British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

So it isn't actually going to help Speedway, simply because we can't actually buy them, probably the reason the BSPA are looking closely at the project, knowing full well they are not available.

Ford don't hype and advertise a car, then say, oh by the way, you can't actually buy one cos we can't make them yet.

So it isn't actually going to help Speedway, simply because we can't actually buy them, probably the reason the BSPA are looking closely at the project, knowing full well they are not available.

Ford don't hype and advertise a car, then say, oh by the way, you can't actually buy one cos we can't make them yet.

Well it's already nudged GM into developing a better lubricated engine, so it might well 'help Speedway' if manufacturers are feeling obliged to up their game.

• Like 1

You must be easy put off then.

Do you know it he is unavailable, on holiday, etc, but once again moan moan. As has been pointed out on here, the problem with the progression of the Gerhard engine is he is a small unit, and would not appear to be able at this present time to consider mass production. It is out of season, you don't know what he is doing, neither do i BTW, and a week is hardly out of order IMO.

Not sure why you say I must be easily put off as it was someone I know. And quite frankly a week to respond to an email is terrible. Even if it is a standard acceptance with the promise to reply.

I think the rider I heard of wanted to buy a minimum of two engines possibly more. It makes you wonder if for the sake of an email that someone is prepared to potentially lose thousands of pounds worth of business they're shouldn't be advertising stuff in the first place.

I wonder how many other riders / sponsors are in the same position? GM have nothing to worry about yet.

Not sure why you say I must be easily put off as it was someone I know. And quite frankly a week to respond to an email is terrible. Even if it is a standard acceptance with the promise to reply.

I think the rider I heard of wanted to buy a minimum of two engines possibly more. It makes you wonder if for the sake of an email that someone is prepared to potentially lose thousands of pounds worth of business they're shouldn't be advertising stuff in the first place.

I wonder how many other riders / sponsors are in the same position? GM have nothing to worry about yet.

They should enquire here. http://shop.joehughesinternational.com/joehughes/product.asp?GPN=GTR-500

Edited by foamfence

Why not go straight to gerhard and buy for much cheaper ?

Are they much cheaper? I gave the address because he said Gerhard hadn't answered his Email.

Has the rider also emailed GM or Jawa and asked if they can try before they buy? Its not exactly a standard practice with speedway bikes / engines.

Maybe the GTR team 'could' hire a track & charge riders to come along for a try before you buy day?

But there would not be a hope that i would take/deliver an engine at my own expense unless i was confident the purchaser was considering a large number of units not 2-3.

Why not go straight to gerhard and buy for much cheaper ?

What would be the point of any company being suppliers for parts if factories just sold stuff out of the back door?

What would be the point of any company being suppliers for parts if factories just sold stuff out of the back door?

A thousand years ago .I went to Omega pistons at magna park for a piston . it was for a Godden and they were pistons from 2 litre sierra Cosworths , all was going well until the guy asked me why only 1 piston , I told him it was for a speedway bike ,immediately he said sorry cant help you ,you'll have to go to Godden for your piston . I can't sell you one

Correct me if I am wrong...but I was under the impression that Gerhard Engines, were just GM engines that had been tuned by Gerhard, and not 'new' engines manufactured by Gerhard?

His website also states...

Engines

In our own workshop in Frauenfeld (Switzerland), speedway engines from the brand GM are getting tuned and prepared for racing. Each individual step in the working process is carefully planned and executed with the utmost diligence. Only highest quality materials and components are used in this process.
The goal of Gerhard-Racing is not only to produce the fastest but also the most durable engines on the market. Typical Swiss values such as high quality, precision and reliability are contributing to a world-class engine made by Marcel Gerhard.
The ultimate goal is to win speedway races. But this is only possible if the rider can fully rely on his engine in every situation. Therefore, Marcel Gerhard puts all emphasis on the details while working on the engines.

Service
In addition to the delivery of new engines, Gerhard-Racing is also offering a regular maintenance service to extended product life cycle. These services usually take place within a reasonable time interval, and will also be performed with the highest precision and reliability.

Correct me if I am wrong...but I was under the impression that Gerhard Engines, were just GM engines that had been tuned by Gerhard, and not 'new' engines manufactured by Gerhard?

Engines

In our own workshop in Frauenfeld (Switzerland), speedway engines from the brand GM are getting tuned and prepared for racing. Each individual step in the working process is carefully planned and executed with the utmost diligence. Only highest quality materials and components are used in this process.

The goal of Gerhard-Racing is not only to produce the fastest but also the most durable engines on the market. Typical Swiss values such as high quality, precision and reliability are contributing to a world-class engine made by Marcel Gerhard.

The ultimate goal is to win speedway races. But this is only possible if the rider can fully rely on his engine in every situation. Therefore, Marcel Gerhard puts all emphasis on the details while working on the engines.

Service

In addition to the delivery of new engines, Gerhard-Racing is also offering a regular maintenance service to extended product life cycle. These services usually take place within a reasonable time interval, and will also be performed with the highest precision and reliability.

THE GTR is a completely new engine, nothing to do with GMs. Marcel has been a tuner ever since he quit racing.

• Like 1

Engines

Service

Have you not got eyes? :blink:

Are there any plans to add GTR approved 'servicers' to the mix? With the workload of overseeing engine production and completing the services on an increasing number of engines in circulation is surely going to be a major drain on Marcel Gerhard's time?

What would be the realistic turn around time on shipping an engine to GTR, getting the inspection/service completed & having it returned?

Have you not got eyes? :blink:

Yes I have...maybe you need to read that quote again. 'speedway engines from the brand GM are getting tuned and prepared for racing'.

Obviously an older website.