British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

I didn't say that but it must plant the seeds of doubt or suspicion. You can't prove I'm wrong and I can't prove I'm right (presumably some form of scientific testing might), so I'll leave it at that.

Isn't racing dope purer than the cleaner purposed Methanol?

Racing Meth needs to be 99.9% pure?

The cleaning variant, only 95%?

Not sure what pureness the Methanol has to be that's added to chip fat to make bio-diesel.....

Edited by Shale Searcher

Isn't racing dope purer than the cleaner purposed Methanol?

Racing Meth needs to be 99.9% pure?

The cleaning variant, only 95%?

Not sure what pureness the Methanol has to be that's added to chip fat to make bio-diesel.....

We were discussing spark plugs.

We were discussing spark plugs.

And someone mentioned methanol and reputable v unreptuble sources, I just followed in, albeit, selected the wrong bit for quoting, easy to do on mobile version, not desktop..

• Like 1

because its for a speedway bike If you were to buy an NGK-RO-045J-10 for another type of bike they are only £10 , well providing you don't buy it from Joe hughes because his are special speedway ones that's why they are 4 times the price ;) I have heard briggo is bringing one out . it will be in it's own box with briggo on it and not NGK , so naturally it will have to be a little more expensive I heard £142 mooted , but that depends if the SCB will make a rule that only ones from boxes stamped with briggo are legal

Hate to pi$$ on your rant but they cost a lot more than a tenner trade.

• Like 1

Aldi baked beans are just as good as Heinz, but are only a quarter of the price, they're not fake lol.

Aldi baked beans are just as good as Heinz, but are only a quarter of the price, they're not fake lol.

Aldi beans are fakes that's why they are cheap . since navy beans or haricot to use the correct medical term ,only come from one source in the world .... Canada .Aldi beans have got to be fakes , most likely Aldi are buying a tin of Heinz and cutting them with bleached peas to make the stretch to 4 tins worth , apparently they cut the tomato sauce with cheap pigs blood as well you only get what you pay for , I don't know how it works but selling stuff at a fair markup turns whatever it is into fake . and buying cheap fake beans will wind up damaging your ringpiece with toxic gas

It's like buying a drill bit for my work to drill into steel/concrete you can get one at £3 pretty useless and one at £6might last a few days and tungsten carbine ones at £12 you also get diamond Titanium Nitride. Titanium Aluminum Nitride. Zirconium Nitride all will do the job but some more expensive all look the same but perform different you only get what you pay for these days why buy 2/3 times when buy the proper one to do the job

• Like 2

Aldi beans are not as good as Heinz , Branston are ok tho. Some some stuff from Aldi ,Lidl is just as good but some stuffs unedible. In some cases you get what you pay for but it's also easy to get ripped off

I go Lidl, don't buy everything there, but the basics are good, and considerably cheaper.. 2L milk is 99p, at Co-Op it's £1.49!! Gallereux Lager, (Stella Clone) £2.69 for 4 x 440 cans, at Co-Op it £4.00+ Marmite £2.35, Co-Op it is £2.79

Pork, Beef, Chicken, a lot cheaper..... I don't like their Baked Beans, but tins of Red Kidney Beans, Tomatos, also only 25p-30p all good..

With all the different racing engines there are, not just speedway, surely NGK are not the only plug manufacturer for a speedway engine? What about a good old Lodge spark plug? I bet JAP and Rudge engines used them! And they are a nice pink colour! :approve:

Aldi beans are not as good as Heinz , Branston are ok tho. Some some stuff from Aldi ,Lidl is just as good but some stuffs unedible. In some cases you get what you pay for but it's also easy to get ripped off

all baked beans are exactly the same beans . Haricot all come from the same place , Canada , the only difference is the tomato sauce ,and of course the brand name which dictates the selling price like many things ,, are a pair of Levi jeans @£100 any better than Asda jeans @ £6 , I have both and I would say the Asda ones are better , but I always go out in Levi's (Dress jeans lol )

all baked beans are exactly the same beans . Haricot all come from the same place , Canada , the only difference is the tomato sauce ,and of course the brand name which dictates the selling price like many things ,, are a pair of Levi jeans @£100 any better than Asda jeans @ £6 , I have both and I would say the Asda ones are better , but I always go out in Levi's (Dress jeans lol )

You are dead right..... Like you say, the way the Haricot beans are cooked, and what's in the sauce, I find a lot of the generic branded tinned foods have a very strong background taste of Saccharine, overused and instead of proper sugar....

With all the different racing engines there are, not just speedway, surely NGK are not the only plug manufacturer for a speedway engine? What about a good old Lodge spark plug? I bet JAP and Rudge engines used them! And they are a nice pink colour! :approve:

there are many suitable alternatives for any application , and considering the lifetime of a spark plug why would anyone bother to fake them , it's not as if they are everyday purchases , and to make it worthwhile you would need to sell a huge amount ,which won't happen because the biggest users , dealer franchises , buy straight from the source , what we were actually debating is how much speedway suppliers mark up goods

that are marketed as special to speedway . there is almost nothing that is actually speedway only ,except crap that has briggo stamped on it