I think is the best we can hope for from this season and hope the middle order carry on their good form.

More nights like that at home, I don't think people would be complaining too much.

I'm always happy to look a prize numpty if it means The Robins win Speedy Pete😀

• Like 1

Me thinks a few Cov fans and the management are smarting somewhat after letting what should have been a win for them slip. Until heat 12 Swindon were effectively a 4 man team but still kept within striking distance of a full strength Cov side that has been dominating the league until now. The the Bees reserves and Havvy lost their heads after that and by the time heat 15 had come around, the meeting was dead rubber for the Swindon boys. I'm sure if we were after a heat result Rosco would have put Zengi in heat 15 and the focus would have been a little sharper, but Kyle deserved a run out for a great performance.

Hopefully the mighty Rosco and his band of plucky lads have ruffled a few feathers in the Coventry camp. Watch out for that "vendetta", Havvy!

• Like 2

Me thinks a few Cov fans and the management are smarting somewhat after letting what should have been a win for them slip. Until heat 12 Swindon were effectively a 4 man team but still kept within striking distance of a full strength Cov side that has been dominating the league until now. The the Bees reserves and Havvy lost their heads after that and by the time heat 15 had come around, the meeting was dead rubber for the Swindon boys. I'm sure if we were after a heat result Rosco would have put Zengi in heat 15 and the focus would have been a little sharper, but Kyle deserved a run out for a great performance.

Hopefully the mighty Rosco and his band of plucky lads have ruffled a few feathers in the Coventry camp. Watch out for that "vendetta", Havvy!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

the fact that the named 3 riders had a poor night (esp JK scoring 0) and still only lost by 4points proves the point I made. Had they been firing as usual then it could have been embarrassing

What a pile of poop! Do you base your day to day existence on what if's??....King scored more than usual Batchelor had an off night in more ways than one...Harris scored what is basically his routine Swindon score for Bees ..end of the day the result is a 47-43 Swindon win always will be shown as that..your top of the league and there to be shot at and you were shot down deal with it stop bleating on about it your starting to sound like your TM

I have to say I tend to agree. I have always said I thought this Swindon team look top 4 and very strong but on Tursday's performance I wasn't as convinced.

Coventry had JK really struggling but still led until heat 11. The fact it then went to pot for the bees in the next 3 heats (ex heat 12, lost Hans to injury heat 13, Ex heat 14) I would have expected Swindon to really have taken advantage esp at home & extended their lead but yet bees still pulled it back to only lose by 4 on a off night for some Cov riders. I think Swindon still just have the edge over Wolves now Blackbird is injured but room for improvement as they have a good team on paper.

Cant imagine our side being too concerned about your views but thanks all the same anyway if they dont see this i will gladly pass on your concerns

• Like 1