British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Ok,so you are saying day 1 was when he turned up with a finished engine to race.I was thinking you meant like day 1 when the project got going.......my bad

Don't jump to conclusions then, and try to get clever with PR.

• Like 2

QUESTION away but have been close to the whole project since day one... Tatum and Gerhard in France today, further track testing.

so you would know that harris rode the gtr last night???

I don't post on this forum very often, but I do "lurk" every day.

We need some perspective here.

Phillip is very clearly "in the know" and has posted many "inside tracks" when the fans of various tracks have been "wetting their knickers" about team building etc. The fans have been happy to receive his knowledge.

I think that Phil has been too honest in his postings - and he has been hung out to dry. Be careful what you wish for - come November and your track is about to close, or you don't have a "number 1" then you will be grateful for Phil's knowledge.

You could easily force Phillip away from this forum a major source of information. Be careful what you wish for.

I don't know Philip Rising, and have never met him. I have no agenda.

Don't jump to conclusions then, and try to get clever with PR.

I was being sarcastic you old fool.On this project, day 1 was when Marcel sat at his desk with a blank piece of paper and wondered what does the speedway world need,a brilliant new engine that needs less servicing.....it wasn't when he came to King's Lynn with a finished engine that had already been tested by some fairly unknown grasstrack guy called Schramm.......... :rofl:

so you would know that harris rode the gtr last night???

MARCEL has loaned him a GTR but wasn't at Coventry and Kelvin is away with Gerhard in France so cannot give you a definitive answer but others have said that he did.

I was being sarcastic you old fool.On this project, day 1 was when Marcel sat at his desk with a blank piece of paper and wondered what does the speedway world need,a brilliant new engine that needs less servicing.....it wasn't when he came to King's Lynn with a finished engine that had already been tested by some fairly unknown grasstrack guy called Schramm.......... :rofl:

FOR your info Kelvin has been involved from "day 1" when Marcel was first thinking about developing a speedway engine and I have been aware of it since then, too.

He sought out Kelvin's advice and expertise from the outset. The two have been friends since longtrack days and Marcel recognised that what works on longtrack isn't necessarily compatible with speedway requirements and that Kelvin's input from the get-go would be invaluable, as has been the case and why KT got back into the saddle as 'test pilot.'

MARCEL has loaned him a GTR but wasn't at Coventry and Kelvin is away with Gerhard in France so cannot give you a definitive answer but others have said that he did.

FOR your info Kelvin has been involved from "day 1" when Marcel was first thinking about developing a speedway engine and I have been aware of it since then, too.

He sought out Kelvin's advice and expertise from the outset. The two have been friends since longtrack days and Marcel recognised that what works on longtrack isn't necessarily compatible with speedway requirements and that Kelvin's input from the get-go would be invaluable, as has been the case and why KT got back into the saddle as 'test pilot.'

Then you gave the wrong impression with your previous comment,which was misleading.I therefore offer a full apology :t: See it can be done :D

Philip, do the team at GTR have a timescale as to when the engine will be available on general sale?

OBVIOUSLY as soon as possible but not before they have ironed out whatever they think is necessary, which is why testing continues, but I think they are close.

Will endeavour to get other riders to try them privately (Hancock and Janowski possibly) ... KT and Marcel are looking to go to a Polish track for a day. The more work they can do now the better, they believe, the final product will be. And with the resources of the Suter factory available, too, progress should be quite quick.

• Like 2

Thanks Philip, I was assuming they were planning on a launch in time for next season. Have they any plans to see how a 'lesser' rider copes with it, it's all very well getting the feedback from GP stars but if it's aimed at being more affordable to the mainstream rider, surely it would be advantageous to see how the average PL rider copes, possibly with a session where the uses 2 bikes with the 2 engines fitted and lap times are compared. I'm not negative regarding this development, I think it is vital for the future of speedway that costs are reduced.

DON'T forget they have been working with Robert Lambert as well. Danny King tried one. Sure there will be others. First and foremost the engine needs to be competitive but its selling point, if all goes according to plan, will be reliability and far greater intervals between services.

Thanks Philip, I was assuming they were planning on a launch in time for next season. Have they any plans to see how a 'lesser' rider copes with it, it's all very well getting the feedback from GP stars but if it's aimed at being more affordable to the mainstream rider, surely it would be advantageous to see how the average PL rider copes, possibly with a session where the uses 2 bikes with the 2 engines fitted and lap times are compared. I'm not negative regarding this development, I think it is vital for the future of speedway that costs are reduced.

IMO you might as well be negative , because there are several tuners out there waiting to get their hands on one to secure their pension funds , BSPA and SCB will pander to them instead of ensuring they don't undo all the work that has been on this engine to help cut costs .. Gerhard should have paid Briggs off , then we could have seen the use of them forcibly brought into use .

Was Harris on GM in the first 3 heats tonight? Im sure he was on GTR in the last two. He did nicely in his fourth heat on GTR.

Was Harris on GM in the first 3 heats tonight? Im sure he was on GTR in the last two. He did nicely in his fourth heat on GTR.

Definitely looked like he was on a different bike for his heat win

From watching it on TV, Bomber was certainly on a GTR for his last, and best, ride. I think he was on a GM for his others. Looks like he engine is quick as well as good from the gate, things are looking positive as competition for the GM's and Jawa's.