British Speedway Forum
penchev

Premier League Pairs Somerset 03/07/15

So if it was an ipswich rider that lost control of his own bike on his own. Would you then have been wanting an all 4 back?

• Like 1

Well done to the winners this evening but I think some proper qualifying needs to happen, Sheffield out of it when the top of the PL averages is out due to injury? Maybe somat needs to happen?

So if it was an ipswich rider that lost control of his own bike on his own. Would you then have been wanting an all 4 back?

I wouldn't say i would want it no as Ipswich isn't my team but I would have recognised the decision being all 4 back with no quarrel. This is my opinion and should be able to put it across. I apologise for losing my cool yes but its my opinion that the referee got it wrong.

Injustice again this year then? Or maybe not seeing its your team that won.

no idea haven't seen the final. From reports it seems Kurtz lifted on his own and came off. However if it was the wrong decision I would admit it unlike last year when the wrong decision was played out in front of a tv audience

Well done ippo deserved and hopefully boosts ronhan's confidence for rest of season. Feel for richard lawson below par tonight but he will bounce back im sure

but I would have recognised the decision being all 4 back with no quarrel.

stop going on about Tungates fall then.

The decision was wrong.

The Kurtz one wasnt.

The decision was wrong.

The Kurtz one wasnt.

That makes no sense seeing as I posted nothing about Tungate or his fall in heat 5 in that post. I was answering a question put to me.

I said in the final if it was all 4 back and an ipswich rider fell I would have no quarrel. Which points to my main fact that everyone is ignoring, how many riders have fell off first bend and been called back throughout the history of speedway?

Also something else to add on last night when some of us Rebels gave abuse to the ref (which i have already stated i was wrong for choice of words and that i lost my cool). People called us cretins (on fb) and plonkers but what about the Witches fans who were gathered out front giving abuse to somerset fans who passed? Is that not wrong aswell?

Real abuse between any sets of fans is out of order - Witches included.

• Like 1

no idea haven't seen the final. From reports it seems Kurtz lifted on his own and came off. However if it was the wrong decision I would admit it unlike last year when the wrong decision was played out in front of a tv audience

Brady Kurtz exclusion was absolutely correct
  • Like 1

The decision was wrong.

The Kurtz one wasnt.

Only just caught back up on this thread, and was about to post the exact same thing. The only saving grace in the Tungate one was at least he had recieved a nudge prior to going down like a sack of spuds some time after. Kurtz was so wide nobody was remotely near him. Completely different incident as Kurtz had lifted and lost control of the bike.

That makes no sense seeing as I posted nothing about Tungate or his fall in heat 5 in that post. I was answering a question put to me.

I said in the final if it was all 4 back and an ipswich rider fell I would have no quarrel. Which points to my main fact that everyone is ignoring, how many riders have fell off first bend and been called back throughout the history of speedway?

Also something else to add on last night when some of us Rebels gave abuse to the ref (which i have already stated i was wrong for choice of words and that i lost my cool). People called us cretins (on fb) and plonkers but what about the Witches fans who were gathered out front giving abuse to somerset fans who passed? Is that not wrong aswell?

I didn't see anyone else giving any abuse to the ref - everyone up on the terracing by the refs box knew what the decision was going to be before it was announced.

You still ignore the fact that there has been worse cases of where the rider falls on his own yet still comes back for all four.

You are getting your 'facts' muddled up with 'opinions' - as that isn't a fact.

how about accepting that you are wrong and stop being a bad loser. I wasn't there so I can't comment but even your fellow rebels fans are telling you that you are wrong. Just accept it and move on because your making yourself look a bit silly now. 2014 you were robbed of the pairs but it seems that this year you lost because of a right exclusion. All the bluster re Tungates fall earlier in the meeting has nothing to do with it. You don't simply give a second incorrect decision if you got the first one wrong which it seems Rohan should have been excluded. From all sources it seems Kurtz fell on his own so irrelevant of what part of the race it was he has to go or do you think that no matter if a rider falls on the first bend it's all 4 back?
  • Like 3

It would appear that a couple of decisions seem to have decided the outcome of this meeting , rightly or wrongly .

Would the Witches have even made the final if Tungate had been excluded after his earlier fall ? We will never know .

Apparently the correct decision was made in the final ( according to the vast majority , even most Rebels fans ) and that's the way the cookie crumbles as they say .

Who was the ref anyway ?

All I know is im very pleased we won !! and at least we have something to celebrate after a very indifferent start to the season .

I will openly admit I would have definitely preferred to have Covatti to Tungate in the pairing prior to the meeting but I take it back now and say a massive :-

WELL DONE TO

" DANNY AND ROHAN "

"PREMIER LEAGUE PAIRS CHAMPIONS"

• Like 5

At the end of the day, I will leave it but I still stand by what I say right or wrong I am entitled to my opinion. I believe we were robbed again which was shared from others at the track last night.

I do however as i said apologise on behalf of some rebels fans for our chosen words to the referee. I don't want that representing us Rebels fans. Myself and the Rebel fans are generally nice people, It happens to everyone in their life. Still no reason for the abuse and nose- rubbing from the witches fans on the roadside though.

• Like 1

If my memory serves me correctly the ref was Chris Gay.

On a different note one of the big disappointments for me was the lack of team riding in what is supposed to be an event to make this important. When a rider looked back to see where his partner was it generally was on the last lap when nothing could be done. There was a bit of team riding but no slowing down of the race to allow a team mate to try and make an important pass. A real dying art I would say.

On a positive note though, it was good to see so many supporters in the stadium. Perhaps with it not being on Sky prompted some fans to turn up. There was a great atmosphere and some good racing.

You are generally guaranteed a good nights racing with some surprises thrown in at the pairs. Have to say the Witches win was one of them.

• Like 3

Brummi Rebel - I am interested to know more about the "abuse" dished out by Witches fans.

How/what was it that overstepped the mark of acceptable celebratory banter?