British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

I take it you have no relation to grass root speedway riders then.

No relation to reality either ,

By jove I think I've got it . remove spark plug , fill engine with rice crispies , suck out rice crispies with a Dyson and put them in a measuring jug ,, job done :lol:

Bad idea! The engine will then go 'snap, crackle and pop'!

• Like 4

By jove I think I've got it . remove spark plug , fill engine with rice crispies , suck out rice crispies with a Dyson and put them in a measuring jug ,, job done :lol:

looks like that idea's flawed,,, could try using rice, before its made into 'crispies',,, or maybe sand, but the 'dyson' idea, in principle is good :-)

No youtube link?

Timo Lahti beat Kylmä, Puodzuks and Kauko Nieminen separately and together on the German thing again...guess it works.

Tuners are engineers , it's not just a case of bolting bits on or they'd all be doing it. You can bet that as soon as the Gerhard engine goes on general sale, every tuner will but one, strip it down and start looking on ways to improve it.

Tuners are engineers , it's not just a case of bolting bits on or they'd all be doing it. You can bet that as soon as the Gerhard engine goes on general sale, every tuner will but one, strip it down and start looking on ways to improve it.

I think the idea is to stop them from the point of view of the rules that's why the engine is being held back and being tested to the point that it meets the necessary creteria without being fiddled with in anyway by third parties other than to cheat .The best riders will in general win most of the time on a level plainfield just not by half a lap ,the only people this will affect long term are the tuners but that's life jobs/ trades disappear all the time sadly.

Edited by FAST GATER

So, does it mean that ALL riders will have to have two GTR engines, and GM will be illegal?

Why should they be if they are made as complete engine rather than a kit in standard form why should it be illegal ,we have to think out of the box here and end the tuning to death of engines to the point that they are too powerful and unrideable on some tracks if not most.The riders need to have confidence in their bikes to ride with out fear of it taking them through the fence, Phil said that Tai's bike( World Cup raceoff) was so highly tuned about three people in the world could ride it .Do we really want that in our sport I for one want it to stop now and let's hope this is the end of the" Tuning Fest " that has engulfed our sport .

Do we really want that in our sport I for one want it to stop now and let's hope this is the end of the" Tuning Fest " that has engulfed our sport .

Never going to happen without legislation and an awful lot of money spent by somebody.

Never going to happen without legislation and an awful lot of money spent by somebody.

Short term loss for big long term gain got to be worth it and surely if they can legislate for the change of helmet covers and dirt diflectors they can do the same for engines which might actually help the sport .

Edited by FAST GATER

I seem to have for lost here, I thought the plan was to have all Riders on a standard GTR, and have it serviced once a year, or is the plan different?

I seem to have for lost here, I thought the plan was to have all Riders on a standard GTR, and have it serviced once a year, or is the plan different?

THERE was never a plan to have all riders on a standard GTR... riders will just have a wider choice of engines including one that could prove far more economical to run over the course of a season than what they are currently using.